Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Michelle Is Counting Her Chickens Too Early: Michelle Obama anticipates life as 'mom-i
Yes 28 70.00%
No 12 30.00%
Not Sure. 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:37 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
McMolly, I'm an independant libertarian. I have never been a registered democrat, in my life. Ever. And if you take the time to read my comments, which you can do a search for, you will notice that I do not call out racism, except when posts are RACIST. Have a nice day!
Okay, I stand corrected. You're not a registered Democrat. So we'll take that out of the equation.

While I don't have the time to research your past posts, I went back to the beginning of this thread (which is what I was addressing) and read up to your comment stating that it was a racist thread.

There are only 6 (1 was cut) comments before you called it a racist thread in Post #8.

Quote:
I think she is counting her chickens too early.

No ifs or buts, Michelle Obama anticipates life as 'mom-in-chief'
Quote:
You think Cindy McCain doesn't?
Quote:
LOL I love it! I need to get a T-shirt that says that She loves her husband and children and people want to bash that. Says a lot about the family values of some
Quote:
She is just....yucky.
Quote:
You seem awfully obsessed with Michelle these days ProudCapMarine.
Quote:
Could not have said it better. She is truly a mean-spirited, bitter, control freak, very suitable as the wife of a political hack. No amount of new clothes or "retraining" is going to change that. Merely an attempt to dupe the dupe-able.
And then your post #7:

Quote:
That about sums up the comments I read here which are thinly disguised racism. The sad part is that it is evident to everyone but those espousing their bigotry
Now you tell me which of these comments is racist. Because I don't see one. Some are not so nice, you may not like them, but they could also be said of a White candidate (and have been I might add).

I posted what I know to be the truth which is that Obama's followers are doing everything they can to get the race card out there. There are serious flaws in Obama's candidacy for President and not one of them has to do with the fact that he is Black.

And without question there was not a hint of racism on this thread until you plunked it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 PM

500 posts, read 910,448 times
She has no values, I bet she steals from a charity to fuel her drug addiction

Old 08-06-2008, 08:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Dickman View Post
She has no values, I bet she steals from a charity to fuel her drug addiction
Who are you talking about? I've heard many things about Michelle, but this is the first I've heard about a drug addiction...did you just make that up?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:13 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Who are you talking about? I've heard many things about Michelle, but this is the first I've heard about a drug addiction...did you just make that up?
I believe it was a sarcastic reference to Cindy McCain stealing drugs from her charity

Old 08-26-2008, 10:35 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times
Did anyone listen to Michelle's speech last night at the Democrat Convention?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,905,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Only the highlights on the news today. I had to snicker where she said something along the lines of "that is why I love this country". She's obviously trying to do damage control after her previous crack about not being proud of America. At this point I don't really pay too much attention to what she says though, to me she seems insincere. And bringing out the daughters was just too much for me, I felt they were exploiting them, trying to win over the mothers of America.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:09 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She is just....yucky.
That's a very eloquent point, Sanrene. Keep it up.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,091,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Yes, I did listen to her speech last night at the Democratic convention. I enjoyed it, it wasn't her best speech, but it was just fine.

My larger question is, you do realize that we have the Republican and Democratic party not the Republican and Democrat party, do you not?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:24 PM

69 posts, read 133,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Is there any chance this stupidity can stop? It's really getting old and very, very tired.

Let's pretend for a moment that Barack and Michelle Obama are White. And then read the threads that are critisms of Obama and see if you can still call them "racist" at the outset. That's not to say no one here is ever guilty of making a racist remark, but all too often the accusation comes before the racism.

It's as if you're goading people, daring them ... and there will always be someone who will bite.

There is such a thing a racism in this country ... no question. But right now Mr. Obama is running for President and he is going to be criticized. It does not mean that the criticism is being racist. I what is being said could be said about any individual, no matter what their race, then it's not a racist comment.

You cannot keep pulling this every darned time someone says something you don't like about your candidate.

Now get over it and find a more substantive argument.

AMEN! You are right. These people have no substantive argument, so they have to resort to racsim and name calling.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,778 times
This is just a really moronic post to begin with. Is Michelle anticipating life as mom-in-chief? of course! Is cindy? yes. Is Obama anticipating life a Commander-in Chief? Is McCain? OF COURSE!!! ALL these people are. In elections, everyone refers to "when" they take office, not "if." It's the way things go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections