Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:15 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,387 times

Advertisements

The whole reason for pointing out how many homes McCain doesn't remember owning, is to show how OUT OF TOUCH McCain is with "regular" life...he doesn't know how much you have to make before you're "rich", he doesn't know how much gas costs at the pump, he doesn't know how many houses he has. There is NOTHING wrong in working hard and amassing a fortune (not that McCain did that), but there is A LOT wrong with the President of the United States not knowing any of the details about his own life. No wonder McCain doesn't have any specific policy plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
The fact is that 30+% of Fox News viewers are Democrats ... intellignt, thinking Democrats of course (there are some). If you don't watch it, then you have no basis for criticism. Only +30% who watch Fox are Republicans ... this was all reported only last week. They analyzed CNN, MSNBC, FOX. Fox had more of a balance between Repubs, Dems, Inds than any other cable news network.

As for her house, it is quite amazing and absolutely fair game considering the Dems opened the stupid door about houses. Who the heck cares? I know I don't.

Still ... I'm puzzled. I distinctly remember Joe Biden saying his mother had trouble affording health insurance. He could have gotten her an awful lot of health insurance for what the house cost.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:23 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
The whole reason for pointing out how many homes McCain doesn't remember owning, is to show how OUT OF TOUCH McCain is with "regular" life...he doesn't know how much you have to make before you're "rich", he doesn't know how much gas costs at the pump, he doesn't know how many houses he has. There is NOTHING wrong in working hard and amassing a fortune (not that McCain did that), but there is A LOT wrong with the President of the United States not knowing any of the details about his own life. No wonder McCain doesn't have any specific policy plans.
Well, since you know the definition, please tell us:

Rich - Define it.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
We all watch Fox News so we can giggle at the Parrots at the office. Watch Fox News on Monday night, so you know what the buzz words and "independent" analysis will be the next day at work. It is a secret giggle.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:27 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,387 times
I'm not the one creating the tax brackets, so it doesn't really matter...but I will say that you're rich in this country waaaaay before you get to the 5 million mark!

Old 08-23-2008, 09:29 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I'm not the one creating the tax brackets, so it doesn't really matter...but I will say that you're rich in this country waaaaay before you get to the 5 million mark!

The gov't will never make people rich, other than stealing from hard workers and giving the money to the "poor".

Financial decisions is the reason many people are in the predicament they are in, and no other reason. Many people make POOR financial decisions. Laziness is also another factor.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:58 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, what you're saying is you watch Fox News.
All CNN was talking about was the Olympics and I wanted to see Biden coverage. Otherwise I would not watch The Republican News Channel!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:02 AM

206 posts, read 615,519 times
Talking Fox news

I LOVE FOX NEWS I WATCH EVERYDAY AT LEAST THERE FAIR ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY

AT LEAST I KNOW WHERE I LIVE AND HOW MANY HOUSE I OWN LMAO

MCCAIN A JOKE AND I HOPE SEE THAT BEFORE NOV

Old 08-23-2008, 10:05 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
All CNN was talking about was the Olympics and I wanted to see Biden coverage. Otherwise I would not watch The Republican News Channel!
Ha. If any news network doesn't tow the Democratic Party Line as does, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, most newspapers, etc. then you call it the Republican News Channel, but still watch it anyway. Priceless!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Faux News is without a doubt the official channel of the Republican Party. I don't think there's much dispute about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections