Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,595,004 times

Advertisements

and they believed to come to the Western Hemisphere because of God also. Gee....imagine if Columbus didn't believe in God....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Yea especially when Sarah Palin said the Iraq war was God's plan. Sound familiar? Islamic extremist believe the attacks on us was allah's plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 AM

Good Christian?

Any Christian KNOWS that Jesus Christ is their LORD and SAVIOR.

If someone is your LORD...that means that they are over EVERYTHING in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I don't care what Obama's pastor said, I care what SHE SAYS, and she is OUT OF HER MIND.

Hey, and I am a good Christian....

Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,831,367 times
sigh. . . another thread showing yet more liberal tolerance.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,674,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasNootz View Post
I'd wait until the debates before you start bashing her "radical views". She's given one speech, and for 99.5% of America that's all we know about her. The rest is written/conjectured from agenda filled authors on both side of the aisle.
Have you researched Sarah Palin? She wants her religious views applied to everything. Abortion. Sex Education. Creationism. Book banning. Wars sent from God. Do some research, don't just wait until the debates.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
sigh. . . another thread showing yet more liberal tolerance.
Tolerance? We just don't want someone else's religion forced on us. Tolerance would be keeping your religious views to yourself instead of trying to legislate them.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 AM

Have you researched Obama, and his religious views with Jeremiah Wright?
Please don't tell me that he changed his religious views JUST for the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Have you researched Sarah Palin? She wants her religious views applied to everything. Abortion. Sex Education. Creationism. Book banning. Wars sent from God. Do some research, don't just wait until the debates.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 AM

Telling us how we should believe in OUR GOD is YOUR RELIGION FORCED ON US.

Quote:
Tolerance? We just don't want someone else's religion forced on us. Tolerance would be keeping your religious views to yourself instead of trying to legislate them.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:47 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,253,715 times
What Obama gets is that his religion is his personal business...and he believes we all have the same right to worship where or who. He will be our president...not our religious leader telling us what doctrine to adhere to.

I'm not so sure the Republican ticket gets that any more.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Telling us how we should believe in OUR GOD is YOUR RELIGION FORCED ON US.
I don't have a religion.

How am I telling you how to believe in your God? You can believe whatever you want, I sure as hell don't care, just don't force it into schools and legislation or expect me to believe in the same. Don't start wars because God tells you to.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:54 AM

You're telling me how I should believe in Him.

Whether I want to INCLUDE Him in my political beliefs are not IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

AND it goes both ways. Why does any kids need to learn about the 2 kings or 2 queens in elementary school? Why are you guys pushing YOUR PROPAGANDA on YOUNG children?

Your beliefs are that I should NOT include it in school.
Well that's YOUR BELIEFS.
My beliefs tell me otherwise...
Is it wrong? According to you it is....but you want to FORCE ME in what I should include my beliefs in.

Quote:
I don't have a religion.

How am I telling you how to believe in your God? You can believe whatever you want, I sure as hell don't care, just don't force it into schools and legislation or expect me to believe in the same. Don't start wars because God tells you to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections