Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 09:08 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,748,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Do you believe the Iraq War was a Task sent from God?
actually no, I dont
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
actually no, I dont
Palin does.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,690,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Do you use AT&T to stay connected?
Yup - they do have excellent service! But I call after 9pm for the free minutes

Old 09-04-2008, 09:14 AM

350 posts, read 654,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
We should've left the Kurds get exterminated.

Good Point.
US did not go to war with Iraq for the Kurds benefit . It went for oil.
Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have been killed, maimed, displaced because of US involvement there? But, what the hey, God is on your side!

As to God speaking to people - it must be remembered that apparently He speaks to bin Laden as well as to evangelicals - so, who is getting the correct message?

Where I come from, one religious group tries to oppress another and, in the past, tried to forcibly convert it - and this has caused nothing but unending violence. What I thought was so beautiful about US is that each practises his own faith privately, but no one imposes it on others. Is this not what your Founding Fathers intented?

America, keep it that way!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:15 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Please, not another John ********. Prepare to have DOJ statues covered again.
Let the eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagle soooooooooooarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:16 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,197,181 times
Religion is a fine guide around which a person might organize his own life, but an awful instrument around which to organize someone else’s life. - Richard D. Mohr

Old 09-04-2008, 09:16 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I've known a lot of Girls who Were Pentecostal and did not become Pregnant...

----

God and Politics do not mix...
Tell that to Sarah Palin.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:21 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Let the eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagle soooooooooooarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
LOLOL +rep

Old 09-04-2008, 09:26 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,184,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Just for the record when someone says "God speaks to me" they are referring to what they read in the Bible.
umm, no. When Mayor Palin says "god speaks to me" she is talking about the Holy Spirit. Whether it is true or not it does not belong in politics. This nation is full of differant religions and faiths and beliefs. No ONE politician in a enormous position of power should rule by HIS OR HER faith

Quote:
I have no idea why some are so scared of God.
People aren't scared of god. Shoot some people in the USA don't even believe in god. That is their choice.

I personally believe in god.

What scares ME is having a President or Vice President who will impose THEIR INTERPRETATION of gods will.

When Palin goes on a stage to proclaim "gods will" with regard to the deaths fo 4000 of our children she crosses the line between politician and religious zealot.

Should politicians stop saying "god bless america"?. Of course not. We are a religious country.

THe line is crossed when you proclaim "your god" over mine or "your interpretaions" on mine.

That is what is NOT allowed in politics and that exactly what Palin is doing by saying "gods will in iraq" and in also taking extremist religious positions in public policy.

We are not looking for OBAMA/BIDEN MCCAIN/PALIN to be our religious leaders!

Last edited by BK2Westchester; 09-04-2008 at 09:54 AM..

Old 09-04-2008, 09:39 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,690,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
We are not looking for OBAMA/BIDEN MCCAIN/PALIN to be our religious leaders!
Agreed - we elect a politician - not a pope or a mullah. A very significant percentage of elected officials in the House are lawyers (insert you ethics joke here). In my view, both Dems and Reps standing for election pretend to be far more pious than they are since they need to stimulate the "base". I know of no case where a Dem or Rep pretended to be less pious than they were. Projecting a moral image is extremely important for both parties - and enough people need to buy into this so that you are elected.

Once elected, the focus is to pay back the corporations who you depend so much on since elections are expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections