Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,690,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
And the Constitution doesn't mention God. How have we survived this long without God being in the Constitution?
A significant percent of people are atheists -- this constitutes a large number if you look around the world. They all survived well without god in their beliefs or their constitution. Also, if you are implying "your" god is the savior, look around the world - everyone has a god and "their" god is the good dude. There are tens of millions of happy "godless" people in China, Russia, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,593,380 times
Happy? Yea that's why everyone wants to move to China and Russia lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
A significant percent of people are atheists -- this constitutes a large number if you look around the world. They all survived well without god in their beliefs or their constitution. Also, if you are implying "your" god is the savior, look around the world - everyone has a god and "their" god is the good dude. There are tens of millions of happy "godless" people in China, Russia, etc.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Happy? Yea that's why everyone wants to move to China and Russia lol
"move to another country"- is that the last refuge for every argument? In that case, suggest you move to a country where no other religion is supported but yours.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
I think the scariest weirdest thing is how Caribou Barbie thinks she can tell Americans what 'God's" plans are , talks about "God" like she's an expert, tries to push him down our throats ...but then just ignores that she, her husband, her daughter, and her boyfriend ALL had sex outside of marriage........ will she next tell us it was "God's" plan ????

Will she excuse ALL her behaviour as "God's" plan???

All the very ugly "christian" insults and lies in her speech ...were they part of "God's " plan?

It's scary that she thinks "God" is a taxpaying constituent....he is NOT!

And she should keep his opinion out of it!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:50 AM

You're the one who said that Russia/China is happy....

SURE IT IS!

United States is one of the top places to live AND it always has been since well before we gain our independence.

Quote:
"move to another country"- is that the last refuge for every argument?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:52 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,253,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I think the scariest weirdest thing is how Caribou Barbie thinks she can tell Americans what 'God's" plans are , talks about "God" like she's an expert, tries to push him down our throats ...but then just ignores that she, her husband, her daughter, and her boyfriend ALL had sex outside of marriage........ will she next tell us it was "God's" plan ????

Will she excuse ALL her behaviour as "God's" plan???

All the very ugly "christian" insults and lies in her speech ...were they part of "God's " plan?

It's scary that she thinks "God" is a taxpaying constituent....he is NOT!

And she should keep his opinion out of it!
You're not the only person who finds Palin's comments about "God's will" to be disturbing. These comments will not play well outside of the Neo-Con circle...

Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
You're the one who said that Russia/China is happy....

SURE IT IS!

United States is one of the top places to live AND it always has been since well before we gain our independence.
I said the people who do not believe in god can be happy - not all Russians and Chinese. I gave this example as these countries have a higher percent of people who do not share your view. I for one am very happy here since constitution rules!! You may consider moving since you do not like the way things are headed

Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 AM

This sums up this whole thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Don't all the candidates say God Bless America at the end of their speeches? I'm not sure???

Should we have them all stop saying this?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 AM

When McCain/Palin gets voted in...you'll be the one packing your bags.

Quote:
I said the people who do not believe in god can be happy - not all Russians and Chinese. I gave this example as these countries have a higher percent of people who do not share your view. I for one am very happy here since constitution rules!! You may consider moving since you do not like the way things are headed

Old 09-04-2008, 08:56 AM

389 posts, read 1,096,258 times
Quote:
Yeah, I think you need to learn how to read sarcasm better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections