Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times

Advertisements

I find it odd that this is the last night of this convention and yet we haven't heard about the issues. When will they address the issues on the economy. lost jobs , people loosing their homes and gas prices. The war and health care. They say mabe tonight. Palin delivered a nice speech but it was a speech. She was great at telling her story and bhashing Obama which is expected. When will this party talk about my story. They dance a little side step because it is Bush who put us here. I won't vote for McCain but it would be nice to hear someone say how they plan to get us all out of this mess. Instead we hear every canidate that ran in this party speak. They all ramble about everything else but what they will do. Of course they are excited about Palin they have nothingelse to be excited about. Face it she is there to try and save this election. The hype of this speech will die out because she will have to stand alone to meet the press and the debates and talk the issues which she hasn't done yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Well, we wouldn't have had to wait so damn long to begin with if Obama were MAN enough to accept McCain's townhall and debate challenge.

From the guy who said he'd have a debate about the issues with McCain, "anytime, anywhere," he sure has shown to be a COWARD when challenged with the prospect of not being where he's most comfortable --- delivering a pre-made speech with a teleprompter in front of 80,000 screaming, adoring fans.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
issues smissues. Bring on the smear

Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I find it odd that this is the last night of this convention and yet we haven't heard about the issues. When will they address the issues on the economy. lost jobs , people loosing their homes and gas prices. The war and health care. They say mabe tonight. Palin delivered a nice speech but it was a speech. She was great at telling her story and bhashing Obama which is expected. When will this party talk about my story. They dance a little side step because it is Bush who put us here. I won't vote for McCain but it would be nice to hear someone say how they plan to get us all out of this mess. Instead we hear every canidate that ran in this party speak. They all ramble about everything else but what they will do. Of course they are excited about Palin they have nothingelse to be excited about. Face it she is there to try and save this election. The hype of this speech will die out because she will have to stand alone to meet the press and the debates and talk the issues which she hasn't done yet.
From Rick Davis, campaign manager for John McCain - "This election is not about issues"

Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
From Rick Davis, campaign manager for John McCain - "This election is not about issues"
It ceased being about issues after the Republicans watched Hillary trying desperately to talk "issues" and Obama would still get ahead by smearing, and talking in amorphous circles about "hope and change."

Old 09-04-2008, 08:38 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Default What Issues?

McCain Manager: 'This Election is Not About Issues' - The Fix

Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 AM

500 posts, read 702,959 times
I posted this in another thread:
I believe that tonight is the big night for the GOP. McCain better outline what his plans are and not be vague as Obama was during his Greek God speech. If he continues to take jabs and make vague and or unrealistic promises, then the GOP will have ZERO chance at winning.
Just my opinion.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,050 times
They talked about those things last night. All of them.

economy. lost jobs , people loosing their homes and gas price

They were all talked about. Where were you when they were giving us ways to fix these things?

Economy- All of them said you need to allow businesses to grow and create jobs without taxing them.

Jobs- All of them discussed this, Palin even went over the top with this issue.

Homes- Was discussed by Romney, Huck and Palin.

Gas Prices - How much more do you want? They all said something about this, Palin went out of her way to discuss this.

Just because they did not discuss how they would give a handout to everyone means to you they did not discuss it.

Unless you were listening to the rerun of the DNC you missed all this. See, the DNC talked about it but gave no plans on how to fix it other then taxing us which is the wrong way to go.

Besides, you are not voting for them so why even watch it? You need to demand answers from your party, not just talk or "just words".

Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I think you know the answer to that.............they don't want to talk about the issues, because the only thing they could discuss is how the Republican brand has failed America over the past couple of decades.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, we wouldn't have had to wait so damn long to begin with if Obama were MAN enough to accept McCain's townhall and debate challenge.

From the guy who said he'd have a debate about the issues with McCain, "anytime, anywhere," he sure has shown to be a COWARD when challenged with the prospect of not being where he's most comfortable --- delivering a pre-made speech with a teleprompter in front of 80,000 screaming, adoring fans.
Obama is my guy, but I would like to see this, unscripted, no vetting of questions, no prep. Just take (reasonable) questions and both guys answer. I'm sure he would do fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections