Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:45 AM

267 posts, read 1,141,943 times

Advertisements

Why is she hokey? Cause she's not from the Bronx?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:46 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Great. We have woman haters and now pit bull haters.
Oh NO.

Not pit bull haters.

Oh where will it all end????

Crazy liberals.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:46 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I think if you drop the c it would describe her perfectly.

The Hokey Mom.
hok·ey/ˈhoʊki/[hoh-kee]
–adjective hok·i·er, hok·i·est.

1. obviously contrived, esp. to win popular appeal or support; phony.

Yep, sounds about right to me...

Old 09-04-2008, 09:47 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
It's supposed to convey a tough attitude and draw a contrast with the stereotypical suburban soccer mom. The idea they're pushing is that soccer moms are soft and squishy, and they're afraid of their kids getting hurt. Hockey moms, meanwhile, let their kids play a game with sharp skates, flying rubber projectiles, and bone-crushing checks. They aren't afraid to let their kids take a few knocks.
Ahhh....thanks for that explanation! I was thinking it was the equivalent of a soccer mom but just a different sport! I've been a soccer mom, basektball mom, softball mom, baseball mom and football mom, but never a hockey mom!

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:

Time for OBAMA to take an animal rights position by the way.
Yes. I mean WTH is he doing pussyfooting around with silly issues like the economy and thousands dying in the Middle East? He's just avoiding the Animal Rights Issue. Out of fear.

Hit that one right out of the ballkpark, runnswithscissors. Keep running, hon.

9,847 posts, read 25,257,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemom View Post
Why is she hokey? Cause she's not from the Bronx?
No, because her speech last night was full of rhetoric and canned reaction lines.

Do you have something against people from the Bronx and New York? You know us folks in the "elite East." I could have sworn it was 1999 last night, the way repubs were riling up their base with all this the establishment is against us nonsense.

10,599 posts, read 17,916,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
A 'Hockey Mom' is someone that sits in the stands yelling at the top of her voice,

'KILL em Track!'
'don't just take that - hit him with your stick'
'take that other kid out'
'if you don't hurt him you're walking home'
OK cool. We have women haters, pit bull haters and now hockey mom haters.

The Democrats really know how to love America allright. Just like the Messiah granny under the bus to voice a hateful comment like "typical white woman".

You all deserve each other, collective phonies. The only thing you like is BIG GOVERNMENT so all your B.S. public programs can be overfunded and keep you all in political jobs and keep your demographic with free government money.

Ask OBAMA about sports. He can tell you all about Basketball. Especially his workout in Germany instead of visiting the troops in the hospital alone and with some humility. I guess the irony of HIM with injured TROOPS was too much to handle without a teleprompter and press photos.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:49 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,546,024 times
The vast majority of Americans don't care about hockey. I don't care that she's a hockey mom. Quite frankly, I don't care much about her family. I want to know why I should feel comfortable having her one heartbeat away from the presidency in these times. I'm still waiting for my answer.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 AM

267 posts, read 1,141,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
No, because her speech last night was full of rhetoric and canned reaction lines.

Do you have something against people from the Bronx and New York? You know us folks in the "elite East." I could have sworn it was 1999 last night, the way repubs were riling up their base with all this the establishment is against us nonsense.
Sorry - Born and raised in NY myslef. Just moved out. - Was just wondering why the hokey comment.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,374 times
Quote:
OK cool. We have women haters, pit bull haters and now hockey mom haters.
You forgot Republican haters and Brussels sprouts haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections