Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 02:20 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
37 Million Watched Palin - Real Clear Politics - Elections 2008 - TIME (http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/09/palin_just_11_million_fewer_vi.html - broken link)

So, we can probably assume fairly that if Palin had all 10 networks that obama had, she would have drawn more viewers.
I did not have to watch the Obama speech because I know him and like him. I had to watch the Palin speech because I would be remiss to not learn about her. Will I be voting for her? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 02:20 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
37 Million Watched Palin - Real Clear Politics - Elections 2008 - TIME (http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/09/palin_just_11_million_fewer_vi.html - broken link)

So, we can probably assume fairly that if Palin had all 10 networks that obama had, she would have drawn more viewers.
That's a stupid assumption. Whether it's one channel or 50 channels it's the amount of people who want to watch it, not the amount of channels it's on that matters. Besides, it wasn't on HBO it was on basic tv channels, ones you can get for free over the air.

100 Million people watched the Super Bowl on 1 channel. Shows how much people really care about who is Prez.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:23 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Lol, my friend remarked about that last week.

"The DNC Convention is on BET? That's really kinda blatant, no?"

Why yes. Yes it is.

Well when 92% are addicted to the Pied Pipes tune.......don't blame me when they all fall off the cliff.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:24 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times
Of course they watched - no one knew anything about her.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:25 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
I thought for sure she'd get more than Obama--she had the curiousity factor going for her... and a scandal. And it's the first chance people had to hear from a complete unknown.

People have had plenty of chances to hear speeches from Obama... but still he got over a million more viewers that she did. More than 38 million tuned in to see him... and he didn't even have a scandal to help draw in the curious.

Oh my, and she was the exciting candidate. Gotta wonder how many people will be tuning in to see McSame tonight.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:25 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Wow. Palin is showing up Obama, and she is only the VP nominee.
I was thinking the same thing. Pretty bad when a VP blows the door off of the President wanna be.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:26 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Well when 92% are addicted to the Pied Pipes tune.......don't blame me when they all fall off the cliff.
HAHAHAHA......like Pubs and Dems aren't political lemmings. If that was the case people would vote out the 2 party system by selecting a real leader, not just a party affiliation.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Palin Nabs Highest '08 Broadcast TV Convention Ratings - TVWeek - News

Quote:
In terms of this year’s conventions, the preliminary rating for NBC’s coverage last night is higher than any other night of the convention on the broadcast networks, including Sen. Obama’s nomination acceptance speech on Aug. 28.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:27 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Of course they watched - no one knew anything about her.
We all watched Obama because we didn't know much about him either, or least the hidden stuff.

Palin kicked his butt and he even bought networks off.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:28 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,872 times
Quote:

Great! Good news! Now 37 million people were able to hear this very divisive speech which was filled with a bunch of "nothing" and no substance. Her speech certainly wasn't confidence inspiring to struggling Americans trying to keep their jobs nor any hope to our soldiers who have been deployed 3, 4 and 5 times there is any end in sight. It's obvious she had nothing positive to say about herself, other than talk about her family. Big deal, I have been married to my HS sweetheart for over 20 years and have children. Nothing special there. It was nothing more than a string of degrading comments against Obama who helped people get off the streets of Chicago. Okay, Miss Sunshine. How about talking about what she did to earn the respect of the Republicans. She wanted to come across tough but has Obama has pointed out in a speech a couple of months back... the ones who appear tough are actually the weakest ones of all. Lets see if she can back up her BIG TALK! I think Mrs. Palin had her first and last time in the lime light last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections