Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Independents, which way is your vote leaning right now?
Obama/Biden 32 43.24%
McCain/Palin 24 32.43%
Libertarian or other Declared Party ticket 5 6.76%
A write-in vote 7 9.46%
Seriously considering not voting at all this time 2 2.70%
Honestly have no clue which way I'll go on Nov 5th 4 5.41%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:17 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Up until McCain chose Palin as his running-mate I had no intentions on voting this year. I highly doubt either candidate will follow through on their promises. The only real difference will come with the Supreme Court nominations.

I've decided to vote for Obama for the sole reason that I dislike Palin. Anyone that wants to ban books is bad in my book.
As an Independent ex-Republican, the biggest dissapointments I had were their lack of stated fiscal discipline, the Iraq war and weakening of the constitution. Then, the choice of Palin signified strong influence of hate mongers who had no respect for science (evolution, global warming) and were developing a moronic culture. I started tilting left and then Palin came along to really seal the deal for me. I guess they do not have many atheist, science-loving people in the Republican tent. So far, Obama has displayed better judgement than McCain in picking VP and in running a campaign. McCain seems to be busy throwing hail-maries. I am not sure if Dems are better in running the economy, but am hoping they cannot be worse than the current regime.

Last edited by calmdude; 10-02-2008 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections