Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,916,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post

What demographic am I? Rich or Poor? White or Black? Man or Woman? Young or Old? You know nothing about me. But from your location I can pretty much figure out your demographic...
Well even though personal attacks are against the TOS here, read my first post here and you'll see I'm from PHILA proudly the home of the great Eddie Rendell, friend of Hillary and Bill. Further, I have posted as having been a supporter of voting for Bill Clinton for life if it were legal. I'm a registered Independent and former union member for decades.

"YOUR DEMOGRAPHIC" refers to party affiliation of DEMOCRATIC and now the hijack of the Democratic party by the MOST LEFTIST voting Senator in Congress, OBAMA, and the MOST embedded DC insider, BIDEN.

Bill and Hillary are Centrists.

I'm sorry that you're only citing one source on Infant Born Alive, whereas even Hillary Clinton and many others attacked his voting record NOT SUPPORTING THE BILL, also, and he is still under attack for his version of the "facts" not being acceptable. OBAMA likes to use lawerly skills to double talk his way out of tough positions. If people want to believe everyone else is "lying" but him, that's fine. see below link:

Obama Facing Attacks From All Sides Over Abortion Record - August 18, 2008 - The New York Sun

I'm not going off topic with policy debates here, and sorry if you never heard of "Welfare to Work" passed by Clinton but you can google it.

You asserted that Republicans are only bothered by morality issues in OTHER PARTIES and I asked you which ones?

I was only providing you some example of "morality issues" that cross party lines. Since I couldn't guess what you meant.

I guess one would be Edwards dragging his incurable cancer wife around the campaign trail, with 2 young children, a potential widower in the White House and having the Bimbo on the side. But ....I don't recall a single Republican saying a word about it. Perhaps it was because nobody felt it was fair to torpedo her family and irrelevant to the political issues anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Wow, funny to see the left talk about divorce when most of them think that a marriage is between a man and a man and a woman and a woman!!!!

And you can of course support your statement "most of them think that a marriage is between a man and a man and a woman and a woman" with FACTS?

Or will FACTS be as foreign to McSame backers as they've been in BushWorld?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And you can of course support your statement "most of them think that a marriage is between a man and a man and a woman and a woman" with FACTS?

Or will FACTS be as foreign to McSame backers as they've been in BushWorld?
That would be hyperbole. Sorta like your party claims about the racist Rev. Wright.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
That would be hyperbole. Sorta like your party claims about the racist Rev. Wright.

Hyperbole? Is THAT the hypocrite's word of choice? I'd call it a typically baseless, inane allegation, no doubt followed sometime in the future by factless fear-mongering: "Hide the children, here comes those wimmin lovin' wimmins"

My party? My party has shrimp coctail and drinks and has never said a word about any Reverend.

Last edited by burdell; 09-05-2008 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
this is an excellent thread. perhaps we can put it with the 7500 others that already exist on the topic. yup, he cheated on his first wife, who gives a crap. has nothing to do with political issues. to be a politician, you can't be a moral person.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:00 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,759,139 times
Big deal. Since when is adultery, pre marital sex and women working while raising children such a big deal to democrats? I don't know the why's of the McCain first marriage breakup, and I really don't care. Cindy McCain is awesome and has served this country far more than Michele Obama has.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:03 AM

365 posts, read 692,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
He wasn't even separated from his first wife when he started dating Cindy.

When it is within their own party morality issues don't seem to bother Republicans. Why is that?

FactCheck.org: Did John McCain cheat on his first wife? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_john_mccain_cheat_on_his_first.html - broken link)
I obviously don't bother Dem's either...Bill Clinton!? And he did it while in the White House....

Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

What morality issues do the Republicans assert on Democrats? Can you please name them? Perhaps you're referring to your demographic's need to have the government pay their way through life?

To start with: abortion

They argue with their delusional attitude of moral superiority and offer no medical/scientific argument at all.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
To start with: abortion

They argue with their delusional attitude of moral superiority and offer no medical/scientific argument at all.
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't thinking about one guy's marriage problem equaling decades of dead babies. But I did offer abortion as an example myself before she never answered the question. So we do agree. Both sides see abortion as a major issue.

I don't know of a medical and scientific issue it's all a matter of CHOICE to believe as you wish....unless you're talking about babies born alive that really aren't scientifically alive but a figment of imagination?...but thanks. There's another thread on that.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times
Lightbulb What we don't know or hide from the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Big deal. Since when is adultery, pre marital sex and women working while raising children such a big deal to democrats? I don't know the why's of the McCain first marriage breakup, and I really don't care. Cindy McCain is awesome and has served this country far more than Michele Obama has.
And this is the "awesome" person who served this country?

snopes.com: Cindy McCain

Quote:
In 1989, following two back surgeries, Cindy McCain became addicted to the painkillers Vicodin and Percocet. To keep up with her daily need of 10 to 15 pills, she used other perople’s names for prescriptions and stole drugs from the American Voluntary Medical Team, a mobile surgical unit she’d begun in 1988 to provide emergency medical services around the world. A 1993 DEA audit of the amount of painkillers her charity had obtained quickly uncovered her thefts. She avoided prosecution for those crimes through an agreement with the Justice Department in which she submitted to drug testing, paid a find, performed community service in a soup kitchen, and joined Narcotics Anonymous. She also closed her medical charity.

She was taking prescription drugs from the children’s charity that she was involved with instead of allowing the children to have them.

Cindy McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prescription drug addiction

In 1989, Cindy McCain became addicted to Percocet and Vicodin, opioid painkillers,[37] which she initially took to alleviate pain following two spinal surgeries for ruptured discs,[38][39] and to ease emotional stress during the Keating Five affair.[37] The addiction progressed to where she was taking upwards of twenty pills a day,[14] and she resorted to having an AVMT physician write illegal prescriptions.[40] In 1992, her parents staged an intervention to force her to get help;[21] she told her husband about her problem, attended a drug treatment facility, began outpatient sessions, and ended her three years of addiction.[37] Surgery in 1993 resolved her back pain.[37][39]

In January 1993, an AVMT employee, who had discovered her illegal drug use, was terminated on budgetary grounds.[41] Subsequently, he tipped off the Drug Enforcement Administration,[41] and a federal investigation ensued resulting in McCain paying the costs of the government's investigation, and enrolling in a diversion program.[40][9][41] In a move that critics described as a preemptive strike,[9][37] Cindy McCain publicly revealed her past addiction: "Although my conduct did not result in compromising any missions of AVMT, my actions were wrong, and I regret them."[9]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections