Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:25 AM

645 posts, read 912,689 times

Advertisements

He wasn't even separated from his first wife when he started dating Cindy.

When it is within their own party morality issues don't seem to bother Republicans. Why is that?

FactCheck.org: Did John McCain cheat on his first wife? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_john_mccain_cheat_on_his_first.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:05 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,987,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
He wasn't even separated from his first wife when he started dating Cindy.

When it is within their own party morality issues don't seem to bother Republicans. Why is that?

FactCheck.org: Did John McCain cheat on his first wife? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_john_mccain_cheat_on_his_first.html - broken link)
To address your inaccurate assertion even though it's not logical....Because we're grown ups and understand that it's not a giant shock that a person gets tortured for five years, spends a year in the hospital, comes home to a marriage six years later, TRIES TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ANOTHER SIX YEARS....and fails.

Were you there? How come his own first wife supports him and calls him a good guy? Does McCains' current marriage holding up for decades raising 7 children prove your assertion? Life is not a Nintendo game where everything is fixed overnight. Even marriages.

Do you know a single person who was in a war? Do you know that old guys from World War 2 still suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome?

What morality issues do the Republicans assert on Democrats? Can you please name them? Perhaps you're referring to your demographic's need to have the government pay their way through life?

We already know your demographic has a problem with everyday judgment on morality decisions. Like advocating for abortion the ENTIRE NINE MONTHS for no reason with no government rules. And even having the nerve to say the government should pay for these abortions and your candidate voting against any support to babies born alive. Is it the Republican demographic going on Maury for 5 paternity tests and still not knowing the father?

Why do you think YOUR Democrat President Bill Clinton introduced WELFARE TO WORK? Was that for Republicans' demographic? Let's compare generations of welfare families depending on our tax dollars to one failed marriage of a tortured POW. Welfare to Work fixed your demographic's weak morality and ethics real quick. I haven't seen your candidate challenge the big meanies on welfare. I HAVE seen him lecture your demographic about common sense. Helping kids with homework, stop serving cold fried chicken for breakfast (if that) turning off the tv and learning how to parent. Apparently you guys have some issues there he learned in his career as community organizer.

QUOTE:

Obama encouraged residents to come up with their own priorities with the gentle admonition: "It's
your community."

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar...826/3obama.htm

Last edited by runswithscissors; 09-05-2008 at 07:13 AM..

Old 09-05-2008, 07:21 AM

645 posts, read 912,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
To address your inaccurate assertion even though it's not logical....Because we're grown ups and understand that it's not a giant shock that a person gets tortured for five years, spends a year in the hospital, comes home to a marriage six years later, TRIES TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ANOTHER SIX YEARS....and fails.
Oh, I get it. Sometimes infidelity is allowed. Is that in the Bible somewhere? I'd like to look it up. So he gets a pass. When is a pass not given?

Quote:
How come his own first wife supports him and calls him a good guy?
Loyalty.

Quote:
Do you know a single person who was in a war? Do you know that old guys from World War 2 still suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome?
I know many people who have fought in wars, but again not a FREE PASS to cheat on your wife. WWII vets are REALLY, REALLY old now. All of the ones I knew are now dead. And none of them were CHEATERS.

Quote:
We already know your demographic has a problem with everyday judgment on morality decisions.
What demographic am I? Rich or Poor? White or Black? Man or Woman? Young or Old? You know nothing about me. But from your location I can pretty much figure out your demographic...

Quote:
Like advocating for abortion the ENTIRE NINE MONTHS for no reason with no government rules.
Get your facts straight before espousing trash. FactCheck.org: Obama and 'Infanticide'

Quote:
Why do you think YOUR Democrat President introduced WELFARE TO WORK? Was that for Republicans' demographic?
What?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 AM

104 posts, read 638,426 times
Very well put Barbie1964!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 AM

835 posts, read 1,325,807 times
Quote:

Were you there? How come his own first wife supports him and calls him a good guy? Does McCains' current marriage holding up for decades raising 7 children prove your assertion? Life is not a Nintendo game where everything is fixed overnight. Even marriages.

What morality issues do the Republicans assert on Democrats? Can you please name them? Perhaps you're referring to your demographic's need to have the government pay their way through life?

We already know your demographic has a problem with everyday judgment on morality decisions. Like advocating for abortion the ENTIRE NINE MONTHS for no reason with no government rules. And even having the nerve to say the government should pay for these abortions and your candidate voting against any support to babies born alive. Is it the Republican demographic going on Maury for 5 paternity tests and still not knowing the father?

Why do you think YOUR Democrat President Bill Clinton introduced WELFARE TO WORK? Was that for Republicans' demographic? Let's compare generations of welfare families depending on our tax dollars to one failed marriage of a tortured POW. Welfare to Work fixed your demographic's weak morality and ethics real quick. I haven't seen your candidate challenge the big meanies on welfare. I HAVE seen him lecture your demographic about common sense. Helping kids with homework, stop serving cold fried chicken for breakfast (if that) turning off the tv and learning how to parent. Apparently you guys have some issues there he learned in his career as community organizer.

QUOTE:

Obama encouraged residents to come up with their own priorities with the gentle admonition: "It's your community."

Barack Obama's Formative Years in Chicago - US News and World Report
Very well said! I'm throwing roses at your feet and giving a standing ovation! Rep. point coming your way! Barbie 1964 go back to your box where you belong.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:22 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Oh, I get it. Sometimes infidelity is allowed. Is that in the Bible somewhere? I'd like to look it up. So he gets a pass. When is a pass not given?
When it's the Clintons and the adulterer Gingrich goes off on a witch hunt

Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,999,275 times
Cindy will need to keep an eye on Palin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 09-05-2008, 09:35 AM

835 posts, read 1,325,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When it's the Clintons and the adulterer Gingrich goes off on a witch hunt
Yes you are right Clinton was an adulterer and Rapist...Juanita Broddrick!
Oh yes and he was impeached for perjury...seems to be a trend for the dems just ask Kwame.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:43 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Yes you are right Clinton was an adulterer and Rapist...Juanita Broddrick!
Oh yes and he was impeached for perjury...seems to be a trend for the dems just ask Kwame.

He was impeached because of a witch hunting hypocrite, the Republican adulterer you so conveniently ignore.

He undoubtedly would have been better off using the favored Republican defense for acts of treason: "Well, I don't remember" At least he faced the charges rather than slinking off with his tail between his legs as did the only POTUS to resign the office.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:45 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,693,388 times
Wow, funny to see the left talk about divorce when most of them think that a marriage is between a man and a man and a woman and a woman!!!!

Desperation has set in, todays poll's show Obama big lead at 1, yes 1 point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections