Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
To start with: abortion

They argue with their delusional attitude of moral superiority and offer no medical/scientific argument at all.

Add to that, ban on stem cell research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He was impeached because of a witch hunting hypocrite, the Republican adulterer you so conveniently ignore.
He undoubtedly would have been better off using the favored Republican defense for acts of treason: "Well, I don't remember" At least he faced the charges rather than slinking off with his tail between his legs as did the only POTUS to resign the office.
NO he was impeached because he lied which is a crime. I realize the left doesn't understand the meaning of RESPONSIBLITY and will chose the victim spiel time after time...don't blame me it wasn't my fault. Even my six year old will take responsibility like a man...the dems could learn quite a bit from him.

re·spon·si·bil·i·ty
1: the quality or state of being responsible: as a: moral, legal, or mental accountability b: reliability, trustworthiness 2: something for which one is responsible : burden <has neglected his responsibilities>

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
And this is the "awesome" person who served this country?
snopes.com: Cindy McCain
She was taking prescription drugs from the children’s charity that she was involved with instead of allowing the children to have them.
Cindy McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes she became addicted to prescription drugs after painful surgeries like an est. 20% of our population. Addiction is higher among women for various reasons as well as seniors as the drugs metabolize differently in their systems. (You can Google Rod Colvin)
I know of two people that became addicted after medical injuries and the longer you are on the drug the more likely addition is to happen, and these are good people that are highly regarded in their community. It happens admitting it should be honored and staying free should be respected. Bringing it up shows your desperation and it is completely disgusting.
Your blatant lie is also disturbing as she was not involved with the charity she owned the charity and not a single child went without their needed medication. She was stealing from herself and using the charity to get the drugs and then buying more. No it was not right...what was right was that she admitted it and got help and has remained prescription drug free.
FYI-14 of the 25 most used drugs on the street are prescription and Cocaine use beats prescription use by only 5 billion per year on the illegal market.

Now this story is about how dems steal from children's charities:
"Air America -- you remember the ones, they are that "network" that only longed to bring "honesty" to the liberal-news starved American people (a reference to those who do not receive network television, PBS, or CNN...). Air America somehow ended up with half a million dollars that had been earmarked for underprivaleged children. But obviously the youths in the Bronx don't need that money; they have much better ways to use their time -- gang banging, drug dealing, "fun" things like that. Meanwhile Air America is now trying to extract itself from a true public relations nightmare."
"The leader of the Bronx-based Gloria Wise Club, Charles Rosen, reportedly loaned $480,000 in the startup Air America radio network, at the request of Air America chairman (at the time) Evan Cohen. The Gloria Wise Club was to benefit from the interest that Air America would pay on its loan. At the time the alleged transfers of funds took place, Cohen was also board member of the Gloria Wise Club.
Evan Cohen was sacked at Air America, and the was company sold to new investors. No one knows where the money went"

http://www.discerningtexan.com/2005/07/did-air-america-steal-half-million.html (broken link)

Old 09-05-2008, 01:35 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post

Now this story is about how dems steal from children's charities:
"Air America -- you remember the ones, they are that "network" that only longed to bring "honesty" to the liberal-news starved American people (a reference to those who do not receive network television, PBS, or CNN...). Air America somehow ended up with half a million dollars that had been earmarked for underprivaleged children. But obviously the youths in the Bronx don't need that money; they have much better ways to use their time -- gang banging, drug dealing, "fun" things like that. Meanwhile Air America is now trying to extract itself from a true public relations nightmare."
"The leader of the Bronx-based Gloria Wise Club, Charles Rosen, reportedly loaned $480,000 in the startup Air America radio network, at the request of Air America chairman (at the time) Evan Cohen. The Gloria Wise Club was to benefit from the interest that Air America would pay on its loan. At the time the alleged transfers of funds took place, Cohen was also board member of the Gloria Wise Club.
Evan Cohen was sacked at Air America, and the was company sold to new investors. No one knows where the money went"

The Discerning Texan (http://www.discerningtexan.com/2005/07/did-air-america-steal-half-million.html - broken link)
As far as I know, no one from Air America is a spouse of anyone running for POTUS or VP. The thread topic is “McCain liar and cheat” and one of the posts picks up on Cindy who is the spouse ~ so far. Their kind of a pair you could say, in that John was a liar and cheat with his first wife while she was in the hospital. I don’t think Air America was involved with the topic or thread.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:48 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
As far as I know, no one from Air America is a spouse of anyone running for POTUS or VP. The thread topic is “McCain liar and cheat” and one of the posts picks up on Cindy who is the spouse ~ so far. Their kind of a pair you could say, in that John was a liar and cheat with his first wife while she was in the hospital. I don’t think Air America was involved with the topic or thread.
So you are a disher not a taker...good to know. I will no longer be stereotypical when I make the statement about the left being able to dish it but not take it.

How about Cindy McCain raised over 1 million on stage for all of 15 minutes for the relief of Gustav...what did Michelle do oh yes nada. Guess she was too busy kicking the poor black children of Chicago out of the E.R. yet again or maybe she was spreading some more hate America filth. My story is not a lie. We don't kick the uninsured out of hospitals here in Texas and trust me we have more uninsured here than they do in Chicago.

In her senior thesis at Princeton, Michele Obama, the wife of Barack Obama stated that America was a nation founded on ‘crime and hatred’. Moreover, she stated that whites in America were ‘ineradicably racist’. The 1985 thesis, titled ‘Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community’ was written under her maiden name, Michelle La Vaughn Robinson.
She mourns that she will face “further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant.”
“I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don’t belong. Regardless of the circumstances under which I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second.”
Not only does she see separate black and white societies in America, but she elevates black over white in her world.

Now I understand why she has been in hiding.
U. of C. shunning poor patients? :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Barack Obama (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1122691,CST-NWS-hosp23.article - broken link)

Last edited by artifice; 09-05-2008 at 02:04 PM..

Old 09-06-2008, 12:29 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,533,106 times
[quote=runswithscissors;5136141]To address your inaccurate assertion even though it's not logical....Because we're grown ups and understand that it's not a giant shock that a person gets tortured for five years, spends a year in the hospital, comes home to a marriage six years later, TRIES TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ANOTHER SIX YEARS....and fails.

Were you there? How come his own first wife supports him and calls him a good guy? Does McCains' current marriage holding up for decades raising 7 children prove your assertion? Life is not a Nintendo game where everything is fixed overnight. Even marriages.

Do you know a single person who was in a war? Do you know that old guys from World War 2 still suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome? (end of quote).

What are you suggesting? That McCain has PTSD? You would still choose him over Obama (LOL)?
I realize that he proably could not do all he has with PTSD, but stuff like the Palin pick makes me wonder if he has a little bit of it.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 09-06-2008 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: clairification

Old 09-06-2008, 05:40 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,982,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
He wasn't even separated from his first wife when he started dating Cindy.

When it is within their own party morality issues don't seem to bother Republicans. Why is that?

FactCheck.org: Did John McCain cheat on his first wife? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_john_mccain_cheat_on_his_first.html - broken link)
Yes. McCain was probably having an affair while married, but in their book that's ok because the marriage somehow 'sanctified' that union. We'll just forget about the broken first wife, shall we?

Not to mention that divorce seems no longer to be a problem for the religious hypocrites.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
So you are a disher not a taker...good to know. I will no longer be stereotypical when I make the statement about the left being able to dish it but not take it.

How about Cindy McCain raised over 1 million on stage for all of 15 minutes for the relief of Gustav...what did Michelle do oh yes nada. Guess she was too busy kicking the poor black children of Chicago out of the E.R. yet again or maybe she was spreading some more hate America filth. My story is not a lie. We don't kick the uninsured out of hospitals here in Texas and trust me we have more uninsured here than they do in Chicago.
You must know that there are hospitals all over the country who have closed because they had compassion on people who did not pay their bills.

All the hospitals with the best reputation in my area just stabilize non-paying patients and either send them home or to some less well known local hospital.
This is how they stay afloat.
Your argument should not be with Michelle, but with the American Health Care system.

Cindy probably has a guilty conscience from when she started that health charity for the purpose of supplying her drug habit and when it was found out she closed the charity down.

A person with seven houses, hmmmm, a million dollars, not her own? Hmmmm. Real nice of her.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 AM

[quote=beenhereandthere;5149912]
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

What are you suggesting? That McCain has PTSD? You would still choose him over Obama (LOL)?
I realize that he proably could not do all he has with PTSD, but stuff like the Palin pick makes me wonder if he has a little bit of it.
Little bit of it?

Most of his campaign is based on his POW experience.
That, and some stuff he has lifted from the Obama campaign which he thought would fly in Peoria.

I cannot remember one of the people who spoke at the rnc who did not spend a good amount of time talking about McCain'ts war experience.

It's getting old and tired.

He relates to his war experience so often that it defines his life. He lives in the past, obviously. I don't trust that he is sound enough mentally to be president.

We do not need another neocon puppet, like Bush. And, if he should die, I think she would also end up in that situation, following orders from a Cheney-like figure. Darth Vader - I always hear that evil music when I see Cheney.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:39 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,912,594 times
[quote=goldengrain;5150817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post

Little bit of it?

Most of his campaign is based on his POW experience.
That, and some stuff he has lifted from the Obama campaign which he thought would fly in Peoria.

I cannot remember one of the people who spoke at the rnc who did not spend a good amount of time talking about McCain'ts war experience.

It's getting old and tired.

He relates to his war experience so often that it defines his life. He lives in the past, obviously. I don't trust that he is sound enough mentally to be president.

We do not need another neocon puppet, like Bush. And, if he should die, I think she would also end up in that situation, following orders from a Cheney-like figure. Darth Vader - I always hear that evil music when I see Cheney.

goldengrain, if the edit function is still on please edit my name from your cut and paste post #28 where it says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors

That statement was not mine.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 AM

116 posts, read 265,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Oh, I get it. Sometimes infidelity is allowed.

Yes, you are correct. It is sometimes allowed and even encouraged. See BILL CLINTON! See JOHN EDWARDS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections