Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:30 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,317,906 times

Advertisements

I do not recall a VP candidate being so scrutinized in such short period of time. It seems like every day, there is some new scandal about Palin, her family or things she has done in the past. There was a blogger from DC that made some reference about Palin being a stripper in her 20's (I would assume, this is a LIE). Anyways, is she being scrutinized so harshly because she indeed has some skeletons in her closet or is it simply jealousy and hatred from the opposition? I am really interested in reading your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 11:33 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,771,443 times
because no one knows anything about her and its 60 days til go time.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:36 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,434,324 times
There afraid of her ... I'd like to see the MSM ask as many questions about Obama and Biden ... but noooooooooooooo ... they're in the tank with them.

What they don't understand is a lot of people are catching on to their little game and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ... Palin is going to be very very strong.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:38 PM

52,798 posts, read 34,700,369 times
two things-

one, the opposition is terrified of her. two, the internet and blogging has opened up the smearing game to pretty much everyone with a PC.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:40 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,838,175 times
She's an unknown. I think the same would be taking place if she were male, by the way. And possibly because the dirt is right there; Alaska is a huge state and a small town both at the same time.

And I think it's also because she is so adamantly fundamentalist.

It seems like the Repubs want her to go on her gun totin' mamma image and not have any "scrutiny" of her.

After all, every other candidate has been subjected to the same this time. Why should SP be exempt?

Old 09-07-2008, 11:43 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,952,191 times
People don't feel safe with her potentially being a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:53 PM

451 posts, read 1,229,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
People don't feel safe with her potentially being a heartbeat away from the presidency.

I think its some of both. She has a image that can bring out a certain demographic of people who would vote the other way if she wasnt' brought out. Its a brilliant move by the McCain Camp. Now the problem is what is she about? What makes her qualified besides her image. She is popular and has a good Image, sort of like how Obama came around. What is she brining to the table? How does she balance out the ticket. If she can answers those questions then she will be good to go. You have a lot of white women who are going to vote for her just because and nothing else.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 AM

355 posts, read 991,488 times
There is so much hate from the far left it just amazes me and pushes me further and further to the right. I just will never understand why women are so down on her for balancing a family and career.....that's what we have wanted for years. They would never treat a man the same way.

They applaude Biden for his role of single father way back when he started in the Senate and I applaud him as well. His circumstances were awful and I feel bad for what his family endured. But, at the same time, no one was criticizing his parenting skills.

If the abortion issue is what these women are so upset about......I ask is that the most important issue facing our country right now? In my opinion it isn't.

You think she is a hypocrite because she believes in abstinence and her daughter gets pregnant....these things happen. Is any mother going to promote her 16 or 17 year old to have sex? No...I really don't think so......and if you teach them about safe sex (which is what responsible parents will do instead of leaving it up to the schools) there is always that chance that they will end up pregnant.

This happens to the wealthiest, the poorest, and everyone in between. I don't know many families that aren't dealing with some kind of issues......that's what family is for....to help us through and support us in our time of need. And the Palin's are showing us that they are just that....a loving supportive family. Look in the mirror.....are you perfect... is your family perfect.....if you think so then you are out of touch with reality.

And don't even get me started on the sweet precious baby that people have actually said horrible things about. And started all the lies about who the mother is and that Sarah is neglecting him. That sweet boy will have a family devoted to him forever.

I am impressed with politicians who will reach across party lines. And the ones who will admit when they think their party is wrong. These are the people I want running my country....not the ones who change their posturing to please the current audience they want to seduce.

If you want to know more about the issues on either side then that is fine and fair. But is it really neccessary for all these hateful comments posted on this forum and is it fair that the media is so obviously biased. I can tell you that a lot of us middle class Americans are fed up and have tuned it out.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:52 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,160,330 times
She was a complete surprise to the left, and they're terrified of her. Her selection threw them into panic mode - and rightfully so. They're grasping and clawing at any shred of anything they can to try to bring her down, because they know that McCain choosing her could turn the Republican ticket into a runaway freight train.

If Obama wins in November, look for a Palin presidential campaign in 2012. If McCain wins and goes two terms or the Dems take it in 2012, it'll be a 2016 Palin ticket. If McCain wins and for whatever reason (illness etc) chooses not to run again, it'll be 2012.

In other words, barring some unforeseen circumstance, the next Republican presidential candidate will probably be Sarah Palin. She'll probably win, too.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:56 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,838,175 times
Hopefully by 2012 she'll have had the necessary time to at least skim through the U.S. Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections