Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,595,638 times

Advertisements

Hey Sandy...how's everything?
I hope you're not stinging from our last encounter.

Can you explain to me how Obama has more experience than Palin?

I think you had more than enough time to research this question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I'll be the first to admit, I'M PANICKING! Yes, it panics me to think that those two could ACTUALLY win! Not only is she shockingly unqualified, it's clear to me that McCain chose her only to win, NOT what's in the best interest of our nation. So, yes, it worries me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 10:53 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,453,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
Again, the dems will lose because the people in their camp are stoner drugged out Holloywood elites and organic food eating tree huggers.
I doubt that, nevertheless their votes count!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:53 AM

17,014 posts, read 12,612,245 times
A few conservatives bolt and it suddenly means mass defections... Lets follow this logic. Lieberman is(was) a Democrat and is not only voting for but stumping for McGeezer. Therefore all Dems are abandoning Obama...

Or we could look for more neutral sources than Huffington.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 AM

564 posts, read 816,059 times
Who cares if Palin's foreign experience isn't up to par?

Bush had tons of advisors with gobs of experience in foreign affairs and he screwed up Iraq.

Just because you've wined and dined with leaders of other countries doesn't make you anymore qualified on foreign affairs.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,282,274 times
Quote:
Again, the dems will lose because the people in their camp are stoner drugged out Holloywood elites and organic food eating tree huggers. The middle of America.. the part of America with common sense and morals and family values think you are all a bunch of loons and that is why you will lose another election.
please tell me you're kidding.

I'm IN THE MIDDLE OF AMERICA. Omaha, NE. I have NEVER done illegal drugs of any kind, I don't like people acting above one another, and I eat what I can and use paper products freely. lol

I'm voting for Obama because I HAVE COMMON SENSE. You want a candidate who flat out, undoubtedly LIES and tries to pass it off? go ahead. You wanna guy who votes WITH BUSH 90% of the time, go ahead. You wanna guy who has picked a candidate, not for her merits, but for her lady parts? go ahead, but I won't be doing so, and I won't be grouped in with a bunch of people I couldn't have less to do with.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:59 AM

Here's the fact..

Palin fought her own party's corruption and won. That takes kahunas and intelligence. Palin fought big oil in Alaska and won. Those are real problems and she had real results.. positive results. 80% approval rate. Try getting 80% of Americans to agree on anything.. almost impossible. The woman was tested and won.

What on earth has Obama done? Someone.. please.. what? He gives a good speech. He went to Harvard. He was a community organizer. Even in politics he's got nothing. He voted present so he wouldn't offend anyone, either that or he didn't understand what they were voting on. And half the time he was in the senate he was campaigning. The guy has nothing. Did you watch his interview on O'Reilly? Oreilly tore him to pieces. If the guy can't answer questions by a tv anchor without studdoring.. duh.. duh... uh...uh.. then how the heck is he going to handle Putin or Ahminajad? He's great with a promptor but without it you see the true Obama... Hollow and not even kind of close to being ready to be President.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,865,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Hey Sandy...how's everything?
I hope you're not stinging from our last encounter.

Can you explain to me how Obama has more experience than Palin?

I think you had more than enough time to research this question.
Use the search function. It's not even the point. The point (in my opinion) is judgment. I don't trust the judgment of McCain. By choosing someone just to reign in the religious right is a fine tactic if you want to win, but not a great tactic if you really care about our country. Plain and simple. He wants to change Washington all of a sudden. Ok, so he's running against himself and Bush, remember him? The president with whom he voted 95% of the time. He's so disingenuous it makes me ill listening to him.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
please tell me you're kidding.

I'm IN THE MIDDLE OF AMERICA. Omaha, NE. I have NEVER done illegal drugs of any kind, I don't like people acting above one another, and I eat what I can and use paper products freely. lol

I'm voting for Obama because I HAVE COMMON SENSE. You want a candidate who flat out, undoubtedly LIES and tries to pass it off? go ahead. You wanna guy who votes WITH BUSH 90% of the time, go ahead. You wanna guy who has picked a candidate, not for her merits, but for her lady parts? go ahead, but I won't be doing so, and I won't be grouped in with a bunch of people I couldn't have less to do with.

You've never done illegal drugs? Give it time. If Obama gets elected him and Pelosi will legalize pot and then you'll get your chance.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,865,534 times
Quote:
Here's the fact..

Palin fought her own party's corruption and won. That takes kahunas and intelligence. Palin fought big oil in Alaska and won. Those are real problems and she had real results.. positive results. 80% approval rate. Try getting 80% of Americans to agree on anything.. almost impossible. The woman was tested and won.
It sounds like her speech over and over again. Wow, it is working. You're brainwashed!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Use the search function. It's not even the point. The point (in my opinion) is judgment. I don't trust the judgment of McCain. By choosing someone just to reign in the religious right is a fine tactic if you want to win, but not a great tactic if you really care about our country. Plain and simple. He wants to change Washington all of a sudden. Ok, so he's running against himself and Bush, remember him? The president with whom he voted 95% of the time. He's so disingenuous it makes me ill listening to him.
Besides Iraq, what legislation did Bush and McCain vote on together that makes you ill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections