Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 11:38 AM

564 posts, read 816,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm one of the middle america people and I completely disagree, but I disagree civily.
Luckily the exception and not the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 11:40 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
Luckily the exception and not the rule.
You, maybe.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
wow, now the conspiracy theories that Obama was supporting blacks that think whites invented AIDS? this is getting ridiculous, and yet again. This has NOTHING to do with the issues.
Nothing to do with the issues?? Serious?

Obama spent 20+ years in a black liberation church that preaches whites created AIDS. He allowed his children to sit in the pews and to be baptised in that same church. That is a HUGE error in judgement and says a lot about his character. Issues aside, if McCain sat in an all-white church that taught that black people created AIDS.. not only would he not be a presidential candidate, his state would have kicked him out of the senate. Obama is lucky he is black. That is the only reason he is still a candidate for president.

Can you really imagine if McCain went to a church like that for 20 years?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
You, maybe.
I'm the rule. Indiana is mainly conservative.. thank the lord.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:46 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,595,638 times
good point, and we can agree that something is better than NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
So does the mayor of Omaha, a city with a metro pop. of more than the entire state of Alaska. But he's not running. That would be foolish. Somehow Palin is MORE qualified than ANY other governor?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
good point, and we can agree that something is better than NOTHING!
What's wrong with Governor's? Governors are in charge of huge budgets.. in charge of thousands of employees.. have to solve real problems everyday. I think being a Governor is probably one of the best resume builders to being president. Governors have a lot of the same responsibilities as presidents.. just on a smaller level.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:53 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,595,638 times
I totally agree.

I want to see some of these people actually go run for mayor or a governor of ANY STATE.

OBAMA HAS NO EXPERIENCE.
When has he ever managed a million dollar budget?
I can't believe they think he's going to be able to manage a trillion dollar budget. OY VEY!

Quote:
What's wrong with Governor's? Governors are in charge of huge budgets.. in charge of thousands of employees.. have to solve real problems everyday. I think being a Governor is probably one of the best resume builders to being president. Governors have a lot of the same responsibilities as presidents.. just on a smaller level.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
I'll be the first to admit, I'M PANICKING! Yes, it panics me to think that those two could ACTUALLY win! Not only is she shockingly unqualified, it's clear to me that McCain chose her only to win, NOT what's in the best interest of our nation. So, yes, it worries me.
How did you feel about Edwards as VP?

Old 09-16-2008, 01:19 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,868,630 times
Quote:
Shockingly unqualified? Executive leadership. Governor. Leader of National Guard in Alaska. Fought big oil and won. Fough corruption in own party and won. In charge of huge budgets. In charge of thousands of employees.

Obama has given speeches, went to a fancy college, voted present 80% of the time so not to offend anyone, and was a community organizer.

The leader of the democratic ticket has half the experience as the VP of the republican ticket.
You should really cite your sources when you plagiarize your post right off of the McCain campaign playbook.

"Fought big oil"? She WAS/IS big oil:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post5288349

Alaska is essentially an "oil enclave", with 85.7% of its revenue coming from oil and gas taxes.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:22 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,853,327 times
Everyone knows that the hard right cannot stand McCain but are "unified" just to try to get back into the Whitehouse. Once in it will go back to the normal "McCains a nut" from the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections