Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 03:43 PM

177 posts, read 261,472 times

Advertisements

My fellow Americans,

I want to tell you something that has been on my mind for years. I want to tell you how stupid we are. I don't trust us, I don't believe we will do the right thing. WE ARE SHEEP.BAAA, BAAAA.

It appears likely that our country will go into a Depression, hopefully not, and if we do, we can blame ourselves. I hope we all cry out, "HOW DID THIS HAPPEN"? And when this happens, that each and everyone of us that are reading this, have hard times. It will be like the good old depression days, except for the rich, people are thrown together, on the basis of need and not greed. We will not buy into the commercials on television that we have to have it, so we must buy it now!!
We will start to appreciate what we have and not feel sad what we don't have. It will be my hope, we will learn to mind the store, not just your store but all of OUR store, know what your managers and employees (Senators/House of Reps) are doing in the store we own. You will begin to pay attention to the job they are doing. WE hired them to manage our store and allowed them to steal everything we own to the point we have become bankrupt. Why? Because we were too busy knowing what Brad Pitt/Britney Spears/Tom Cruise were up to. We were too busy watching our favorite sports or television program. The promises our managers told us they would make that would benefit us did not come true but they benefitted themselves. The store we own revenues should have been built up for our retirement but our managers ended up having a better retirement , one for life, a better health care plan, a better vacation plan and they make 4 times the amount of money than you and I. How did this happen? Because we allowed it. Shame on US!!! Now our store is broke. We will start all over. And I hope we fire all of our managers and start anew. Interview them before hiring and let them know what our needs are and expect of them to make our store prosper for the future generations. Obviously, all of our managers failed us.
I hope we will know the name of the Governor of our state, Our house of Representatives, Our Senators. Learn to know their names, spell their names and pro-nounce their names so when we contact them, we sound half way intelligent. Go to C-Span, they can be found on the internet and this will tell you what our managers are doing to build up the store we own. Follow them and the bills they make, like we follow our favorite football game, like our favorite celebrity.
Some of you say that Government is not a business but as of yesterday it sure is. If Walmart minded their stores the way our managers have, it would have been broke before they expanded out of Arkansas.

I don't trust us Americans. WE ARE STUPID> but we don't have to be, just do the right thing and pay attention. Be aware and alert and fire our managers if they don't do as they promised, Afterall, they are not in charge, we are!!!!QUIT BEING SO STUPID!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 03:49 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,713 times
The first one to go should be Nancy Pelosi.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:57 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,690,093 times
OP - "divide and rule" is the old saying, and it apparently works. I do not get the sense that the elected people are working for me - both sides are working for the lobbyists and themselves. Firing and replacing one side will result in the other coming along. The best we can hope this time that we choose the lesser of the 2 evils - it comes down to this in almost all elections anyway.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:57 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,115,694 times
Dixie Sherry, You wrote an intelligent, important message. I wish I could believe that it would get the thoughtful response it deserves.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:58 PM

36,661 posts, read 67,572,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Actually if we had any sense, we'd impeach Bush and Cheney and make her our President.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:00 PM

431 posts, read 1,203,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Together with anyone who is over the age of 60 in the Senate and The House.

By God, some of them hardly could walk or talk.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:04 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,710 times
You are 100% correct. I can't believe that people on this forum and in the public spew information that is completely unimportant and do not pay attention to the issues that effect us. We are also so uninformed that we believe what Fox News, MSNB, and others tell us based on sound bites. We rarely take the time to listen to the entire speech or the context. The lipstick comments covered many threads and hundreds, maybe even thousands, of posts, and they continue to surface. It has nothing to do with anything. God help us is right!

Old 09-20-2008, 04:05 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,358,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieSherry View Post
My fellow Americans,

I want to tell you something that has been on my mind for years. I want to tell you how stupid we are. I don't trust us, I don't believe we will do the right thing. WE ARE SHEEP.BAAA, BAAAA.

It appears likely that our country will go into a Depression, hopefully not, and if we do, we can blame ourselves. I hope we all cry out, "HOW DID THIS HAPPEN"? And when this happens, that each and everyone of us that are reading this, have hard times. It will be like the good old depression days, except for the rich, people are thrown together, on the basis of need and not greed. We will not buy into the commercials on television that we have to have it, so we must buy it now!!
We will start to appreciate what we have and not feel sad what we don't have. It will be my hope, we will learn to mind the store, not just your store but all of OUR store, know what your managers and employees (Senators/House of Reps) are doing in the store we own. You will begin to pay attention to the job they are doing. WE hired them to manage our store and allowed them to steal everything we own to the point we have become bankrupt. Why? Because we were too busy knowing what Brad Pitt/Britney Spears/Tom Cruise were up to. We were too busy watching our favorite sports or television program. The promises our managers told us they would make that would benefit us did not come true but they benefitted themselves. The store we own revenues should have been built up for our retirement but our managers ended up having a better retirement , one for life, a better health care plan, a better vacation plan and they make 4 times the amount of money than you and I. How did this happen? Because we allowed it. Shame on US!!! Now our store is broke. We will start all over. And I hope we fire all of our managers and start anew. Interview them before hiring and let them know what our needs are and expect of them to make our store prosper for the future generations. Obviously, all of our managers failed us.
I hope we will know the name of the Governor of our state, Our house of Representatives, Our Senators. Learn to know their names, spell their names and pro-nounce their names so when we contact them, we sound half way intelligent. Go to C-Span, they can be found on the internet and this will tell you what our managers are doing to build up the store we own. Follow them and the bills they make, like we follow our favorite football game, like our favorite celebrity.
Some of you say that Government is not a business but as of yesterday it sure is. If Walmart minded their stores the way our managers have, it would have been broke before they expanded out of Arkansas.

I don't trust us Americans. WE ARE STUPID> but we don't have to be, just do the right thing and pay attention. Be aware and alert and fire our managers if they don't do as they promised, Afterall, they are not in charge, we are!!!!QUIT BEING SO STUPID!!!
I mentioned a while back that we were headed for a depression, and i still think we may be. i don't think this bail out is the end of things.

but have you been listening to Bill Maher? Today, he said that Americans are stupid. and for most part i agree with him and you. movies and tv is what has caused us to fall to sleep. i think you may be right there.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Actually if we had any sense, we'd impeach Bush and Cheney and make her our President.
Few months ago I would agree to have her president, now I am not so sure about it. She should have done a better job as she said in the begging.

Like all the others, she got a taste of the money and power.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieSherry View Post
WE ARE STUPID....... QUIT BEING SO STUPID!!!
I wouldn't use such strong words.
People are ignorant, yes. But we have to thank media for it. We believe everything they feed us.

"Take this pill... is good for you, and take the 20 additional pills because they cure the side effects of the first one."

"Don't eat this, it causes cancer" two weeks latter they change their statement.

And you know what? most people do believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections