Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:35 AM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
It wasn't hacking per say, just Palin not being careful enough.
No... that's hacking. Most hackers use social methods rather than technological methods to gain access to private information. It could be someone calling you on the phone telling you that they're John from the IT department and need you to reset your password with them because there's been a security breach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 09:41 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
You're right, it's not hacking, but accessing someone's email without authorization is still a felony. I'm not going to defend what her use of that email was.. so far I've only seen family-and-friend type emails and nothing that would be considered "official" business.

The underlying message here though, is committing a felony to find out if someone else was doing something wrong is not justified.

The anti-government & pro-freedom groups, like the ACLU, regardless of liberal or conservative affiliation, would be going nuts if a normal citizen had a felony breach of an email account just to try to find some evidence of foul play, especially if "hacked" by someone with government/political intentions. Where is the ACLU in this case? Hypocrites.

I'm not saying it's all well and good, I know it's a felony. It's just Yahoo's not the most secure place in the world.

I'm not even going to touch the ACLU comment, though, as I find that rather distasteful and off topic.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:06 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
I'm not saying it's all well and good, I know it's a felony. It's just Yahoo's not the most secure place in the world.
My little apartment isn't the most secure place in the world either, but that doesn't mean people can break in and re-arrange my furniture any time they want.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:07 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
My little apartment isn't the most secure place in the world either, but that doesn't mean people can break in and re-arrange my furniture any time they want.

And I'm not saying that people can do this. I'm not saying that it's right what the /b/tard did. All I'm saying is that she probably should've used something other than Yahoo. Not that it was right, just that she could've done better to secure herself.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:18 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Based on the background, it was a kid's stunt that went too far. I doubt his father's party affiliation had anything to do with it. He simply went to yahoo and said he's forgotten the password. Palin's security question was "What high school did you attend?" That and her zip code was all that was needed. It's not exactly rocket science.
Wow... I'm glad none of the government business on her account had anything to do with our nuclear secrets, considering her extensive foreign policy responsibilities. What an idiot.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:23 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Not going to happen, most dem sons are welfare trash.
So your a dems son, i take it?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
And I'm not saying that people can do this. I'm not saying that it's right what the /b/tard did. All I'm saying is that she probably should've used something other than Yahoo. Not that it was right, just that she could've done better to secure herself.
Like what? Everything can be hacked. Should she use snail-mail? They'd be dragging crap out of her mail box. If she was on the phone, they'd be using scanners. If she does it in person, they'd have sound-ranging equipment and bugs and laser-sound propagators.

Where does it?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
he's a computer hacker. prosecute him.
I hate how painfully obvious it is that 90% of you have no idea what hacking entails.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Wow... I'm glad none of the government business on her account had anything to do with our nuclear secrets
What "nuclear secrets?"

That would require Q Clearance. No president gets that. They get a Secret ATOMAL and nothing else.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Read his blog. The kid is not too bright. Can't spell at all. Apocoliptic visions
That's from when he was 15, how about some intellectual honesty, or is that beyond your abilities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections