Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:01 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
yep. System never let's me rep my own posts either
You would probably try that, but I've never tried it. Sorry it distresses you so much that someone agrees with me. Earlier I was accused of being sanrene, and now teatime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 11:03 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
When it comes to making decisions that impact government, yes I believe the public does have a right to know. These people work for ME, YOU, and the rest of America. She has preached transparency in government and yet is conducting government business under the radar. You obviously have no problem with that, I'm certainly not going to change your mind.
Of course I have a problem with it. If every musing was made public, how would anything get DONE? Do you even THINK these things through?

OK, every musing and consideration is made known. So, everyone knows that the governor is considering a certain action. The lobbyists jump into action; protests start; people start spreading rumors and begin campaigns to try to sway all of the players to their POV. Good people are trashed and hurt. Relationships are torn apart. Nothing gets done.

All because the governor was CONSIDERING an action in its preliminary stages. How on Earth could a government function that way?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:04 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Does Obama share all of his ideas about political rivals and strategy with the public? Since this is apparently so important to you, then why aren't you demanding it of him????
I would only demand that all politicians, including Obama, not circumvent the law this way.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Not going to happen, most dem sons are welfare trash.
High and mighty classy posters....is this ok with you?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I would only demand that all politicians, including Obama, not circumvent the law this way.
Her personal email is hacked and she is circumventing the law. Yeah, right!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You would probably try that, but I've never tried it. Sorry it distresses you so much that someone agrees with me. Earlier I was accused of being sanrene, and now teatime.
Don't worry. I fully understand, as space aliens, republicans are peas in an (alien) pod.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Her personal email is hacked and she is circumventing the law. Yeah, right!
I don't care to convince you. She was using her yahoo account for government business so that it could never be subpoaened. The Bush White House does the same. I think that's wrong. You can use moral relativism all you want.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:08 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,904 times
Quote:
Of course I have a problem with it. If every musing was made public, how would anything get DONE? Do you even THINK these things through?

OK, every musing and consideration is made known. So, everyone knows that the governor is considering a certain action. The lobbyists jump into action; protests start; people start spreading rumors and begin campaigns to try to sway all of the players to their POV. Good people are trashed and hurt. Relationships are torn apart. Nothing gets done.

All because the governor was CONSIDERING an action in its preliminary stages. How on Earth could a government function that way?
You are completely missing the point, I really don't think you are that daft but maybe I'm wrong. The point is not that government officials instantly make all communications public, but that they are stored on GOVERNMENT servers to be recalled and inspected if needed. ALSO to protect any sensitive information that might be in the "consideration" stages. You don't mind being kept in the dark and if that's what works for you then God Bless.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:11 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I don't care to convince you. She was using her yahoo account for government business so that it could never be subpoaened. The Bush White House does the same. I think that's wrong. You can use moral relativism all you want.
I think you might overestimate the opponent

Old 09-18-2008, 11:12 PM

uote=mimimomx3;5330366]I don't care to convince you. She was using her yahoo account for government business so that it could never be subpoaened. The Bush White House does the same. I think that's wrong. You can use moral relativism all you want.[/quote]

I don't really think that was the reason she was using it, SINCE THERE WAS REALLY NOTHING IN THERE THAT AMOUNTED TO ANYTHING.

The Bush White House does the same? Uh...where is your proof of that? Never heard of that. This sort of attitude "it's okay if it was a Democrat kid" is ridiculous. You people think it's okay that the kid hacked her email. If it were a Republican's son hacking Obama's emajl you'd be calling for his head on a platter. HYPOCRITS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections