Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Exactly. Since it's a Democrat kid, they think it's okay. Typical Dems.
And YOU don't think there's anything unethical about a Governor using 'yahoo mail' for official business so that she can't have her emails subpoenaed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Given that Obama is not an idiot like Palin, if Obama's email was hacked, it would have to be via a trojan or by brute force both which are highly malicious attacks.

"guessing/resetting password" to gain access to an account is laughable by hacking standards.
Exactly. Child's play. My security is better than that, and I'm the one with 2 jobs and no health insurance

Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I have said that he's subject to whatever prosecution is appropriate.

I find it odd that no McCain supporter has criticized her for being your typical corrupt politician...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
And YOU don't think there's anything unethical about a Governor using 'yahoo mail' for official business so that she can't have her emails subpoenaed?
Quote:
The question you Palin defenders are avoiding (naturally) is, Was it right and all right for her to be conducting government business on an unofficial public website, away from "prying eyes"?

It's a yes or no question.
>crickets<

Old 09-18-2008, 10:26 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The question you Palin defenders are avoiding (naturally) is, Was it right and all right for her to be conducting government business on an unofficial public website, away from "prying eyes"?
First of all, I haven't "defended Palin." I'm neutral on the subject. I've been expressing my outrage against hackers AND the fact that y'all are actually DEFENDING a hacker. That is beyond ridiculous. If Obama was hacked, I'd be equally outraged.

But while y'all are calling her "corrupt" and such, it's been clear from the reports I've seen that there was nothing of substance in that email account. It was clearly for personal communication and not substantive "government business."

Old 09-18-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
touche!!!!
My money's on a sock-puppet...

Old 09-18-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
First of all, I haven't "defended Palin." I'm neutral on the subject. I've been expressing my outrage against hackers AND the fact that y'all are actually DEFENDING a hacker. That is beyond ridiculous. If Obama was hacked, I'd be equally outraged.

But while y'all are calling her "corrupt" and such, it's been clear from the reports I've seen that there was nothing of substance in that email account. It was clearly for personal communication and not substantive "government business."
So how do you feel about her drunk-drivin' husband being cc'd on her gov't business emails? No biggie?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:

It's a yes or no question.

Should be a poll, eh?
I don't think it's as big a deal as you are trying to make it. Greta last night said she has 3 cell phones, 1 for business, 1 for personal and 1 for sometbing else, but that sometimes the wrong one is used - i.e., personal phone for business or vice versa. She said it's definitely nothing she'd get FIRED over. Not a big deal but you guys are looking for ANYTHING to diss Palin about BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID BECAUSE OF HER OBAMA IS GOING TO LOSE. And you are probably right. But by keeping her in the headlines you are hurting your case, not helping it.

I'm gonna suggest to Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Glenn Beck and others that tbey make sure everyone hears about this young Democratic kid hacking Sarah Palin's personal email. Let's see what the public thinks about it and see if it helps Obama.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:30 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Quote:

Wrong.
There was a great deal of 'substance' in that email account. No, there wasn't anything in there of a 'smoking gun' nature, but it was still government business. Government business that could never be admissable in a court of law. That's called circumventing the law, and as an adult and an elected official, I say that is corrupt and underhanded.
Of course, if it had been Obama, I'm sure Major Minor and company on this board would claim that his 'communist, muslim messages' had been deleted....

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Quote:
>crickets<
What's with the crickets? I answered the question. Guess it wasn't the answer you wanted, huh?

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:

So, it's okay with you if government officials conduct their official business on Yahoo.

Wow....

no wonder.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections