Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:47 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,919,332 times

Advertisements

who cares, obama cant think on his feet. you will see the real obama, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,687,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Again, one more time for YOU.

McCain did NOT ask Obama to "debate" him 10 times. He asked Obama to join him for bogus "Town Hall Meetings." Meetings that are invitation-only for the audience, that have no moderators, and where McCain could dance around, answer whomever he wanted, and use for photo-ops. Understandably, Obama declined, since Obama is actually interested in discussing the issues in a moderated, professional manner.

No "10 debates." Got it? Understand the difference between a "debate" and a "town hall meeting," McCain-style?
Call it whatever you want, I do not care. He refused 10 town hall debates then. ok.

He refused to even discuss the differences, what does that tell you.

I think I am right in this.

Obama has been potty training to change the theme of the debate to economics when it was on foreign policy. He has trained to use his time to talk about this crisis and when McCain took the leadership role and head to Washington, Obama got mad and cried because his sneaky plan did not work out.

See Obama doesn't want to change the debate because his training would be all for nothing.

Hey Obama, guess you need to practice on something else now that McCain abused you !!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:49 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,687,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
who cares, obama cant think on his feet. you will see the real obama, lol
He will lose the debate with the other Obama. Afterall he is a two faced weasel anyway.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 PM

835 posts, read 1,323,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
When did a Bush appointee become a liberal? Jesus H Christ on a cracker. Are you ****ing serious? My god, you people are just lying straight out now.
It'll take just a minute but I'm getting your crow ready for you....no need to bow down at my feet I already know how wonderful I am.

McCain wants town halls with Obama - Truveo Video Search

Quote:
Less than a day after Obama clinched the Democratic nomination, McCain delivered a letter to his campaign, formally proposing what he had raised last month. In the letter, he proposed that the two men fly to the first town hall meeting in the same plane as symbol that they are "embracing the politics of civility."
"What a welcome change it would be were presidential candidates in our time to treat each other and the people they seek to lead with respect and courtesy as they discussed the great issues of the day, without the empty soundbites and media-filtered exchanges that dominate our elections," he wrote. He said he envisions a series of town halls based on an agreement that Barry Goldwater and John F. Kennedy had to hold similar forums before Kennedy was assassinated.
"No process questions from reporters, no spin room," McCain said.

"We're the world leader. And leaders don't hide form history. They make history. If we're going to lead, we have to begin by reforming the tenor of political discussion in our campaigns."

Old 09-26-2008, 10:40 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Nobody is taking into consideration that McCain didn't need to campaign for the Republican nomination for months, while Obama had to fight long and hard against Hillary Clinton until the very end. McCain was the sole candidate on the Republican side for a long time since he really had no competition. Asking Obama to join him immediately after his nomination was another McCain publicity stunt.

I can't come up with a quick analogy, but let's say you have a friend who doesn't need to work or works only part-time. You have 2 jobs and only 1 day off a week. She calls you up and asks you to a party on Friday night. You just worked from 8 to 6 and haven't even made dinner. You also work on Saturday. Maybe you'd tell your friend it would be better to wait??

Also, even after Obama got enough delegates to be nominated, I wasn't 100% convinced that Hillary Clinton and/or her supporters weren't going to challenge his nomination, were you? In fact, they did! For Obama to accept a debate with McCain would have been wrong, since officially the presidential candidate is nominated at the convention. The Dems hadn't even decided on MI and FL! The people here who keep bringing this up are hypocrites, because I've gone back to their old posts and noticed they hinted that Hillary might "pull something" at the last minute. So obviously you weren't completely convinced that Obama was going to be running against McCain either.

Regarding McCain, the only thing Obama is guilty of is not being dirty enough and understanding that the Republicans will do just about anything to get back control of the party, even if it hurts the American people. McCain said on Tuesday he hadn't even read the proposed bill which was less than 3 pages! I saw him say it on television! So how can someone on Wednesday, just after the polls show he is slipping, suddenly decide that he has to go to Washington to save the economy, when he doesn't even understand it?

Last edited by justNancy; 09-26-2008 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: fix spelling

Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM

835 posts, read 1,323,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Nobody is taking into consideration that McCain didn't need to campaign for the Republican nomination for months, while Obama had to fight long and hard against Hillary Clinton until the very end. McCain was the sole candidate on the Republican side for a long time since he really had no competition. Asking Obama to join him immediately after his nomination was another McCain publicity stunt.

I can't come up with a quick analogy, but let's say you have a friend who doesn't need to work or works only part-time. You have 2 jobs and only 1 day off a week. She calls you up and asks you to a party on Friday night. You just worked from 8 to 6 and haven't even made dinner. You also work on Saturday. Maybe you'd tell your friend it would be better to wait??

Also, even after Obama got enough delegates to be nominated, I wasn't 100% convinced that Hillary Clinton and/or her supporters weren't going to challenge his nomination, were you? In fact, they did! For Obama to accept a debate with McCain would have been wrong, since officially the presidential candidate is nominated at the convention. The Dems hadn't even decided on MI and FL! The people here who keep bringing this up are hypocrites, because I've gone back to their old posts and noticed they hinted that Hillary might "pull something" at the last minute. So obviously you weren't completely convinced that Obama was going to be running against McCain either.

Regarding McCain, the only thing Obama is guilty of is not being dirty enough and understanding that the Republicans will do just about anything to get back control of the party, even if it hurts the American people. McCain said on Tuesday he hadn't even read the proposed bill which was less than 3 pages! I saw him say it on television! So how can someone on Wednesday, just after the polls show he is slipping, suddenly decide that he has to go to Washington to save the economy, when he doesn't even understand it?

justNancy your post is based on feelings and we are entitled to our own opinion...but I chose a candidate based on facts not views of others. Your analogy is what you would call weak at best...most 20 something’s would say he11 ya let's go...some have kids...some are married...some are working on a PhD...Don’t generalize.
McCain was not the nominee yet either as I recall there were several post on here calling into question his being born in Panama...
The Clinton's think very highly of McCain and the left used to praise McCain as he is a Maverick and voted with the left many times. Now that your candidate can't hang with him or break away from him the left decides to flip-flop on McCain and bash him...so typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections