Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 PM

7 posts, read 8,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Don't paint women in corners like that ok? I feel sorry for her. She's being used as a political tool and she doesn't have the brain power to realize it. I don't consider myelf a feminist, just a woman who wants a fair shake. Sarah Palin represents tokenism at it's finest and that really suc$s
I feel like the feminist women are painting all women that don't think like them aren't for women's rights, which is totally wrong. Palan is a sharp, competant woman who was ripped apart by the "mainstream" media becuase she didn't agree with their agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Tulip View Post
I feel like the feminist women are painting all women that don't think like them aren't for women's rights, which is totally wrong. Palan is a sharp, competant woman who was ripped apart by the "mainstream" media becuase she didn't agree with their agenda.
I'll try again:

OK, "liberal women/feminists " are not a club...they don't have a list of rules one must follow. That said, feminists believe in equality. They believe people shouldn't be judged on their sex, just their qualifications which SaraTodd doesn't have.

And what are the "traditional values" you mention and why do you think SaraTodd is the only person with any??????

And HOW has the media "ripped" SaraTodd apart? She did that herself.

And , if you support her please try to spell her name correctly.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:42 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
Quote:
She may be sharp to you, but to me she's sharp only in the way of a pool-hall hustler, or sharp as in a cheap-shot wise-ass.

The MSM ripped her because they know Rove and McCain picked her as a gimmick. That's all she is, a gimmick. She's so totally ill-suited to be V-P that it's a joke, the MSM is right to pillory this buffoon of a candidate. The world is laughing at us - again.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:11 PM

7 posts, read 8,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
She may be sharp to you, but to me she's sharp only in the way of a pool-hall hustler, or sharp as in a cheap-shot wise-ass.

The MSM ripped her because they know Rove and McCain picked her as a gimmick. That's all she is, a gimmick. She's so totally ill-suited to be V-P that it's a joke, the MSM is right to pillory this buffoon of a candidate. The world is laughing at us - again.
I'm I don't recall hearing that Rove helped McCain pick Palin (sorry, I spelled "Palan" in my zeal) . The world isnt't laughing, they are scared because the democrats have been in Freddie and Fannie's pocket even though McCain and other Republican's tried to get better regulations. Who got the hightest contributions?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:20 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times
Quote:
I'm I don't recall hearing that Rove helped McCain pick Palin (sorry, I spelled "Palan" in my zeal) . The world isnt't laughing, they are scared because the democrats have been in Freddie and Fannie's pocket even though McCain and other Republican's tried to get better regulations. Who got the hightest contributions?
Whose campaign manager was getting monthly checks from Freddie Mac through last month?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 PM

532 posts, read 909,405 times
Quote:
Did you see her interview with Katie Couric??? whoa, she's stupid on par with Dan Quayle. We all made plenty of fun of his intelligence back then. Her intelligence, or lack there of, is fair game. It is called equality.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:57 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Does Palin have relatives in jail? I have not heard that but I am seeing guys with t shirts on that say
Free the Palin Pair. I guess she must have a couple of relatives in jail. Does anyone know what that's about?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:45 PM

862 posts, read 1,052,683 times
Quote:

Huh? Does a behind-the scenes operatot like Rove usually send out
announcements?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:03 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Does Palin have relatives in jail? I have not heard that but I am seeing guys with t shirts on that say
Free the Palin Pair. I guess she must have a couple of relatives in jail. Does anyone know what that's about?
The 'white trash redneck' that knocker her underage daughter up??? Is he in jail?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:54 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,125,068 times
Default President Obama 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You Betcha!!!

Did you see any of that awful interview with Katie Couric?
Oh yeah, it was laughable...How embarrassing she is to me, it's kinda sad then I slap myself and realize it's the repub's messing up and that's great for us. Just imagine how the the GOP and McShame must feel??? YIKES..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections