Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,931,436 times

Advertisements

WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.
According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.
"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/obama_tried_to_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.ht m
At a New Hampshire roundtable in December, Obama betrayed little emotion as one participant sobbed while describing her situation: She lost her job on her 65th birthday, struggles to afford her $2,900 monthly prescription drug costs, and lives in 30-year-old trailer where the thermostat is set at 64 degrees.
At the same event, he later mentioned how the success of his book had allowed him to buy a big house. He was making a point about inequities in the tax system, but the story felt misplaced in the midst of such dire tales.
======================================
[...] his remarks at a private San Francisco fundraiser amplified the flip side of his personal manner, a sort of freestyle rhetorical approach sometimes better suited for a dorm room bull session.
Obama fielded almost identical questions from the donors in San Francisco as he does from voters across the country. Yet his answers in the more intimate - and in his view, off the record - gathering were a bit more revealing.
Asked what he would seek in a running mate, Obama said despite the conventional wisdom, he wouldn't need somebody with military expertise because "foreign policy is the area where I am probably most confident that I know more and understand the world better than Sen. Clinton or Sen. McCain."
================================
Just before the Iowa caucus, Obama began telling voters about a phone conversation with his wife, who said this year was the right time to run for president because they are "still almost normal." She meant that before her husband became a U.S. senator and received a $1.9 million book advance, they juggled school loans, grocery shopping and mortgage payments like other middle-class families. "Michelle's point was, in eight years from now, 10 years from now, we may still be nice people, but we may be in this orbit where we just don't remember, we don't hear people's voices anymore," Obama explained at the time.
Earth to Obama - Earth to Obama -- the Eagle has landed. You're there, somewhere, out in orbit and out of touch.
Two women in the Sioux City audience were not impressed. "That was a mistake," said Lindsay Pelchat, 30. "That was a big mistake."
"Don't ever forget where you come from," her friend, Paula Yasat, 53, piped in.
"Does that mean in the next election he's already going to start losing sight of the middle class?" Pelchat asked.
The women approached Obama afterward to tell him they remained undecided.
"What do I need to do?" Obama asked, almost disbelieving. "You're really making us work."
=========================
At a February town hall meeting in Racine, Wis., Obama showed little patience for a rowdy crowd. When one young man asked for his views on Native American rights and "people getting screwed" by NAFTA, Obama took a sharp tone. "I'm sorry, young man, you have a series of different questions and why don't you ask your questions in a more polite fashion," Obama said.
An aide later said that Obama, who was on his last stop before a trip home to Chicago, appeared irritated because was anxious to see his family.
Frustration over people not behaving as he wants them to behave... not a good sign. Any parent knows exactly what I mean, and so did Obama's handlers, which is why they spun this to be "about family."
==========================
Reacting in mid-February to Clinton's charges that he was all talk, Obama offered a confident self-assessment, one that might sound arrogant to some. "It's true I give a good speech. What can I do? Nothing wrong with that.".
===================
Obama infuriated supporters of former Sen. John Edwards by continuing to use him as a punch line on the stump even after he left the race. And New York magazine reported last month that Obama blew the endorsement, in part, because he came across as "glib and aloof" during a phone conversation on the day that Edwards dropped out.
==========
http://wizbangblue.com/2008/04/15/more-examples-of-obamas-arrogance.php
Only two searches.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:11 PM

The freshman senator told reporters in July that he would overcome Senator Clinton's lead in the polls because "to know me is to love me."
A few months later, he said, "Every place is Barack Obama country once Barack Obama's been there."
True, there's a certain amount of tongue-in-cheekiness to such remarks — almost as if Mr. Obama doesn't want to take his adoring crowds and political ascent too seriously. He was surely kidding when he told supporters in January that by the time he was done speaking "a light will shine down from somewhere."
"It will light upon you," he said. "You will experience an epiphany. And you will say to yourself, I have to vote for Barack. I have to do it." But both Mr. Obama and his wife, Michelle, ooze a sense of entitlement.
``
Mr. Obama's cool self-confidence got him into trouble in New Hampshire when he said Mrs. Clinton was "likable enough," faint praise that grated on female votes who didn't appreciate him condescending to the former first lady.
Privately, aides and associates of Mr. Obama tell stories about a boss who can be aloof and ungracious. He holds firmly to views and doesn't like to be challenged, traits that President Bush packaged and sold under the "resolute" brand in the 2004 election. For Mr. Bush, those qualities proved to be dangerous in a time of war and in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
If arrogance is a display of self-importance and superiority, Mr. Obama earns the pejorative every time he calls his pre-invasion opposition to the war in Iraq an act of courage.
While he deserves credit for forecasting the complications of war in 2002, Mr. Obama's opposition carried scant political risk because he was a little-known state lawmaker courting liberal voters in Illinois. In 2004, when denouncing the war and war-enabling Democrats would have jeopardized his prized speaking role at the Democratic National Convention, Mr. Obama ducked the issue.
http://www.nysun.com/national/trouble-with-obamas-arrogance/73137/

Old 09-27-2008, 08:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,048,877 times
Wow.

You are SO threatened by intelligence.

How much more are you going to harp on this?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:13 PM

31,687 posts, read 41,086,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The freshman senator told reporters in July that he would overcome Senator Clinton's lead in the polls because "to know me is to love me."
A few months later, he said, "Every place is Barack Obama country once Barack Obama's been there."
True, there's a certain amount of tongue-in-cheekiness to such remarks — almost as if Mr. Obama doesn't want to take his adoring crowds and political ascent too seriously. He was surely kidding when he told supporters in January that by the time he was done speaking "a light will shine down from somewhere."
"It will light upon you," he said. "You will experience an epiphany. And you will say to yourself, I have to vote for Barack. I have to do it." But both Mr. Obama and his wife, Michelle, ooze a sense of entitlement.
``
Mr. Obama's cool self-confidence got him into trouble in New Hampshire when he said Mrs. Clinton was "likable enough," faint praise that grated on female votes who didn't appreciate him condescending to the former first lady.
Privately, aides and associates of Mr. Obama tell stories about a boss who can be aloof and ungracious. He holds firmly to views and doesn't like to be challenged, traits that President Bush packaged and sold under the "resolute" brand in the 2004 election. For Mr. Bush, those qualities proved to be dangerous in a time of war and in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
If arrogance is a display of self-importance and superiority, Mr. Obama earns the pejorative every time he calls his pre-invasion opposition to the war in Iraq an act of courage.
While he deserves credit for forecasting the complications of war in 2002, Mr. Obama's opposition carried scant political risk because he was a little-known state lawmaker courting liberal voters in Illinois. In 2004, when denouncing the war and war-enabling Democrats would have jeopardized his prized speaking role at the Democratic National Convention, Mr. Obama ducked the issue.
http://www.nysun.com/national/trouble-with-obamas-arrogance/73137/
The word you are searching for to describe Obama is uppity.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:09 PM

Default Obama......and his presidential seal logo.......

It appears Obama has been in touch with Diebold and decided to let the cat out of the bag early. That’s right, voters, you can stay home. As the good half-people of Florida and Michigan learned, democracy doesn’t matter. His Highness Obama — with an assist from the wise, hardened, probing American media — has declared himself Holy American Emperor.
The unveiling of his seal is not the first time Obama has unwittingly admitted he’s already garnered enough votes to be President. In fact, he recently told a Chicago audience that’s he’s already won election and re-election:
“It’s a good time to be in Chicago,” Barack Obama said to the cheering crowd. “The White Sox are winning. The Cubs are winning. And Chicago’s going to win the 2016 Olympics.”
In 2016, I’ll be wrapping up my second term as president, so I can’t think of a better way than to be marching into Washington Park alongside Mayor Daley, alongside Rahm Emanuel, alongside Dick Durbin, alongside Valerie Jarrett as President of the United States, and annoucing to the world, ‘Let the games begin!”
Wildly presumptuous? Maybe, maybe not. But it seems his Presidential seal may be rubbing some observers the wrong way.
http://donedems.com/2008/06/20/holy-arrogance-batman-obama-presidential-seal-causes-backlash/

Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 PM

Default Obama has extended that arrogance to include his vice president.....

Obama/Biden for the Arrogance Ticket?

posted at 10:55 am on August 21, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Mickey Kaus does a little sleuthing and discovers that Joe Biden’s collapse in the 1988 presidential election cycle didn’t just come from his plagiarism of Neil Kinnock. In a 1987 New York Times article, E.J. Dionne reported on a series of blunders by the Delaware Senator that knocked him out of contention. This list includes plagiarism, misrepresentation of his educational achievements, and telling a voter about his big, big brain:
The tape, which was made available by C-SPAN in response to a reporter’s request, showed a testy exchange in response to a question about his law school record from a man identified only as ”Frank.” Mr. Biden looked at his questioner and said: ”I think I have a much higher I.Q. than you do.”
He then went on to say that he ”went to law school on a full academic scholarship - the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship,” Mr. Biden said. He also said that he ”ended up in the top half” of his class and won a prize in an international moot court competition. In college, Mr. Biden said in the appearance, he was ”the outstanding student in the political science department” and ”graduated with three degrees from college.”
Well, if we measured political IQ, Biden might barely show up on the scale. As Dionne notes later in the article, Biden got one degree from college, a double major. He didn’t get a full scholarship to law school; he got a partial scholarship and received grants to cover the rest. He didn’t graduate in the top half of his class, as he asserted to “Frank”, whose IQ score has been lost in the mists of time. In fact, Biden came in 76th in a class of 85, which isn’t even close.
Obviously, math wasn’t one of his double majors.
What was Biden’s excuse at the time? “I exaggerate when I’m angry.”
Maybe it’s the burden of that really, really big brain he has to carry with him at all times.
What kind of person brags about his IQ to belittle someone debating him? What an arrogant, nasty remark to someone whose vote Biden ostensibly wanted for his presidential run. It matches well with Barack Obama’s own combination of arrogance and ignorance, such as when he scolded Americans for their lack of charity at the Saddleback Church forum last weekend. If they get bored, maybe they can compare IQ scores on the campaign trail.
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/21/obamabiden-for-the-arrogance-ticket/

Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,394,179 times
Why didn't you just link all these words and then actually say something...do you agree...disagree...think this is funny..think this is sad or did you just want to make sure your copy and paste functions were working properly?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:14 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,997,359 times
Quote:
WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.
According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.
"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/obama_tried_to_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.ht m
At a New Hampshire roundtable in December, Obama betrayed little emotion as one participant sobbed while describing her situation: She lost her job on her 65th birthday, struggles to afford her $2,900 monthly prescription drug costs, and lives in 30-year-old trailer where the thermostat is set at 64 degrees.
At the same event, he later mentioned how the success of his book had allowed him to buy a big house. He was making a point about inequities in the tax system, but the story felt misplaced in the midst of such dire tales.
======================================
[...] his remarks at a private San Francisco fundraiser amplified the flip side of his personal manner, a sort of freestyle rhetorical approach sometimes better suited for a dorm room bull session.
Obama fielded almost identical questions from the donors in San Francisco as he does from voters across the country. Yet his answers in the more intimate - and in his view, off the record - gathering were a bit more revealing.
Asked what he would seek in a running mate, Obama said despite the conventional wisdom, he wouldn't need somebody with military expertise because "foreign policy is the area where I am probably most confident that I know more and understand the world better than Sen. Clinton or Sen. McCain."
================================
Just before the Iowa caucus, Obama began telling voters about a phone conversation with his wife, who said this year was the right time to run for president because they are "still almost normal." She meant that before her husband became a U.S. senator and received a $1.9 million book advance, they juggled school loans, grocery shopping and mortgage payments like other middle-class families. "Michelle's point was, in eight years from now, 10 years from now, we may still be nice people, but we may be in this orbit where we just don't remember, we don't hear people's voices anymore," Obama explained at the time.
Earth to Obama - Earth to Obama -- the Eagle has landed. You're there, somewhere, out in orbit and out of touch.
Two women in the Sioux City audience were not impressed. "That was a mistake," said Lindsay Pelchat, 30. "That was a big mistake."
"Don't ever forget where you come from," her friend, Paula Yasat, 53, piped in.
"Does that mean in the next election he's already going to start losing sight of the middle class?" Pelchat asked.
The women approached Obama afterward to tell him they remained undecided.
"What do I need to do?" Obama asked, almost disbelieving. "You're really making us work."
=========================
At a February town hall meeting in Racine, Wis., Obama showed little patience for a rowdy crowd. When one young man asked for his views on Native American rights and "people getting screwed" by NAFTA, Obama took a sharp tone. "I'm sorry, young man, you have a series of different questions and why don't you ask your questions in a more polite fashion," Obama said.
An aide later said that Obama, who was on his last stop before a trip home to Chicago, appeared irritated because was anxious to see his family.
Frustration over people not behaving as he wants them to behave... not a good sign. Any parent knows exactly what I mean, and so did Obama's handlers, which is why they spun this to be "about family."
==========================
Reacting in mid-February to Clinton's charges that he was all talk, Obama offered a confident self-assessment, one that might sound arrogant to some. "It's true I give a good speech. What can I do? Nothing wrong with that.".
===================
Obama infuriated supporters of former Sen. John Edwards by continuing to use him as a punch line on the stump even after he left the race. And New York magazine reported last month that Obama blew the endorsement, in part, because he came across as "glib and aloof" during a phone conversation on the day that Edwards dropped out.
==========
http://wizbangblue.com/2008/04/15/more-examples-of-obamas-arrogance.php
Only two searches.....
You seem like you've got waaaaayy too much time on your hands. Yeah, okay, you've changed my mind on who to vote for because you searched so hard for some tidbit of insignificant information that obviously backs up some little notion you already had about Obama. Way to go!

Old 09-28-2008, 05:21 PM

254 posts, read 329,547 times
Quote:
``
http://www.nysun.com/national/troubl...rogance/73137/
step away from the computer and get a life. GEEEEZZZ!

Old 09-28-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Why didn't you just link all these words and then actually say something...do you agree...disagree...think this is funny..think this is sad or did you just want to make sure your copy and paste functions were working properly?
Naw!!! I did it so you would have a reason to *****!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections