Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
So the government is suppose to take care of you because you a a child with cerebral palsy?

Goodness, I feel bad for your child but it is NOT the governments job to take care of your child.

We cannot take care of everyone who has a problem, people need to find ways to take care of themselves when a problem comes up and not rely on government assistance.
The mantra of the far right

Every man, woman, and child for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Your remarks are very mean-spirited. Shame on you.
Hopefully he'll never reproduce (for several reasons), but if he does, maybe he'll have a child with special needs and then we'll see if he changes his tune.........

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
So the government is suppose to take care of you because you a a child with cerebral palsy?

Goodness, I feel bad for your child but it is NOT the governments job to take care of your child.

We cannot take care of everyone who has a problem, people need to find ways to take care of themselves when a problem comes up and not rely on government assistance.
It is heartless B's like you that is what is wrong with this country. You would deny a crippled child healthcare?
I just bewt you wouldn't have the freaking GUTS to say that to my FACE would you???

Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
It is heartless B's like you that is what is wrong with this country. You would deny a crippled child healthcare?
I just bewt you wouldn't have the freaking GUTS to say that to my FACE would you???
I sure would.

Sorry to tell you my oldest is a special needs child and I PAY FOR THE CARE OF THAT CHILD myself.
It is MY JOB to take care of my child and not yours or anyone elses.
If I need to work 2 jobs to pay for health care for my wife and kids I will.

It is NOT governments job to pay for health care of individuals with or without special needs.

We need to get out of the freebie business, it is killing us.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:06 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
Quote:
I sure would.

Sorry to tell you my oldest is a special needs child and I PAY FOR THE CARE OF THAT CHILD myself.

It is NOT governments job to pay for health care of individuals with or without special needs.

We need to take care of our own. If we want to get out of the freebie business than we need to stop helping out these other countries who don't give two hoots about us.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post

Why not? Aren't we suppose to take care of ourselves?

Old 10-06-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
We need to take care of our own. If we want to get out of the freebie business than we need to stop helping out these other countries who don't give two hoots about us.
That I agree with, we need to stop helping other countries with money.

That I will agree with you on, I am sick of sending money to countries that wont even give us a chance to sell American goods there.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:12 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post

Quote:
Why not? Aren't we suppose to take care of ourselves?
I believe that forcing children to fend for themselves is called child abuse in a civilized society.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
McCain Plans Federal Health Cuts

Medicare, Medicaid Spending Would Be Reduced to Offset Proposed Tax Credit McCain Plans Federal Health Cuts - WSJ.com

Now this makes me mad, as the mother of a todler w/ cerebral palsy!!!
Where do you get this???

Read McCain's plans from his Web site

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008 (http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/issues/ - broken link)

Excerpt
John McCain is willing to address the fundamental problem: the rapidly rising cost of U.S. health care. Bringing costs under control is the only way to stop the erosion of affordable health insurance, save Medicare and Medicaid, protect private health benefits for retirees, and allow our companies to effectively compete around the world.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
I sure would.

I call BS.
My husband works 2 jobs to take care of his family,and I stay at home with my son to care for him myself,as any REAL mother should do. That witch Palin cares nothing about her special needs infant,except to parade him around onstage for sympathy votes. SHe should have her old saggy butt at HOME where it belongs,caring for that poor baby & her knocked-up kid she neglects.SHe is pathetic.
We can not AFFORD the several thousands of dollars it costs to provide healthcare for the baby,thanks to the trashed healthcare system in this country. Thankfully,things WILL change when Obama gets into office!

I will not waste any more of my time responding to your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections