Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Where do you get this???

Read McCain's plans from his Web site

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008 (http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/issues/ - broken link)

Excerpt
John McCain is willing to address the fundamental problem: the rapidly rising cost of U.S. health care. Bringing costs under control is the only way to stop the erosion of affordable health insurance, save Medicare and Medicaid, protect private health benefits for retirees, and allow our companies to effectively compete around the world.

The Wall Street Journal;didn't you read the link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 11:19 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
McCain Plans Federal Health Cuts

Medicare, Medicaid Spending Would Be Reduced to Offset Proposed Tax Credit McCain Plans Federal Health Cuts - WSJ.com

Now this makes me mad, as the mother of a todler w/ cerebral palsy!!!
But honey, Sarah Palin is going to be an advocate for you!!!!! Don't you understand??? How she is going to do this remains to be seen, but gosh darn it, Sarah Palin is your friend in Washington DC.

Is the plan something like 5K to spend on a health care plan? Shoot, with my family, we blow through 5K in 5 months in hospital bills on our healthcare plan now!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:19 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,729 times
Quote:
I call BS.
My husband works 2 jobs to take care of his family,and I stay at home with my son to care for him myself,as any REAL mother should do. That witch Palin cares nothing about her special needs infant,except to parade him around onstage for sympathy votes. SHe should have her old saggy butt at HOME where it belongs,caring for that poor baby & her knocked-up kid she neglects.SHe is pathetic.
We can not AFFORD the several thousands of dollars it costs to provide healthcare for the baby,thanks to the trashed healthcare system in this country. Thankfully,things WILL change when Obama gets into office!

I will not waste any more of my time responding to your posts.

So you just said that you are voting for Obama because of his handouts. I thought that is what most people are voting for him for.
Just so you will know his healthcare will not be free, he will make people like me and others pay for it. Therefore hurting me and my family to take care of others. That is wrong!

Palin does not have two illegal ninnies like the Obamas who pays 65,000 each per year to raise her kids like Michelle Obama does.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:21 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
The last major group where polls show McCain might still be leading is older citizens.

A plan to reduce medicare spending is likely to alienate his last support besides white evangelicals.
My special needs sister (35 years old) depends on medicaid to get her the medicine and physician care she needs on a regular basis (she's severely arthritic). My parents are now on Medicare when my dad retired in August. McPalin's plan will kill my parents and make my sister suffer.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:24 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,443,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
So you just said that you are voting for Obama because of his handouts. I thought that is what most people are voting for him for.
Just so you will know his healthcare will not be free, he will make people like me and others pay for it. Therefore hurting me and my family to take care of others. That is wrong!

Palin does not have two illegal ninnies like the Obamas who pays 65,000 each per year to raise her kids like Michelle Obama does.
Hey, Chester, people are already paying for it and have for years with their taxes, duh!

Your last remark isn't even worth the time to answer although I sure could think of a few things to say.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:24 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,728 times
Maybe we can track everyone who votes for McCain and make sure they never receive any public benefits, ever.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
The federal government imposes two taxes on wages, generally: an income tax, which funds the government's general operations, and the payroll tax, paid for by employers and employees, which funds Social Security and Medicare. If Sen. McCain were to apply both of these to the value of health benefits, he could fully pay for his new tax credits. That is what aides have in the past suggested he would do.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
So the government is suppose to take care of you because you a a child with cerebral palsy?

Goodness, I feel bad for your child but it is NOT the governments job to take care of your child.

We cannot take care of everyone who has a problem, people need to find ways to take care of themselves when a problem comes up and not rely on government assistance.
You know what? God doesn't like ugly and there is a cosmic force that deals with this kind of mean spirit. If I were you I'd be very afraid. Does the term "community" have any meaning to you? We are the "UNITED" states because our founders had the sense to realize that when we join together to support one another we are stronger than every person just being responsible for themself. In your view there would be no UNITED states... heck there wouldn't even be states, cities, or communities. There would be just a bunch of people "taking care of themself" and to heck with anyone else. That is called anarchy.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,384 times
What I do NOT get is the Neocon mentality of it's wrong to help a disabled American child w/ our tax dollars,but hey! Lets throw a few more billion dollars a MONTH of our tax dollars to people who hate us on the other side of the globe! No matter that THEY have a few billion surplus in the bank,why WE are suffering the largest freaking national debt in HISTORY!!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,729 times
Quote:
What I do NOT get is the Neocon mentality of it's wrong to help a disabled American child w/ our tax dollars,but hey! Lets throw a few more billion dollars a MONTH of our tax dollars to people who hate us on the other side of the globe! No matter that THEY have a few billion surplus in the bank,why WE are suffering the largest freaking national debt in HISTORY!!
I have a special needs child myself and I do not and will not take government assistance to take care of that child.
It is my job to do that. I spent tons of money a month on certain care out of pocket because my insurance does not cover the certain things needed, but I do not cry about it and I pay out of pocket for it.

It is not your job to take care of my child, it is mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections