Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:34 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,646,250 times

Advertisements

What are you talking about? The democratic congress looked thoroughly at steroids in baseball. See, they accomplished a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 12:36 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
4 more years, 4 more years.

You've convinced me!!

4 More years...More bailouts!!

Some Dems are as guilty as Bush . Pres Bush is a terrible Pres lacks basic Mngmt skills but some Dems like Barney Franks are as guilty .

Old 10-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,071,223 times
Anyone who honestly blames the economic crisis when are in today on the two years the Democrats where is congress needs a clue. The making of the perfect financial storm started years before the Democrats took congress. If it had not happened now I think McCain could have had a chance but it would have unfolded under his administration.

2,305 posts, read 3,044,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post

Too many on this board are incapable of listening to reason.
You're right - let's all band together and tell McCain to stop running away from the wonderful Presidency of George Bush. He should embrace it and admit that he will continue all the fantastic policies that Bush started that led to all the great things in the OP!

Bush/McCain/Palin/Cheney FOREVER!!!!

1,544 posts, read 2,077,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high.
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon.
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) The DOW JONES hit a record high -- 14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars,taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes -- we got 'CHANGE' all right.

In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) As I write, THE DOW is probing another low ~ $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ....

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND???

I received this from friends of mine who wanted me to pass it along.

Democrats*win control of Senate, AP reports - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/08/election.main/index.html - broken link)

Democrats Take Charge, Face Tough Road, Now That They Will Control Both Houses, Democratic Party Has The Burden Of Delivering On Promises - CBS News

The 2006 United States midterm elections were held on Tuesday, November 7, 2006. All United States House of Representatives seats and one third of the United States Senate seats were contested in this election, as well as 36 state governorships, many state legislatures, four territorial legislatures and many state and local races. The election resulted in a sweeping victory for the Democratic Party which captured the House of Representatives, the Senate, and a majority of governorships and state legislatures from the Republican Party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1Wc...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPSDnGMzIdo

Old 10-06-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

5) American's were buying new cars,taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes -- we got 'CHANGE' all right.

In the PAST YEAR:

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping;
6) As I write, THE DOW is probing another low ~ $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

Dem party being led by Pelosi is like Rep party being led by Bush.

Two grossly inept people. I am going with Mccain ONLY because do not want Pelosi with that much input. Thus want balance of power.

If Congress was run by Hillary or a competent Dem than would go with Obama but with Pelosi at the helm I won't risk it.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What are you talking about? The democratic congress looked thoroughly at steroids in baseball. See, they accomplished a lot

lol actually it was the ombecile Reid who began that gross waste of money .
Nothing came out of it unless those useless idiots getting signed autographs for their kids counts.

Chances are that is why they did it.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,464,940 times
To the OP: When you can get your facts straight about what happened with the economy under the Dubya Administration, maybe you should get back to us. Check out what happened (that is, what *didn't* happen) regarding job growth since Dubya was President.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Thumbs down Friends don't feed friends BS...

Quote:

No it wasn't. It was headed for the current meltdown Many warned of the dangerous path we were on. People like you are still ignoring that fact.

Quote:

In the PAST YEAR:

I suppose this makes sense to those incapable of rational thought, too.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:46 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,990,328 times
Default Last EIGHT YEARS have been the WORST in U.S. History

The last EIGHT YEARS have been the ABSOLUTE WORST in U.S. History.

1. Bush COMPLETELY IGNORES ALL PRE-9/11 WARNINGS from other countries, and just goes on vacation in Crawford for the entire month of August 2001. Even the August 6th PDB (president daily brief) from CIA Director George Tenet entitled "Bin Laden Determined To Strike US" isn't enough for Bush to change his plans. How coincidental that this brief comes just 1 month before the attack? And during the entire month of August, CIA DIRECTOR George Tenet is "running around D.C. with his hair on fire" knowing a major attack was being planned. And meanwhile, Bush is chopping wood at his ranch.

Then 9/11 happens, and Bush refuses to have an investigation! It takes the 9/11 victims families 18 MONTHS to press Bush into conducting an investigation. And by then, Bush decides the investigation should be controlled to not point any fingers, and simply provide information to prevent it from happening again. Bush makes certain that nobody in his administration (including himself) is ever held accountable for events which led up to 9/11.

2. Bush lies to everyone about the threat posed by Iraq, and then starts an UNNECESSARY war. You know the rest .... Nearly 5000 U.S. troops killed! Another 30,000+ seriously wounded!

3. Bush ignores Hurricane Katrina until it's too late. Over 1000 Americans die as a result.

4. Bush states he will FIRE anyone in his administration involved in the CIA Valerie Plame leak. Then Scooter Libbey is convicted and sentenced to jail time, and Bush COMMUTES the jail sentence. Scooter Libbey never serves a single day in prison.

5. During the BUSH presidency ... with a REPUBLICAN controlled congress ... the housing bubble grows and then bursts. Now America is facing foreclosures everywhere. Stock Market is sinking like a led balloon.

6. The US National Debt grows from 6 Trillion Dollars to more than 11 Trillion under Bush. Bush spends more money than all 42 preceding presidents combined!

All along ... the Republican Congress backs everything Bush wants. They never challenge Bush on anything!

CAN AMERICA SURVIVE ANOTHER REPUBLICAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE ?

VOTE OBAMA 2008 !!!

Last edited by RD5050; 10-06-2008 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections