Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:49 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,279,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Speaking of swallowing Kool-Aid........
Not at all. The greedy bankers who loaned money to people who couldn't afford the loans is just ONE facet of our economy. The libs want everyone to believe the sky is falling, BUT IT IS NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:49 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,395,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
How about a lesson in telling the truth to your wife?

You know Barack doesn't wear the pants in that family. He would never speak up and tell Michelle the truth about anything. He is afraid of her, she's not proud, hates the country, and maybe him....

Old 10-06-2008, 01:54 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,279,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
You know Barack doesn't wear the pants in that family. He would never speak up and tell Michelle the truth about anything. He is afraid of her, she's not proud, hates the country, and maybe him....
Yeah, they had some thing on the other night and Obama said earlier in their marriage things weren't going so well, he was traveling a lot for work and she was home with the kids, and he would have to kiss her on the cheek when he left for work in the morning because she wouldn't kiss him. She has that evil look on her face when she's NOT mad - can you imagine what she looks like when she is? I'm sure it's scary and I'm sure he was AFRAID to try to give her a kiss! And I bet when he loses the election he'll be back to kissing her on the cheek...and probably cleaning the toilet.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,948 times
Quote:

And you call yourself a teacher?

What subjects do you teach? How old are the students? Just wondering.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Quote:
Yet another quote out of context and another poster with little ability to comprehend what was being said. Now, there's a surprise.
Not out of context at all. The only one who has a problem "comprehending" is you. You're the one who's voting for a man who's violent towards women and a V.P. candidate who is anti-semitic and gets her talking points off Starbucks cups (and STILL gets them wrong).

Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,521,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaauger View Post
Immaturity, ignorance, fear: a lethal combination.
I think ignorant is anybody who thinks that either party is going to turn this country around. Vote 3rd party!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:27 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
How about a lesson in telling the truth to your wife?
since when did people care about intruding in personal lives? most americans don't care who did what to who, as long as they are not doing it to us!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:37 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,252,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I think ignorant is anybody who thinks that either party is going to turn this country around. Vote 3rd party!!!
After reading all of this trash here I may just do that..Or stay at home.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:39 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Quote:
"I don’t need lessons about telling the truth to American people, and were I ever to need any improvement in that regard, I probably wouldn’t seek advice from a Chicago politician." John McCain

Amen to that.

My other favorite this election cycle is from Huckabee:
"I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich, but because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me."
Indie Castle (http://theindependentvoter.com/indiecastle.html - broken link)
I remember well the moral outrage I felt when Tucker Eskew and pals led a bunch of fellow "Christians" in South Carolina in suggesting, on behalf of George W. Bush, that McCain's adopted Bengali daughter was really the lovechild from an illicit affair he'd supposedly had with a black woman, and how he ought to be ashamed of her.

I cheered inside when McCain said in a 2000 interview that "I believe that there is a special place in hell for people like (Tucker Eskew)".
An "agent of change" wouldn't have just hired Tucker Eskew for any role. Not even to help his running mate Sarah Palin, which is what Eskew was hired to do.

before anyone allow their credibility to be used to challenge the accuracy of the above quote, understand it is being shown on network news/talk shows.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,329,518 times
One of my most inspiring McCain quotes:

"Sure. Technically, I don't know." --asked if the U.S. is in a recession, "60 Minutes" interview, Sept. 21, 2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections