Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:41 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,060,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
After reading all of this trash here I may just do that..Or stay at home.
Don't do that remember this was started by the McCain camp and it is being suggested they are doing so to turn people off to the election and thus keeping turnout down which helps McCain. If idealistic people are turned off that will hurt Obama more then McCain and Team McCain knows and wants that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,326,320 times
"I think -- I'll have my staff get to you. It's condominiums where -- I'll have them get to you." --after being asked how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own, interview with Politico, Las Cruces, N.M., Aug. 20, 2008

Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,394,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
And you call yourself a teacher?

What subjects do you teach? How old are the students? Just wondering.

Go ahead and fling your insults. I have sense enough not to make my screen name Dookie Boy...seriously.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,326,320 times
My personal favorite,

"I'm glad to have his endorsement. I condemn remarks that are, in any way, viewed as anti-anything. And thanks for asking." --after being asked by George Stephanopoulos about receiving the endorsement of Evangelical pastor Rev. John Hagee, who has made a number of controversial remarks, including calling Catholicism "The Great *****" and blaming Hurricane Katrina on gays

Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,686,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
another great one:

"Our economy, I think, is still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong." --Jacksonville, Fla., Sept. 15, 2008
That quote is worn out and means zero. You keep spinning it and if you do not understand what he said then you should not be voting.
Get all the quote in here, he said that jobs and people are the key fundamentals to this economy.
At least he gives American workers credit while dumbo the moronic clown has never given American workers a good word.

AWESOME QUOTE by McCain.

Obama had better have his vest on tomorrow night because McCain is going to nail him to the wall.

He will be coming with all the associations Barry, even your commi mommy!!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:46 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,922,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
After reading all of this trash here I may just do that..Or stay at home.
this is not an election to stay home! these are probably not the best candidates that our country has to offer, but they are diametrically opposed. one is for bigger government and one is for smaller government. one is for increasing taxes to generate revenue and one is for cutting taxes to stimulate growth. americans need to stand on which way they want the country to go and then we will live with the choice that has been made. i think that a 3rd party candidate is well poised to make a serious run in the next election with our faith in the government at an all time low. this election will make history with either a black man or a white woman, but the next election may be an even more defining change in the course of american history.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:55 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,394,955 times
For the Democrats, here are a few quotes you might like to consider:

YouTube - Obama Gaffes
OR

YouTube - Yes Or No? Obama stumbles
But this is genius:

YouTube - Obama's Modern Times

Old 10-06-2008, 06:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,483,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
This time no one is insulting you. You are insulting yourself.
And what is you're alternative? Say it out loud so everyone understand the true meaning behind these type of post.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:19 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
"I don’t need lessons about telling the truth to American people, and were I ever to need any improvement in that regard, I probably wouldn’t seek advice from a Chicago politician." John McCain

Amen to that.

My other favorite this election cycle is from Huckabee:
"I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich, but because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me."
Yeah, I need to have those made into inspirational posters:

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/gallery/...on/Failure.jpg
http://images.despair.com/products/d.../adversity.jpg
http://www.verumserum.com/media/2007/09/change.jpg

Old 10-06-2008, 07:29 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,541 times
Quote:
You know Barack doesn't wear the pants in that family. He would never speak up and tell Michelle the truth about anything. He is afraid of her, she's not proud, hates the country, and maybe him....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
And you call yourself a teacher?

What subjects do you teach? How old are the students? Just wondering.
Quote:
Go ahead and fling your insults. I have sense enough not to make my screen name Dookie Boy...seriously.

It's not an insult. I'm just amazed that someone who would refer to them self as an "educator" could spew forth such nonsesne. An opinion is one thing, but you are making accusations regarding the Obama family, as if you are a fly on their wall. How the hell do you know what goes on inside their home? Your comment was juvenile at best. As was your "dig" at my sceen name, which incidentally has family meaning regarding my late father, but thanks for thinking that one through also.

You still didn't answer my question. What subject do you teach. Or is that insulting to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections