Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:34 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,596,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
"I don’t need lessons about telling the truth to American people-John McCain
How about a lesson in telling the truth to your wife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:34 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,675,949 times
Quote:
Yet another quote out of context and another poster with little ability to comprehend what was being said. Now, there's a surprise.
Show me how it was taken out of context.

Quote:
"You know that there's been tremendous turmoil in our financial markets and Wall St. And it is -- people are frightened by these events. Our economy, I think still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong. But these are very, very difficult times."

Old 10-06-2008, 01:37 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
another great one:

"Our economy, I think, is still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong." --Jacksonville, Fla., Sept. 15, 2008
And the fundamentals STILL are strong.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:39 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,561,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
This time no one is insulting you. You are insulting yourself.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:39 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,396,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Okay. Fair enough.

It you have the time, you may wish to go back to some of my earliest posts on this board, before I understood the snarkiness and actually spoke back to those who hurled insults. I am very well-read and happen to have had the unique (most people on this board I would dare say know little about Obama) opportunity to have attempted to work with Obama (and others) in Illinois on school funding....you know, the state that ranks #49? I also know his record, how he got his start, some of his connections and have no repect for the man and cannot in good conscience vote for a Democrat for president in this election.

As for Nixon, um, no thanks. Even I knew better at age 18.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:40 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,729,695 times
Quote:
Pathetic attempt at a bail out. If he meant the workers, he would have said the workers. It didn't work when McCain tried to weasel out of it, it didn't work for Palin during the debate either, and it certainly doesn't work for you.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,675,949 times
Quote:
Wowwwwwwwwwww.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:46 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
"I don’t need lessons about telling the truth to American people, and were I ever to need any improvement in that regard, I probably wouldn’t seek advice from a Chicago politician." John McCain

Amen to that.

My other favorite this Republican cycle is from Huckabee:
"I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich, but because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me."
Go Mayor Daley!

“It would be a great ad. Remember: People lost their life savings, their own homes for a guy named Keating out of Arizona,” Daley said.

“If you want to get tough in politics, I can get as tough in politics as anyone else. If you want to do that, then you basically bring yourself down. When you start throwing mud, mud is gonna be thrown at you and it’s gonna be sticking,” the mayor said.

Mayor Daley blasts McCain for 'Chicago Machine' ad :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Politics (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/1179920,daley092308.article - broken link)

Old 10-06-2008, 01:47 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,558,552 times
Quote:

Speaking of swallowing Kool-Aid........

Old 10-06-2008, 01:48 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,396,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Go Mayor Daley!

“It would be a great ad. Remember: People lost their life savings, their own homes for a guy named Keating out of Arizona,” Daley said.

“If you want to get tough in politics, I can get as tough in politics as anyone else. If you want to do that, then you basically bring yourself down. When you start throwing mud, mud is gonna be thrown at you and it’s gonna be sticking,” the mayor said.

Mayor Daley blasts McCain for 'Chicago Machine' ad :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Politics (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/1179920,daley092308.article - broken link)

Oh dear God, have you ever heard Daley speak???Now, there's a man you never, ever want to be guilty of quoting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections