Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
reconmark.
Shouldn't there have been some kind of corroborating evidence that Palin said this? Shouldn't that be more of a point than the actual word itself?
You are right. I allowed myself to be side tracked with the argument denouncing the use of the word and someone attempting to lie and put the word in a context obviously different than the alleged statement made by Palin.

Sometimes hersay is just another way to introduce things never said, so I would liek to see corrabarating evidence!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 02:51 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh I don't know...in another forum Asians were referred to as "Orientals"...by a repub.

And another repub said that was OK because political correctness is "BS".

So yes, "Sambo" could've been used with ease by Repubs.

And Joe Biden believes that you cannot walk into a convenience store in America without knowing Indian.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
Quote:
And Joe Biden believes that you cannot walk into a convenience store in America without knowing Indian.

Joe also said that blacks are dirty people but that is ok for him to say crap like that.

Are the loons coming out of their shells and showing truly what type of people they are?

Old 09-02-2009, 02:19 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,670,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Joe also said that blacks are dirty people but that is ok for him to say crap like that.
are you talking about the "clean and articulate" remark about obama? there was a pretty big hubbub about that when it happened, i believe. that was an incredibly stupid thing to say but to extrapolate it to "blacks are dirty people" is a bit of a stretch.

anyway palin probably didn't say this so you can stop defending racism now.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,158 times
I'm surprised she doesn't use the terms "Negro" or "colored"

Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
So is that everyone who was accused of being a Racist or is there more that they forgot? Obama is suppose to be beyond race but that is all I have heard since he was elected. Let's just say everyone is a racist and get it over.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:52 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Exactly what are you trying to say, that you had a friend who could change from white to black. lol

Knew a white guy named Samuel a few years back. We called him Sammy or Sambo for short. He was black, and didn't have a problem with it.

So Samuel was white but then you started calling him Sammy or Sambo and all of a sudden he's black and doesn't have a problem with it?

Sorry,if you call me Sambo we will have major problems and I'm not overly sensitive to name calling, but if you know the history of this word you can mean no good when you call someone this name!
I completely agree with your post reconmark especially the last paragraph. I doubt some black guy let some white guys call him sambo. Well perhaps the black guy was deaf and blind. It may have been ok for him but I doubt many black people would accept this!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Maxine Waters. She also wanted to take away the oil from the oil companies.
Actually there was another one. Maybe she wasn't from CA, but Maxine Waters is just as stupid. How do these people even get elected? Waters is an absolute idiot. I heard her remarks about "socialize.....er, ah....." "We're going to take over your companies"! Unbelievable!

And these people are "running" our government? Scares the hell out of me!

Maxine was also the one extolling the virtues of Franklin Raines, who was cooking the books at Fannie Mae, when the Republicans held hearings warning of a crash in the Mortgage industry if something wasn't done. The Democrats (Maxine included) claimed they were trying to create a crisis where non existed, for political gain. Well, guess what?

And Bush had nothing to do with it! Nor did any Republican!

Old 09-03-2009, 04:22 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
There are plenty of reasons to dislike Sarah Palin, but Kennedy's article is too close to guilt by association for my taste. Palin certainly is a fool and ought to be kept far away from public office and possibly sharp objects, but she is probably not a "racist" in any traditionally understood sense; if she were, she would not have married a part-Eskimo.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There are plenty of reasons to dislike Sarah Palin, but Kennedy's article is too close to guilt by association for my taste. Palin certainly is a fool and ought to be kept far away from public office and possibly sharp objects, but she is probably not a "racist" in any traditionally understood sense; if she were, she would not have married a part-Eskimo.
Palin is no fool. She is one damn smart lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections