Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:04 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,080,886 times

Advertisements

How about Palin giving a propaganda video for a party whose mission is to have Alaska secede from the union? How can we elect a vice president who is a proponent of Alaska becoming independent?? Isn't the Ayer connection just a tad more tenuous than Palin's support of this independence party???

YouTube - Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. Palin addresses AIP convention
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,125,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
They're terrorists!

Terrorists, I tell ya!

Never forget what he did to Hillary!
They're as much a terrorist as you....

Old 10-07-2008, 10:08 AM

89,083 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Your poor logic is showing.

Those "more than a dozen" are JUST the economists that were INTERVIEWED. In other words "just a sampling". The fact is, most of those folks signed a broad vague set of basic proposals BEFORE the details of the plan were determined...
You didn't read the economists' statement, did you?

And if what you want to believe were true, there should be another statement issued by those same economists that endorsed McCain saying they changed their minds. But, there isn't one, is there? No, there isn't.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You didn't read the economists' statement, did you?

And if what you want to believe were true, there should be another statement issued by those same economists that endorsed McCain saying they changed their minds. But, there isn't one, is there? No, there isn't.
Clearly because (as evidenced by the interviews) they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY SIGNED - or HOW IT DIFFERS FROM MCCAIN'S PLAN.

Personally, I don't think that reflects very well on the wisdom of the signees.

Ken

Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM

89,083 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Clearly because (as evidenced by the interviews) they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY SIGNED - or HOW IT DIFFERS FROM MCCAIN'S PLAN.

Personally, I don't think that reflects very well on the wisdom of the signees.

Ken
Are you sure you really want to go with accusing hundreds of economists of not analyzing economic plans and not reading a position statement before signing it?

Impugning hundreds of economists' professionalism is a pretty desperate attempt at trying to justify Obama's inferior economic plan.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:49 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
This is the way I see it. People in our country are supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty. However, guilty by association is not uncommon, especially in politics.

I'm going to go off subject for a minute. Just a little background...I rent the back of a duplex and I've been here for years. When I was outside chatting last week, my neighbor's 50-something year old son (he & his wife moved in with her) told me all about my life. Gosh, I wish it were true! You see, the reason I can afford to live alone in this dump is because I was married to the CEO at Johnson & Johnson and get a big alimony check every month, and the reason nobody ever sees me with a date is because if I get remarried, I'd lose all that money.

Now, imagine the mentality of these folks who spend their time watching Jerry Springer and mud wrestling and obviously dreaming up stories about their next door neighbor who minds her own business.

So, if they are registered voters, these are the same people who will listen to just about any smears and consider them facts.

Yes, I believe the Obama has ties with William Ayers, just like McCain has ties with Liddy, Keating and Hagee. Palin is closely associated with Ted Stevens.

I guess the fact that Chicago chose Ayers as its Citizen of the Year in 1997 doesn't matter or that he's worked closely which Chicago's Mayor on education reform (oh, there's that "R" word McCain & Palin use so often) and ending poverty in the inner city.

AFAIK Ayers was never convicted of a crime. Do I approve of terrorist activities? No, of course not. But I do believe that if a person was never convicted of a crime and moved on to become an upstanding citizen, a respected and distinguished professor, and the recipient of "Citizen of the Year" it would only make sense to join him in his efforts to help my community.

BTW the only association I have with Johnson & Johnson is the baby oil in my medicine cabinet.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are you sure you really want to go with accusing hundreds of economists of not analyzing economic plans and not reading a position statement before signing it?

Impugning hundreds of economists' professionalism is a pretty desperate attempt at trying to justify Obama's inferior economic plan.
The random sampling indicates that indeed, many of them don't know what they signed - or at least they don't agree with what it's being used to endorse (many of those sampled ADMIT it themselves).

I think that speaks for itself.

Ken

Old 10-07-2008, 11:22 AM

395 posts, read 511,238 times
Let's not forget that the Weather Underground's bombings were done in a way, where they made sure nobody was hurt or killed. They made sure they called in bomb threats and buildings were evacuated. They are quite different than other terrorists acts that are meant to harm people.

Either way, people will look at the fact Obama knew this guy and ignore the things he was trying to do for the community. I haven't heard the quote from Obama on him denying any associate with Ayers, but if he mislead people....to say that McCain and Palin haven't been doing misleading things on a more constant basis, is just not being very observant.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:25 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,030,765 times
"CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Fact Check: Is Obama ‘palling around with terrorists’? « - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 10-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
"CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Fact Check: Is Obama ‘palling around with terrorists’? « - Blogs from CNN.com
Yup, Obama did nothing wrong - and in fact it was all commendable activities, meant to improve the lives of his fellow Americans - and neither (in the activities he shared with Obama) did Ayers. All that terrorist business that Ayers was involved with is ancient history - long past by the time he met Obama.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections