Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,119,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
The problem is that you need some sense of rationale or logical thought to understand this - which is clearly severely lacking on the right.

We're not forgetting about the economy, neocons. No matter how hard you try...
The market was due for a correction, and no amount of bailout money will stop it.

Let's look at liberal states such as California and New York, and examine their budget shortfalls, and fiscal crisis leaving them in a state of insolvency.

California and New York are shining examples of Liberal tax and spend behavior failing, and Obama's plan will leave the USA in the same situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,294,817 times
How will this stop the layoffs at my company?

Old 10-07-2008, 07:52 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,557,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post

Exactly! Lets talk about something with a little substance...not about past relationships...

WE all have hung out with bad people or people that questionable pasts...that does not make us bad people...and it certainly does mean we share the same ideas... So,,,next.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,119,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
And Obama's plan to raise the taxes on "your" company is going to help you keep your job how?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:00 AM

17,014 posts, read 12,610,157 times
Wow. The Communist News Network investigated. I am actually quite suprised.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,351,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
"Kill all the rich people" were his exact words.

Are you going to refute that, because I'll provide links and direct quotes all day long.

The fact that Obama has associated himself with this low life is reprehensible.

Are you suggesting that, just because he's live crime free life since the bombings, that we should just "forgive and forget"?

No thanks.
First off, the quote he "supposedly said" was nearly 40 years ago - when he was a young hothead (and Obama was what - 8 years old). I'm not excusing the quote - assuming it even occurred (and yeah, provide a link (not of someone CLAIMING he said it) provide a link to an interview or some other direct quote where you can PROVE that he said it) it has NOTHING to do with Obama. Ayers has done NOTHING illegal for probably longer than most of the silly posters here have even been alive.

You can (and obviously will) choose to hold a grudge forever (that's an indictment of YOU, not Obama), but the fact is the guy has moved on with his life and now does charity work. If he offered to help with a charity for a good cause I was running, I wouldn't turn down the help. Help is help. If people need help, they need help. If the guy is living a clean life now, so what about what he did 30 years ago. I don't see you complaining that Palin inhaled - or that McCain was censored for "bad judgment" in the Keating Five mess (the very thing Obama is being attacked for in his dealings with Ayers).

Ken

Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 AM

89,079 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The economy is a legitimate subject. I would hope that obama researches his experts in economy better then he did his spiritual mentor and political friends, or we will all be eating obama cheese once a month -- if we are lucky.
Clearly, Obama doesn't.

Over 300 economists have endorsed McCain's economic plan (July press release figures). That number is up to 530 economists, now, according to The Economist.

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008

Old 10-07-2008, 08:14 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,867,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
And Obama's plan to raise the taxes on "your" company is going to help you keep your job how?
Where has Obama talked about raising taxes on small businesses? Linky would be great, thanks.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:16 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,438,793 times
Desperation has set in.

Obama-349

McCain-174

tied-15

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

Old 10-07-2008, 08:20 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,351,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Clearly, Obama doesn't.

Over 300 economists have endorsed McCain's economic plan (July press release figures). That number is up to 530 economists, now, according to The Economist.[/color][/url]
True enough, but is that the WHOLE story?
I don't think so.
Maybe you should actually READ the article to see who the economists REALLY prefer instead of just taking someones' word for the conclusions the magazine draws. It's not good news for McCain:

"AS THE financial crisis pushes the economy back to the top of voters’ concerns, Barack Obama is starting to open up a clear lead over John McCain in the opinion polls. But among those who study economics for a living, Mr Obama’s lead is much more commanding. A survey of academic economists by The Economist finds the majority—at times by overwhelming margins—believe Mr Obama has the superior economic plan, a firmer grasp of economics and will appoint better economic advisers."

Examining America's presidential candidates | Examining the candidates | The Economist

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections