Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:38 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
America under McCain/Palin!
Well wait 'til she gets to the panhandle. My three years living in lower alabama taught me well that the racial twain does not meet, and if you speak out against the bigotry, you are shunned. It is an embarrassment. My grown children refuse to return to the panhandle of Florida because they feel it is where the third world begins. I think the reporters have a great revenge. don't cover the McCain candidacy at all. Make them pay for their "advertisements."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,855,850 times
I love all the sheltered people who look at the south and chant racism. you people do realize that a lot of black people in the south hate white people. it's a two way street folks.

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Palin supporters hurl childish obscenities at press corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
This at the same speech in Florida where someone in the crowd yelled "Kill him!" about Obama.

Worse, Palin's routine attacks on the media have begun to spill into ugliness. In Clearwater, arriving reporters were greeted with shouts and taunts by the crowd of about 3,000. Palin then went on to blame Katie Couric's questions for her "less-than-successful interview with kinda mainstream media." At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy."

washingtonpost.com
So, Palin is drawing the support of bigots and fools. That's quite an accomplishment!

395 posts, read 511,049 times
I think the "SIT DOWN, BOY" could have easily not had racist intentions. I know the term "BOY" is still embraced by the black community as a racial slur, but this day and age, it's hard to keep up sometime. I used the term "boy" around a black person once..not realizing it was such a big deal. I was just raised thinking BOY..meant BOY.

However, it's funny that I have also heard Republicans ranting about KILLING OBAMA. I know it's not the majority of Republicans who feel that way, but it seems when you do have people that are like "KILL (insert presidential candidate here)... it's the Republicans saying it. That might be because the Democrats are peace-loving hippies. But either way, it makes the Republicans look really ignorant.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I love all the sheltered people who look at the south and chant racism. you people do realize that a lot of black people in the south hate white people. it's a two way street folks.
I believe that one is being on the offense and the other is being on the defense. Not the same thing.

However, it grates on my nerves also when people point at the South and talk about racism, as though it isn't rampant elsewhere.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,738 times
Just read it,is there a Youtube on this????

Old 10-07-2008, 11:49 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,855,850 times
that wasn't my experience in memphis. I wasn't mean to anyone, and was shunned out of circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I believe that one is being on the offense and the other is being on the defense. Not the same thing.

However, it grates on my nerves also when people point at the South and talk about racism, as though it isn't rampant elsewhere.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Obama, if he does as we expect him to do, will change the minds and attitudes of millions of white Americans who for the first time will get to actually see a successful black man in another venue than a sports arena or a movie.
That would be nice but I think there will still be a lot of people that will never be able to see beyond his 'blackness'. I just hope that number continues to decline over the years.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
Perhaps driving around with Confederate flags and treating people like s--t is a cause of that also? Ya think? I bet a heckuva lotta folks just grow up hatin for no reason? That's the ticket, gee willickers,

Old 10-07-2008, 11:54 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
This at the same speech in Florida where someone in the crowd yelled "Kill him!" about Obama.

Worse, Palin's routine attacks on the media have begun to spill into ugliness. In Clearwater, arriving reporters were greeted with shouts and taunts by the crowd of about 3,000. Palin then went on to blame Katie Couric's questions for her "less-than-successful interview with kinda mainstream media." At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy."

washingtonpost.com

There are actually people who support this Republican ticket. This calculated fear-mongering and cultural warfare borders on the Hitlerian. I honestly feel bad for this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections