Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:47 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
Where it happened doesn't matter...it's still retarded and shouldn't be happening. Implied violence against women is no better than implied violence against a black man. Both are equally as ignorant. I don't see anything funny about it, either.
I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
The reason why they would say "lets stone her, old school", is because Philly fans are remembered for booing and throwing ice balls (stoning) Santa on the rink one Christmas. That is what that is in reference to.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:50 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
There is a fundamental difference in how the ugly tirades are being carried out.

The comment's we've seen and heard at McCain Palin rallys have occurred in the presence of the candidates and until Friday, the rhetoric was encouraged. Palin and McCain are both guilty of being physically present and allowing horrible things to be said. And Palin even incited the crowd by introducing the word "terrorist" regarding Obama in her speech.

I thought the McCain/Palin stopped this. Is it still happening?

WATCH THESE

YouTube - McCain to Rally Crowd: "I Want Everyone to Be Respectful"

YouTube - McCain Tries to Tame Flames

YouTube - McCain: "You Do Not Have To Be Scared" of Obama as President

Old 10-12-2008, 12:53 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,840,547 times
Read my post, Shoppingcart bag person.

It says UNTIL FRIDAY

Old 10-12-2008, 12:53 PM

808 posts, read 1,149,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The reason why they would say "lets stone her, old school", is because Philly fans are remembered for booing and throwing ice balls (stoning) Santa on the rink one Christmas. That is what that is in reference to.
But only the locals would know what that meant...and she surely wouldn't know it. I don't want the Obama campaign to be soiled by this kind of stuff because he would NOT approve of it.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:57 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
so you condone stoning................. sinking........

Old 10-12-2008, 12:59 PM

808 posts, read 1,149,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
That's not what they said...they explained what the meaning was. So, the intent was probably different than it sounded, but it STILL was not okay.

It's not cool to accuse someone of having a sentiment they never expressed.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:00 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Read my post, Shoppingcart bag person.

It says UNTIL FRIDAY
This is about the hundredth post/thread on this. It has already been discussed again and again. Is it still happening???? If it stopped, why are people still complaining????

There is no use complaining here. If it is still happening, then I will e-mail the McCain/Palin campaign to STOP it.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:02 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Absolutely not. That is just why it was said, and why they said "old school". Philly fans are notorious for that Santa incident.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:02 PM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Default Retarded? I don't think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
Where it happened doesn't matter...it's still retarded and shouldn't be happening. Implied violence against women is no better than implied violence against a black man. Both are equally as ignorant. I don't see anything funny about it, either.
I dont see any reason for you to slam mentally handicapped individuals either...while you're being so sensitive about black and feminine issues, you might want to check your handicapist language; "retardation" has nothing to do with it. There is no similarity between public behavior which you find offensive and individuals with cognitive handicaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections