Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times

Advertisements

Comcast has a reputation, it paid shills to sit in on an FCC hearing where important media issues were being discussed, especially those on consolidation of ownership of print and electronic media in the same city.

A Google search turns up lots of info. on Comcast. They are part of the problem.

No wonder they support McLame/Failin.

How Comcast Censors Political Content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 01:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
Where it happened doesn't matter...it's still retarded and shouldn't be happening. Implied violence against women is no better than implied violence against a black man. Both are equally as ignorant. I don't see anything funny about it, either.
Big Philly lol. Dont you have someone's homework to be doing?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:04 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
That's not what they said...they explained what the meaning was. So, the intent was probably different than it sounded, but it STILL was not okay.

It's not cool to accuse someone of having a sentiment they never expressed.
I don't care if some of "you " think there is a secret meaning!

Saying someone should be stoned is a very cut n dry meaning!

But swim and wiggle away Obama lovers just love to rationalize bad actions of their candidate or their fellow followers but if a republican had said it they would want them tar and feathered!

Old 10-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The reason why they would say "lets stone her, old school", is because Philly fans are remembered for booing and throwing ice balls (stoning) Santa on the rink one Christmas. That is what that is in reference to.
Correct. They also booed children hunting Easter eggs as I recall.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:08 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,414 times
Last night, prior to the Flyers game, I wrote that anyone who thought that it was a good idea to have Palin appear in Philly much less appear in Philly before a Flyers game had to have their head examined.

PS - In the clip that made all the news, Palin being asked about Pakistan by a student in the crowd, what was missed was the moment when the clerk at Pat's Cheese Steaks asked her what her name was.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 PM

532 posts, read 909,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Correct. They also booed children hunting Easter eggs as I recall.
And Destiny's Child when they showed up wearing Lakers jerseys.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
PS - In the clip that made all the news, Palin being asked about Pakistan by a student in the crowd, what was missed was the moment when the clerk at Pat's Cheese Steaks asked her what her name was.
Grudgingly, have to give it to them for sending her to Pats instead of Genos.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:18 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The reason why they would say "lets stone her, old school", is because Philly fans are remembered for booing and throwing ice balls (stoning) Santa on the rink one Christmas. That is what that is in reference to.
Ohhhh yeah...that's quite different! Glad you mentioned this.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:28 PM

808 posts, read 1,149,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I dont see any reason for you to slam mentally handicapped individuals either...while you're being so sensitive about black and feminine issues, you might want to check your handicapist language; "retardation" has nothing to do with it. There is no similarity between public behavior which you find offensive and individuals with cognitive handicaps.
I said that yelling out "Let's stone her, old school" is retarded.

The word retarded is an adjective that means: slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress

I used that word because it accurately describes the behavior I was talking about.

Using the term to describe a person with any kind of disability would be offensive. That is not what I did nor would I ever do that.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:33 PM

808 posts, read 1,149,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I don't care if some of "you " think there is a secret meaning!

Saying someone should be stoned is a very cut n dry meaning!

But swim and wiggle away Obama lovers just love to rationalize bad actions of their candidate or their fellow followers but if a republican had said it they would want them tar and feathered!
Erm...I have been saying throughout this whole thread that it was WRONG. You put words in the mouth of the person who tried to explain what the phrase meant and I corrected you. Now you are trying to put words in my mouth as well.

No wonder I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections