Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:28 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times

Advertisements

Nice Pics gsoboi!

Last edited by walidm; 10-17-2008 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gsoboi again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 11:29 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
don't let those prices fool you. the salaries have not caught up with home prices in a lot of the NC towns. they have a lot of expensive condos in downtown wilmington they can't sell because people here make no money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I love this place in a downtown district in Greensboro called Southside. Upscale wine cafe with live Jazz on the weekends. its a block away from where I live.

and the half a million dollar townhomes accross the street

Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
The youth vote and their supposed lack of turn out has been discussed ad infinitum but what I think most of us don't yet realize is that this group of young voters are not Gen Xers who didn't want to discuss politics.
I agree with you. I'm smack dab in the middle or Gen-X and my wife is Gen-X also. We were pretty anti-political back then. Now that we are in our 30's (and some even near 40!) we care quite a bit. I'm a teacher and my wife is a chemist. All of our friends are educated professionals for the most part. And they range from higher up retail managers to lawyers to mid-level accountants. It's really quite a variety. Out of all our friends, we know of one who is voting McCain. And we live in Houston, Texas. Another side note: My wife and I voted for Bush in 00 and 04. We won't get fooled again! (but here's hoping the new boss isn't the same as the old boss)

Old 10-17-2008, 11:36 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I agree with you. I'm smack dab in the middle or Gen-X and my wife is Gen-X also. We were pretty anti-political back then. Now that we are in our 30's (and some even near 40!) we care quite a bit. I'm a teacher and my wife is a chemist. All of our friends are educated professionals for the most part. And they range from higher up retail managers to lawyers to mid-level accountants. It's really quite a variety. Out of all our friends, we know of one who is voting McCain. And we live in Houston, Texas.
Let's go Texas.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:39 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,537 times
I'm in Houston, TX and I do not know one single friend or coworker who is voting for McCain. They are either voting for a third party candidate or Obama. I don't see anyone around here who is rah-rah for McCain either.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 AM

493 posts, read 717,631 times
OMG! We are on the precipice of history, what an exciting year. I will continue to pray every night, because things are still a little too close for my taste, but this is incredible!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,583,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
don't let those prices fool you. the salaries have not caught up with home prices in a lot of the NC towns. they have a lot of expensive condos in downtown wilmington they can't sell because people here make no money.
Well lets see this upscale district in downtown Greensboro grew beyond its orgional blue brint due to demand for these pricy townhomes and live-work units. The developer has now run out of land in this district. There is no problem sellig here Maybe its because the incomes are higher in Greensboro than Wilmington. Also Greensboro is almost 3 times bigger than Wilmington so there is a bigger pool of potential buyers.

I love the upscale Press Wine Cafe'/ restaurant. You can go to Cook Outs if you want to but im going to the Press LOL

Old 10-17-2008, 12:07 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
it's bigger, but this area is or at least was, growing faster. we attract all the stuck up retirees. I only went to cook out because I was pretty much passing through and someone I work with told me to go there. I am not really a fast food fan in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Well lets see this upscale district in downtown Greensboro grew beyond its orgional blue brint due to demand for these pricy townhomes and live-work units. The developer has now run out of land in this district. There is no problem sellig here Maybe its because the incomes are higher in Greensboro than Wilmington. Also Greensboro is almost 3 times bigger than Wilmington so there is a bigger pool of potential buyers.

I love the upscale Press Wine Cafe'/ restaurant. You can go to Cook Outs if you want to but im going to the Press LOL

Old 10-17-2008, 12:30 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
As a Republican, I definitely think that North Carolina is GOING blue. There are tons of northerners from the northeast moving down here and most of them are Democrats.

Funny thing is, they are leaving Democrat-dominated areas mainly because they are tired of state taxes and corruption and they come here to a Republican-dominated state because it's better for them. They'll then keep their left-leaning ideologies and ultimately change North Carolina to a blue state and the same problems will start again. Get ready for more taxes North Carolina!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:32 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
OMG! We are on the precipice of history, what an exciting year. I will continue to pray every night, because things are still a little too close for my taste, but this is incredible!
Pray? Thought you guys wanted to keep religion out of politics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections