Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:50 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times

Advertisements

the dems we voted in certainly haven't done anything. I don't know what the republicans have done. I know one thing. julia bozeman belongs in jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You lost me at roads....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 04:56 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I will believe it when I see it. Until then, stay deluded.
Bots be sure to read and digest all posts like this. Circulate them amongst other bots and hang them on the wall. This is the motivation we need as we head to the finish line. Now is the time and let them motivate us to the bell.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Well maybe the roads are not what they were with the high influx of people the last 20 years...but they are still pretty good and better than up north by a longshot (at least the areas I have been)

Char-Grill though....now THAT is a subject we can all agree on!
Did someone say something negative about North Carolina? Slamming Obama or McCain is one thing but slur our Tarheel state and it is war.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
a RECORD number of people voted early yesterday in North Carolina on just one of the early voting days. More than 100,000 people voted yesterday in the Tarheel state and data from the state board of elections showed that 64% of the voters who went to the polls yesterday were democrats and only 21% were republicans. Folks, based on those percentages, it doesnt look good for McCain in North Carolina. And you know if Obama wins North Carolina, he'll win Virginia as well.

More than 100,000 voted early Thursday : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina
Well, don't get your hopes up. Have you looked at the AOL staw poll? As I recall, the AOL straw poll in the last two elections proved to be extremely close to what actually happened. And the AOL straw poll has been for the last two weeks (two separate polls) showing McCain in a HUGE landslide. I don't think Obama has a chance. People DO NOT LIKE THIS GUY.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, don't get your hopes up. Have you looked at the AOL staw poll? As I recall, the AOL straw poll in the last two elections proved to be extremely close to what actually happened. And the AOL straw poll has been for the last two weeks (two separate polls) showing McCain in a HUGE landslide. I don't think Obama has a chance. People DO NOT LIKE THIS GUY.
Bots accept the AOL straw poll and hang this post on your campaign wall and work to change it.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Lets see. Greensboro has over a quarter of a million people. Greensboro is bigger than Richmond, VA and now its bigger than Birmingham, AL....i'd say its a city and certainly a city in support of Barack Obama. The majority of registered voters in Guilford County are indeed democrats...YES WE CAN!!!
How long have you lived in Greensboro/HP/Winston?

Do you have stats on Guilford country registration?
My 23 years of living there seems to be telling me otherwise.

NC reg:
Dem: 2.18 million
Rep: 1.98 million
Lib: 2864
Unaffiliated: 1.37 million

Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
This small business owner will be and my taxes will be cut
Not trying to sway you but you may be interested in this report....maybe not:

A Liberal Supermajority - WSJ.com

Old 10-20-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I hope it goes blue and stays that way, along with Virginia. Good thing northerners are moving to the south. I'll never understand why southern states vote for the party that enacts policies that only hurt them in the long run.
Well let's see for a long time we have had it well. Northerns are moving in droves to the south. They are going to come here and vote the same way they did to make their state unbearable....go figure.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:24 PM

114 posts, read 207,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Well let's see for a long time we have had it well. Northerns are moving in droves to the south. They are going to come here and vote the same way they did to make their state unbearable....go figure.
And they claim southerners are the stupid ones.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:31 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,628,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I don't understand it either. They come down here complaining about high taxes, high cost of living, and no jobs, then they want to vote for the same thing they moved away from in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections