Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:23 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,358,954 times

Advertisements

HAVE ALREADY VOTED FOR OBAMA, and am pleased to have done my part toward turning our county back to the "democracy" that it should be.

I have lived in Arizona for over 30 years, and until this present election cycle, have always admired John McCain. He refused to "swift boat" John Kerry", he appologized for his involvment with the Keating Five, and although I have ususally dissagreed with his political judgements, I have respected him as I would respect anyone whom I believe is doing his best, and following his own beliefs, in spite of the fact that his beliefs are quite different from mine. His present political campaign, however, has left me extremely dissapointed. I am trying to "understand" that his is doing what he thinks needs to be done to win this election, for the "good" of the country, but his tactics suggest that he believes that no amount of dishonesty is "too much" in order to secure his ultimate goal. A mixed message, I know, but very sincere one, from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,358,954 times
Post Script, McCain was actually "funnier" last night, at the roast, than Obama was!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:14 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,585,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I was thinking that after the election this board will be filled with two things. People bragging that their candidate won. Some won't be nice as well as the fedback from that.Others will all of a sudden say something nice about the other ticket because who they voteed for won and it is easy to be nice then. I thought before it all sounds fake it would be nice to say something positive about the person that you are not voting for. I'm voting for Obama and I think he is the best person to lead this nation going forward and I think he will win. I won't say anything about Palin because it will not be true. For McCain I feel respect for him for his service to this country. I like when we see it his funny side. I also think that who McCain is has been taken from him or he left it go in the hopes that he could win. I think there is a man that we don't see who is really McCain and I would like to remember that man. Well it didn't hurt that much.
I'm glad you got the word out michiganmom. I believe Mr. Obama has already won and there is no turning back, however I believe much like Bush ... in 2012 people will be wondering how the heck Obama got voted into office and it will simply be another "change" of administration.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:22 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,353,283 times
great thread.

My vote goes to Obama, but I really respect McCain.

If he won, I wouldn't be too unhappy about it, not like the disgust I felt when Bush "won".

Old 10-17-2008, 02:42 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,980,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Well, if I could decide, I'd find it scary that there is a possiblilty of the defense budget being cut back so badly, that many of us in the DOD field would lose our jobs. Something that can not be outsourced, but can be eliminated if budgets and funds are not available. I am concerned about our military not getting enough funding to finish the job they were ordered to start, yet caught in the middle of the politicians pointing fingers at each other on who wanted what and why. Their hazardous duty pay, being eliminated just because of the all mighty dollar sign that the anti war criers are worried about. It's only money folks, our military needs our support. The farmers in this nation, who don't chat on these boards, who are out early and in late to support their families and feed this country. If Mr. Obama is half the man he says he is, he will take care of the above. If not, he has no business running this country and if Mr. McCain has the experience and knowledge, along with his patriotism can not take care of the above, he has no business either. So on that note, whomever you all vote for, make sure it's about our country and not about getting another stimulus check!
Wow. Your thread was the OPPOSITE of the spirit of the original post. More partisan crap. good job.

And Again, I ask, is it weird to anyone else to have a moderator (Erma) who is SO intensely biased???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections