Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,171,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
LOL.

It's amazing what people will believe. A federal court issues a decision on the supposed "voter fraud" of ACORN, rejecting the charge, and nobody believes it. But Sean Hannity starts spouting insane nonsense, and people line right up.

Up is down. Right is left. Welcome to NewSpeak.

Your right....It is quite amazing what some ppl belive and or choose to overlook and defend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where are the homophobes and racists?

I'd take you up on that, btw. My husband has a term of endearment for me. He calls me the emasculator, especially of liberal weeny men.
I think you have a small woman complex, sanrene. I am very happy for you, though, that you are able to find fulfillment with an online "tough cookie" persona. IRL: probably not so much. . . .

Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I think you have a small woman complex, sanrene. I am very happy for you, though, that you are able to find fulfillment with an online "tough cookie" persona. IRL: probably not so much. . . .
Personal attacks hu? You truly should vote Obama

Old 10-17-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Your right....It is quite amazing what some ppl belive and or choose to overlook and defend
That's right. Makes PERFECT sense to reject the findings of a federal court, but accept the ravings of Hannity. Because--OF COURSE--we ALL know that the federal courts are in on the conspiracy to steal America from the "true" Americans.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Personal attacks hu? You truly should vote Obama
Not a personal attack. An observation.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Khalidi himself said that his supposed friendship with Obama was a lie--that he doesn't even know him.
Allies of Palestinians see a friend in Barack Obama - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
CHICAGO -- It was a celebration of Palestinian culture -- a night of music, dancing and a dash of politics. Local Arab Americans were bidding farewell to Rashid Khalidi, an internationally known scholar, critic of Israel and advocate for Palestinian rights, who was leaving town for a job in New York.

A special tribute came from Khalidi's friend and frequent dinner companion, the young state Sen. Barack Obama. Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi's wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking
His many talks with the Khalidis, Obama said, had been "consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases. . . . It's for that reason that I'm hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation -- a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid's dinner table," but around "this entire world."

Today, five years later, Obama is a U.S. senator from Illinois who expresses a firmly pro-Israel view of Middle East politics, pleasing many of the Jewish leaders and advocates for Israel whom he is courting in his presidential campaign. The dinner conversations he had envisioned with his Palestinian American friend have ended. He and Khalidi have seen each other only fleetingly in recent years.
Where did you read that? Obvious, you are in deep denial. And this isn't a hit piece either. It's a LATimes puff story.

Moving; Care to refute and deny the above? Or are you just going to plug your ears and close your eyes?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
That's right. Makes PERFECT sense to reject the findings of a federal court, but accept the ravings of Hannity. Because--OF COURSE--we ALL know that the federal courts are in on the conspiracy to steal America from the "true" Americans.
This just proves my point even more......absolutely false. As usual....but try again

Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
And it's the same story for all the other guilt-by-association crap that the neo-cons try to foist on Obama.
Really? So, Obama didn't really know wright, pfleger, meeks, rezko?

That's a new spin.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really? So, Obama didn't really know wright, pfleger, meeks, rezko?

That's a new spin.
Knowing someone doesn't make you guilty of their acts, sanrene.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,326,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Oh right, because the Repubs would NEVER do that.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections