Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Oh for godsake, Obama is not responsible for the lives of other people with whom he has associated. As has been pointed out many, many times to you: the association with Ayers took place when they both served on the board of the CAC, along with the President of the University of Illinois and other civic leaders; it was a bipartisan board; it was funded by a Republican. Khalidi himself said that his supposed friendship with Obama was a lie--that he doesn't even know him. And it's the same story for all the other guilt-by-association crap that the neo-cons try to foist on Obama. But: How about McCain attending an ACORN meeting? Or the fact that he's friends with G. Gordon Liddy? What about McCain's "character, his honor, his integrity"? Who's "vouching" for him? Certainly not George Will or David Brooks or William Buckley, or any number of the growing number of respected Republicans who have distanced themselves from the looney-tune takeover of the Republican Party. Hmmmmm?

I guess it makes sense, after all, since the McCain/Palin campaign can't really speak on the issues. All they have in their arsenal is hate and smear. You do know the meaning of "smear," don't you? There's a reason the word exists in connection with political campaigns. It's when one side of the opposition creates a particularly vicious untruth about the opponent and then calls it truth. It's been developed to a fine art under Karl Rove and all the other henchmen who work the McCain/Palin campaign. Yell "FIRE!" loud enough and everyone will run screaming. Who has time to sit down and figure out the truth of the accusation when fear and terror have taken over the mind?
You have loads of tolerance and patience. I often post and hope by some miracle that one of the kool aid drinkers will have a moment of clarity. Maybe they will comprehend what has been transpiring in the Nation that they claim to pledge allegiance to. Then, I lose it. I become disgusted, hence, the sarcasm. I just cannot resist.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-17-2008 at 09:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:06 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times
I'm starting to like Palin, the more she opens her mouth the more she cinches the presidency for Obama!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Knowing someone doesn't make you guilty of their acts, sanrene.
Who said it did? That's not what the argument is. It is that obama would choose to associate himself with people like Wright (a clear america-hater/racist), Pfleger (ditto), Rezko ( a criminal who helped obama buy his house) and Ayers (an unrepentent terrorist).

Is that what you have been thinking all along? That obama is responsible for their words and deeds?

Moving; what about Khalidi? Obviously, you weren't aware of the relationship, or had been "convinced" by someone that it was not true. Right?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Allies of Palestinians see a friend in Barack Obama - Los Angeles Times

Where did you read that? Obvious, you are in deep denial. And this isn't a hit piece either. It's a LATimes puff story.

Moving; Care to refute and deny the above? Or are you just going to plug your ears and close your eyes?
Yes, I was thinking of someone else--the guy who was reputed to have written a recommendation for Obama, which was disproven. My mistake. In any case, what's the problem with Rashid Khalidi? That he's sympathetic to the Palestinian Cause? That Obama shouldn't be having conversations or dinner with someone who thinks the Palestinians have a legal right to resist Israeli occupation? That Obama shouldn't be having conversations or dinner with anyone of Arab heritage? What is the problem, specifically?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
He worked for the PLO, a terrorist organization. You know Arafat, hamas, that kind of stuff.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:17 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,064,230 times
Palin; Clubs Obama with an ACORN

Ya gotta be more than a one trick pony to win an election, especially when no one gives a damn about Ayers or ACORN unless either is going to restore the balance of their IRA's.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Who said it did? That's not what the argument is. It is that obama would choose to associate himself with people like Wright (a clear america-hater/racist), Pfleger (ditto), Rezko ( a criminal who helped obama buy his house) and Ayers (an unrepentent terrorist).

Is that what you have been thinking all along? That obama is responsible for their words and deeds?

Moving; what about Khalidi? Obviously, you weren't aware of the relationship, or had been "convinced" by someone that it was not true. Right?
Why did McCain show up at an ACORN meeting?

Why would McCain choose to associate himself with Liddy?

But you know what, sanrene? I'm not going to answer any more of your questions. Yet again: you've asked about Ayers. Over and over and over again, I and others have taken the time to explain to you--logically and in much detail--why the Ayers connection is bogus. Yet, you continue to assert that it is. You are not the least bit interested in knowing the truth about anything related to Obama. How people respond to you makes no difference whatsoever. It's like you're stuck on one song, which you recite over and over and over again: Ayers, Wright, etc. Each acquaintanceship that you reference has its own history, its own reality--neither of which interests you. The only thing that interests you is damning Barack Obama, even if that means that you must sacrifice truth and honor to do so. And all the while, excusing the most infamously appalling associations and behavior on the part of your own candidate, which--when aired on this forum--you simply ignore. There's no point in trying to discuss anything with you. The fact, for example, that it's quite possible that the GOP is crying "voter fraud" in order to derail democracy is a very, very serious charge and, if true, could destroy the Republican Party. Yet, your response to such a reality--should it turn out to BE a reality--would be to deny it. See the problem?

Have a good night.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,221,567 times
This happens all the time. How many times do you need it explained to you, sanrene? Let us know the number so that we can gauge whether to do it or not.

I think more than 20 times is just not worth it.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
He worked for the PLO, a terrorist organization. You know Arafat, hamas, that kind of stuff.
No, sanrene. According to my admittedly quick research, he was accused of being a spokesperson for the PLO. Yet there has never been any proof that he worked for them. Nor is there any proof that he has committed any terrorist acts.

The world, alas, is more complicated that you appear to understand it.

That's it for me. Good night to you.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:25 PM

396 posts, read 1,035,718 times
Quote:
ABC News

Keep it up, cuda! This is a great issue - especially now that this fraudulent democrat enterprise is being investigated in 13 states.
I wonder if Palin and "John" will hook up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections