Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Colin Powell Endorses Obama Would You Change Your Mind?
Yes 9 13.85%
No 55 84.62%
Maybe 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:23 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
....would you possibly change your mind?
Do you mean, would people change their mind and vote for McCain if Powell endorses Obama?
You're thread is nonsensical!
Why would ANYONE change their mind? Do you believe it will be some earth shattering stunning revelation if Powell supports Obama?
The day Powell announces his support for Obama their will be a big collective yawn and then everyone will go back about their business. Except for the media of course, they will try to make it seem like the pope just announced his support!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 10:44 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,614,243 times
No, but I wish Colin Powell was the nominee instead of McCain. Then the Republican party would have my support 100 percent.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:48 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,894,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Vote for Obama / Biden regardless of a Powell endorsement; but if he endorses McCain, I will be VERY DISSAPOINTED in him.
You would be dissapointed in him because he is smarter than you are....?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:50 AM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
Won't change my mind, I'm already voting for Obama.

Colin Powell is just another former military officer whose allegiance is now with the DEM. Read on for more....

I live in Northern Colorado Springs. I can see New Life (mega)Church from my back deck (remember Rev Ted?). I'm 3 miles from Focus on the Family. The area is one of the 'reddest' and most conservative areas of the country. There are tons of national religious organization headquartered here; ministries of every stripe. Even HERE, we DEMs have registered MANY thousands of new voters, mostly DEM or IND, some GOP. Many long-time GOP types, including many highly religious types, simply cannot stand what the GOP has become, nor can they stand John McCain and Sarah Palin. Many are INVOLVED with our Obama efforts. Most of our Obama team up here is composed of former military / GOP conservatives.

Here are 2 links for a guy I know from our Obama group here, they should be must-reading or watching for our rigid GOP posters:
- The Reason Campaign (click on Joe Carlson, a retired Army officer / CPA and a devout Christian). Also note the other Colorado conservatives who are professing for Obama, including GOP members of our CITY COUNCIL ! !
- Vets jumping the Republican ship : Opinions : Ranger Rich : Colorado Springs Independent : Colorado Springs

NOVEMBER 2008 = LANDSLIDE OBAMA

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-18-2008 at 10:59 AM..

Old 10-18-2008, 10:50 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,030,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
No, but I wish Colin Powell was the nominee instead of McCain. Then the Republican party would have my support 100 percent.
As long as he choses a SMART VP nominee.. not Miss Pageant..

Old 10-18-2008, 10:54 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
....would you possibly change your mind?
Based on Senator McCain political flip-flopping on Foreign Affairs matters it is probably in our best interest to remove all support from his positions. These matters require a depth that the Senator appears to be no longer capable of managing cohesively and we would be better served with a Commander in Chief who has the temperament and Judgment to handle these matters.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:56 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Won't change my mind, I'm already voting for Obama.

Colin Powell is just another former military officer whose allegiance is now with the DEM. Read on for more....

I live in Northern Colorado Springs. I can see New Life (mega)Church from my back deck (remember Rev Ted?). I'm 3 miles from Focus on the Family. The area is one of the 'reddest' and most conservative areas of the country. There are tons of national religious organization headquartered here; ministries of every stripe. Even HERE, we DEMs have registered MANY thousands of new voters, mostly DEM or IND, some GOP. Many long-time GOP types, including many highly religious types, simply cannot stand what the GOP has become, nor can they stand John McCain and Sarah Palin. Many are INVOLVED with our Obama efforts. Most of our Obama team up here is composed of former military / GOP conservatives.

Here are 2 links for a guy I know from our Obama group here, they should be must-reading or watching for our rigid GOP posters:
- The Reason Campaign (click on Joe Carlson, a retired Army officer / CPA and a devout Christian). Also note the other Colorado conservatives who are professing for Obama, including GOP members of our CITY COUNCIL ! !
- Vets jumping the Republican ship : Opinions : Ranger Rich : Colorado Springs Independent : Colorado Springs

NOVEMBER 2008 = LANDSLIDE OBAMA
This is very good news. TSunami08

Old 10-18-2008, 11:00 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,497,091 times
What do I care? It will prove Powell just "couldn't resist" falling in line.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:02 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,614,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
As long as he choses a SMART VP nominee.. not Miss Pageant..
Maybe Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe, not sure if these two have ever been in pageants though. Not really sure why it matters anyway.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:14 AM

118 posts, read 146,602 times
If he endorses Obams then he's not as smart as I thought he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections