Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:40 PM

10,654 posts, read 18,715,576 times

Advertisements

Bumped for the "How Could you Vote for someone with the name Barack Hussan (sic) Obama after 9/11" thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,274,131 times
"And it is permitted to be said such things as, 'Well, you know that Mr. Obama is a Muslim.' Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, 'He's a Muslim and he might be associated with terrorists.' This is not the way we should be doing it in America."

This really bothers me, that "senior members" of the Republican Party actually could be saying and even believing idiotic stuff like this. Unless it's Inhofe.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,557,326 times
I will bump this thread up, everytime I see an idiotic post that uses Obama's full name to link him to terrorism.
I noticed that none of the typical, ill informed crowd that plays the Muslim card with Obama came on here to say that this was a proud american who gave his life for the USA.
But yet, Obama and his supporters "don't see America the way you and I do" (f****n Caribou Barbie)!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:06 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,996,705 times
TIME TO REMEMBER THAT WE ARE A NATION OF MIXED NATIONALITIES AND CULTURES.

Also time to remember that all these have provided soldiers, sailors and airmen for our country.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:18 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,137,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
TIME TO REMEMBER THAT WE ARE A NATION OF MIXED NATIONALITIES AND CULTURES.

Also time to remember that all these have provided soldiers, sailors and airmen for our country.
And maybe time to reflect and try to remember just where you were and what you were doing when you CHOSE:

1. the country in which you would be born

2. the race you would be born

3. the faith you would be born into

4. your sexual orientation

5. your IQ

6. your name

Old 10-21-2008, 09:37 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,406,521 times
Bumping this to keep it on top.

I am also a former CAP Marine..............for Obama

Old 10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,137,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Bumping this to keep it on top.

I am also a former CAP Marine..............for Obama
I am just curious and, since you seem to be a reasonable person, maybe I can ask you. Just what IS a CAP Marine?

Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am just curious and, since you seem to be a reasonable person, maybe I can ask you. Just what IS a CAP Marine?

Here's a link that explains it pretty well.

Combined Action Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,931,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
And maybe time to reflect and try to remember just where you were and what you were doing when you CHOSE:

1. the country in which you would be born

2. the race you would be born

3. the faith you would be born into

4. your sexual orientation

5. your IQ

6. your name
The only 'real' Americans are Native American's. Many of them still practice their non-Christian religions and speak their native language. They are also heros in our wars.

We have American's whose ancestors were 'forced', not just by slavary but by political genocide in native countries, to be here. They are also heros in our wars.

Those smug, smirking, self important because 'I'm white' citizens are second class to the majority of U.S.A. citizens, IMHO.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 10-21-2008 at 12:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections