Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
That "American Hero" turned his back on Americans when he opted to run a smear campaign and appoint as his VP candidate a pair of boobs with an empty head under the assumption that democrats are stupid enough to vote for a female, regardless of the kind of female on the ticket.

He has shown no presidential behavior or sound judgement since before the summer. He has neither earned nor deserves to win this election.
Gotta spread the love before I can give you reps. Consider yourself repped!

Palin the boob with boobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,540,356 times
I'm not of either party not registered in either party. I vote for the person. THis person is Barack Obama. I'm sorry but you are wrong . The hatred that has been spilled at this rallies of both Palin and McCain is ignorant. These people like the Congress women of Minnesota that looked like a silly fool the other night. And by the way I believe that if Palin could say whatever she wanted on the trail she would sound very much like her. Hasn't she slipped some anyway. I'm sick of this yours and mine and pro American and anti American. We are all Americans and this ignorant way of thinking that is what from the 50-60;s needs to be done with. It isn't working and God knows the McCain/ Palin ticket tries something different each week. It doesn't work. McCain lost this election. One main reasons is Palin I might ad and himself. I heard today that people in other countries even want Obama to win and say that Palin is a joke. Joke is on them Obama wins.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM

264 posts, read 1,152,410 times
Of course people in other countries want Obama, we'll quit blowin em up if he gets in there.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,929,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I'm not of either party not registered in either party. I vote for the person. THis person is Barack Obama. I'm sorry but you are wrong . The hatred that has been spilled at this rallies of both Palin and McCain is ignorant. These people like the Congress women of Minnesota that looked like a silly fool the other night. And by the way I believe that if Palin could say whatever she wanted on the trail she would sound very much like her. Hasn't she slipped some anyway. I'm sick of this yours and mine and pro American and anti American. We are all Americans and this ignorant way of thinking that is what from the 50-60;s needs to be done with. It isn't working and God knows the McCain/ Palin ticket tries something different each week. It doesn't work. McCain lost this election. One main reasons is Palin I might ad and himself. I heard today that people in other countries even want Obama to win and say that Palin is a joke. Joke is on them Obama wins.
That hate from some of the McCain/Palin foloowers is nasty and terrible. But, don't you think that what so many of the Obama/Biden followers has done is also nasty and terrible, or are you one sided about all of this?

Another thing, who the hell cares what any other country thinks or wants when it comes to our President? Did you ever think that there is a reason they want Obama? Did you ever think about that reason could be?

Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 PM

694 posts, read 2,017,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Gotta spread the love before I can give you reps. Consider yourself repped!

Palin the boob with boobs.

Your a sexist. Don't care if your male or female. If the Conservatives talked about Hillary as the boob with boobs you would be crying fowl. Sexist hypocrite.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:22 PM

264 posts, read 1,152,410 times
Oh happy day for Iraqis!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:23 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
The libertarian "solution" to America's present financial mess is to allow a "cleansing" of the financial markets with maybe 20% unemployment as a by-product. That is, let all the businesses fail that "need" to fail as of this leg of the business cycle. Not an option politically at this point in history.
Hate to break it to you, but unemployment continues to climb with no end in site. And all we have gotten from "big government" is a bogus bailout plan which is nothing but a corporate crutch and will not be creating any jobs in the near future if ever. These same people our government has seen fit to bail out put themselves in that position themselves and should have been allowed to fall. Do you see any American jobs popping up since this "wonder plan" came into fruition. All I see everyday on the news is more companies packing up shop and sending their business overseas. We need more government restraints and a return to the power of the state. Voting Libertarian is the only way we will ever get there.

PS Almost every man or woman I talked to about the bailout was against it. There are banks who are being forced to take bailout money and they are against it. Any thinking person would have been and still are against this big government bail out plan. So why did it happen anyway? Because our current system of government saw fit to ignore the people's voice in favor of what they said was needed. Just looking out for our best interests right?

Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM

694 posts, read 2,017,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post

Do you just have a second grade education ? "I heard people in other countries even want Obama to Win".....

Old 10-21-2008, 06:26 PM

493 posts, read 717,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Um, are you OK? Seriously.
Yes, I'm ok, this is real stuff. Look at www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,077,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Hate to break it to you, but unemployment continues to climb with no end in site. And all we have gotten from "big government" is a bogus bailout plan which is nothing but a corporate crutch and will not be creating any jobs in the near future if ever. These same people our government has seen fit to bail out put themselves in that position themselves and should have been allowed to fall. Do you see any American jobs popping up since this "wonder plan" came into fruition. All I see everyday on the news is more companies packing up shop and sending their business overseas. We need more government restraints and a return to the power of the state. Voting Libertarian is the only way we will ever get there.

PS Almost every man or woman I talked to about the bailout was against it. There are banks who are being forced to take bailout money and they are against it. Any thinking person would have been and still are against this big government bail out plan. So why did it happen anyway? Because our current system of government saw fit to ignore the people's voice in favor of what they said was needed. Just looking out for our best interests right?
The businesses are opting to file for bankruptcy now or the first of the year next year before Obama raises the taxes on them and before Obama changes the bankruptcy laws.

Good luck with your jobs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections