Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
You're kidding, right? The media has steered Obama's whole campaign: from trying to completely obliterate Sarah Palin and her family ......
I love this forum. I'm adding years to my life from all the laughing I'm doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
That's what I mean. Obama never "plotted with Ayers."
There's more coming out. Seems they shared an office together, Obama blurbed his book.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:56 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,770,508 times
[quote=lakecountylifer;5796652]You claim this is patently false because you received an email from Howard Dean and the DNC claiming it's false ......lol. Hey I'm not drinking the Palin kool-aid-----I would have hoped for a different VP choice, but I will tell you that Obama has done NOTHING for the state of Illinois. NOTHING. He voted present over and over again before he was anointed by Rich Daley and the democratic corrupt machine in Chicago to be our Illinois "Celebrity Senator". What has he done since he entered the Senate? Nothing but photo ops and cocktail parties with the rich and elite. Illinois is the most corrupt state in the nation and this guy sat on his butt and did nothing. I ask you, if Obama had such little impact in Illinois, how can we change anything but Joe Biden's hair piece in Washington?[/QUOTE]

Hey...wish I'd said that! Good post, coming from someone who has NOT benefited from the Obamanation.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There's more coming out. Seems they shared an office together, Obama blurbed his book.
Oh please.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 PM

694 posts, read 2,017,964 times
"Obama never "plotted with Ayers."

No he just hosted a party for him launching his politcal career. Didn't matter he was a terrorist.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I believe you are correct. That's why I wear boots when I come onto this forum!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 PM

[quote=SCBeaches;5796712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
You claim this is patently false because you received an email from Howard Dean and the DNC claiming it's false ......lol. Hey I'm not drinking the Palin kool-aid-----I would have hoped for a different VP choice, but I will tell you that Obama has done NOTHING for the state of Illinois. NOTHING. He voted present over and over again before he was anointed by Rich Daley and the democratic corrupt machine in Chicago to be our Illinois "Celebrity Senator". What has he done since he entered the Senate? Nothing but photo ops and cocktail parties with the rich and elite. Illinois is the most corrupt state in the nation and this guy sat on his butt and did nothing. I ask you, if Obama had such little impact in Illinois, how can we change anything but Joe Biden's hair piece in Washington?[/QUOTE]

Hey...wish I'd said that! Good post, coming from someone who has NOT benefited from the Obamanation.
No. I don't get my information from emails. As for Obama's performance as a state senator, not everyone shares your opinion. Re "photo ops" and "cocktail parties," it might interest you to know that McCain almost never shows up to vote in Congress and has a reputation for being a party guy.

Enough. Good night.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
"Obama never "plotted with Ayers."

No he just hosted a party for him launching his politcal career. Didn't matter he was a terrorist.
They sat on a board together, a board funded by a billionaire Republican. Along with a lot of other people. Here they are:

Board of Directors
The founding Board of Directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge as announced in 1995 were:[39][40]
Patricia Albjerg Graham
Barack Obama, civil rights attorney at Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland; lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School; member of the board of directors of the Joyce Foundation and the Woods Fund of Chicago; winner, Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40 award, 1993; former president of the Harvard Law Review (1990–1991); former executive director of the Developing Communities Project (June 1985–May 1988)[25][41][42][43]
Stanley O. Ikenberry, president of the University of Illinois (1979–1995); member of the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago (1983–1995); former professor of education (1965–1971) and senior vice president (1971–1979) of Pennsylvania State University
Arnold R. Weber, president of the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago (1995–1999); member of the board of directors of the Arie and Ida Crown Memorial and the Tribune Company; former president of Northwestern University (1985–1994) and the University of Colorado (1980–1985); professor of labor economics and friend and colleague of George P. Shultz at MIT, the University of Chicago, and in the Nixon administration[44]
Raymond G. Romero, vice president and general counsel of Ameritech; Chicago School Finance Authority board member (appointed in 1992 by Governor Jim Edgar); candidate in the 1996 Democratic primary for the 5th Congressional District of Illinois; winner, Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40 award, 1991; former Illinois Commerce Commission commissioner (appointed in 1985 by Governor Jim Thompson); former civil rights attorney as Midwest regional director of MALDEF where he was lead counsel for Hispanic plaintiffs in the 1985 Chicago ward remap[43][45]
Wanda White, executive director of the Community Workshop on Economic Development; former policy director of the Women's Self-Employment Project; former deputy commissioner of economic development under Chicago Mayors Washington, Sawyer and Daley
Susan M. Crown, president of the Arie and Ida Crown Memorial; vice president of Henry Crown & Company; daughter of Lester Crown[40][46]
Handy L. Lindsey, Jr., executive director (1988–1997) then president (1997–2003) of the Field Foundation of Illinois; outgoing chairman of the Donors Forum of Chicago; former associate director of the Chicago Community Trust (1986–1988)[40]
The final Board of Directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge in 2001 were:[47]
Patricia Albjerg Graham
Barack Obama
Edward S. Bottum, managing director of Chase Franklin Corp.; former president and vice chairman of Continental Illinois Bank[48]
Connie C. Evans, founder and president of the Women's Self-Employment Project
Susan Blankenbaker Noyes, former labor attorney at Sidley & Austin; daughter of Republican former Indiana state senator Virginia Murphy Blankenbaker; goddaughter of Patricia Albjerg Graham[49]
Scott C. Smith, president, CEO and publisher of the Chicago Tribune; former president, CEO and publisher of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel of Fort Lauderdale; former chairman of the South Florida Annenberg Challenge
Nancy S. Searle, consultant to the Searle Funds at the Chicago Community Trust
Victoria J. Chou, dean of the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago
John W. McCarter, Jr., president and CEO of the Field Museum
James Reynolds, Jr., co-founder, chairman and CEO of Loop Capital Services
The Board of Directors met monthly for the first six months and quarterly thereafter.

Furthermore, board members do things like host fundraising parties for colleagues running for office. And they often sit on the same boards. Ayers was a nonprofit board member associate of Obama's--for the CAC and the Woods Foundation. Ayers hosted a party for Obama in his run for the Senate. And the other people on the CAC board (above) attended this party. That's it. That's all there is to it. Is everyone on this board therefore "palling around with terrorists"? Get real.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Desecrate the Demoratic process is what your candidate and your party is doing. From plotting with Ayers to the massive vote fraud initiative with Acorn-----this group of kool-aid drinking thugs (DNC and the liberal media) are taking America hostage.
Do you realize that not only to believe this propaganda but to parrot the expressions -
  • plotting with Ayers
  • "massive fraud initiative" with "Acorn"
  • the liberal media
- you have to have swallowed an ocean of Kool-Aid?!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 PM

694 posts, read 2,017,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
They sat on a board together, a board funded by a billionaire Republican. Along with a lot of other people. Here they are:

Board of Directors
The founding Board of Directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge as announced in 1995 were:[39][40]
Patricia Albjerg Graham
Barack Obama, civil rights attorney at Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland; lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School; member of the board of directors of the Joyce Foundation and the Woods Fund of Chicago; winner, Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40 award, 1993; former president of the Harvard Law Review (1990–1991); former executive director of the Developing Communities Project (June 1985–May 1988)[25][41][42][43]
Stanley O. Ikenberry, president of the University of Illinois (1979–1995); member of the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago (1983–1995); former professor of education (1965–1971) and senior vice president (1971–1979) of Pennsylvania State University
Arnold R. Weber, president of the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago (1995–1999); member of the board of directors of the Arie and Ida Crown Memorial and the Tribune Company; former president of Northwestern University (1985–1994) and the University of Colorado (1980–1985); professor of labor economics and friend and colleague of George P. Shultz at MIT, the University of Chicago, and in the Nixon administration[44]
Raymond G. Romero, vice president and general counsel of Ameritech; Chicago School Finance Authority board member (appointed in 1992 by Governor Jim Edgar); candidate in the 1996 Democratic primary for the 5th Congressional District of Illinois; winner, Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40 award, 1991; former Illinois Commerce Commission commissioner (appointed in 1985 by Governor Jim Thompson); former civil rights attorney as Midwest regional director of MALDEF where he was lead counsel for Hispanic plaintiffs in the 1985 Chicago ward remap[43][45]
Wanda White, executive director of the Community Workshop on Economic Development; former policy director of the Women's Self-Employment Project; former deputy commissioner of economic development under Chicago Mayors Washington, Sawyer and Daley
Susan M. Crown, president of the Arie and Ida Crown Memorial; vice president of Henry Crown & Company; daughter of Lester Crown[40][46]
Handy L. Lindsey, Jr., executive director (1988–1997) then president (1997–2003) of the Field Foundation of Illinois; outgoing chairman of the Donors Forum of Chicago; former associate director of the Chicago Community Trust (1986–1988)[40]
The final Board of Directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge in 2001 were:[47]
Patricia Albjerg Graham
Barack Obama
Edward S. Bottum, managing director of Chase Franklin Corp.; former president and vice chairman of Continental Illinois Bank[48]
Connie C. Evans, founder and president of the Women's Self-Employment Project
Susan Blankenbaker Noyes, former labor attorney at Sidley & Austin; daughter of Republican former Indiana state senator Virginia Murphy Blankenbaker; goddaughter of Patricia Albjerg Graham[49]
Scott C. Smith, president, CEO and publisher of the Chicago Tribune; former president, CEO and publisher of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel of Fort Lauderdale; former chairman of the South Florida Annenberg Challenge
Nancy S. Searle, consultant to the Searle Funds at the Chicago Community Trust
Victoria J. Chou, dean of the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago
John W. McCarter, Jr., president and CEO of the Field Museum
James Reynolds, Jr., co-founder, chairman and CEO of Loop Capital Services
The Board of Directors met monthly for the first six months and quarterly thereafter.

Furthermore, board members do things like host fundraising parties for colleagues running for office. And they often sit on the same boards. Ayers was a nonprofit board member associate of Obama's--for the CAC and the Woods Foundation. Ayers hosted a party for Obama in his run for the Senate. And the other people on the CAC board (above) attended this party. That's it. That's all there is to it. Is everyone on this board therefore "palling around with terrorists"? Get real.

Only if they personally let a known terrorist host a coffee party as a political coming out party. Sorry but you cant put lipstick on a terrorist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections