Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:19 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,635 times

Advertisements

Palin is a doer and not a talker. She is very inarticulate, however she knows how to get things done and do them right most of the time. I can compare her to an immigrant who is hard-working but cannot articulate well. However, this immigrant has the know-how and focus to get things done. Palin's type is a focused person. She focuses on her project and forgets about everything else thus causing her naivity on other issues and inarticulation. But the advantage is that the project she focuses on gets done as evident by her many accomplishments in Alaska.

Teenage pregnancy. All I can say from what I've observed is that most of them usually end up more successful than the average American and go into management & executive positions. They mature early and gets the family out of the way early.

Military and high-school dropout. Usually, children of powerful parents mess up when they are young only to end up having the same high ambitions as their parents later in life. Sooner or later, they will figure out that they don't want to be a loser.

Sarah's biggest problem is that she is vey inarticulate. Her language is that of a mother talking to her children. Her language is very informal and she does not know how to string words together to form an intelligent-sounding sentence.

She needs to join the toastmasters and get a lot of training on public speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 12:20 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
She understands what global warming is. After all, Alaska has the largest international research center (relating to global warming) in the northern hemisphere. The name is IARC, at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks. However, she, like a lot of scientists, doesn't fall for the "human-caused" global warming. Besides, for several years now, the global temperature hasn't increased.
The fact that humans are having a measurable impact on climate change is one endorsed by a vast majority of scientists, governments, and academies. The disagreement that scientists have is over just how much our contribution to the phenomenon is.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:20 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I remember when it happened, and what the local gossip was.

And I believe there was an article about it in the National Enquirer.
One of the kids who got punished for vandalizing the buses already told the news papers in Alaska that Palin's son was not part of the group. He did that after he became an adult, since the names of the participants could not be made public by the police when it happened. That rumor has been debunked.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
The fact that humans are having a measurable impact on climate change is one endorsed by a vast majority of scientists, governments, and academies. The disagreement that scientists have is over just how much our contribution to the phenomenon is.
Perhaps. But there is a fact scientists can't explain: how come previous global warming existed without the presence of humans? Which humans are causing global warming in Mars. A good source of information relating to the climate (global warming, etc.) is IARC itself:
http://people.iarc.uaf.edu/~sakasofu/climate.php

Professor Akasofu, the founder and former director of IARC, has a lot of information on the subject. IARC was founded when global warming became the talk of the day, with the help of Al Gore and Senator Stevens.

Last edited by RayinAK; 10-23-2008 at 12:32 AM..

Old 10-23-2008, 12:27 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
OMG not to get off topic but I have a bachelors degree too and I hated just about every minute of college too. It was like high school all over again but with more freedom.

Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

BTW I have a bachelors degree and I hated every minute of college.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:28 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Quote:
Palin is a doer and not a talker. She is very inarticulate, however she knows how to get things done and do them right most of the time. I can compare her to an immigrant who is hard-working but cannot articulate well. However, this immigrant has the know-how and focus to get things done. Palin's type is a focused person. She focuses on her project and forgets about everything else thus causing her naivity on other issues and inarticulation. But the advantage is that the project she focuses on gets done as evident by her many accomplishments in Alaska.
Oh please. She barely bothered to show her face at the majority of the legislative meetings in Juneau.

Quote:
One of the kids who got punished for vandalizing the buses already told the news papers in Alaska that Palin's son was not part of the group. He did that after he became an adult, since the names of the participants could not be made public by the police when it happened. That rumor has been debunked.
Yes, I do know that. And although the whole thing really doesn't matter to me, a different story was all over the valley on the morning that they found the buses. But that's all just rumor.

I mailed in my vote today and I'm glad I was able to do so without having to justify it by trying to tear down someone's children. And my only real purpose in this thread was to point out that Track did in fact graduate from high school.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
OMG not to get off topic but I have a bachelors degree too and I hated just about every minute of college too. It was like high school all over again but with more freedom.

Good post.
I believe Bill Gates dropped-out of college, and did very well after. Intellect may be a good thing but more than just intellect is needed to make tit through life.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:35 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,400 times
Quote:
Perhaps. But there is a fact scientists can't explain: how come previous global warming existed without the presence of humans? Which humans are causing global warming in Mars. A good source of information relating to the climate (global warming, etc.) is IARC itself:
http://people.iarc.uaf.edu/~sakasofu/climate.php

Professor Akasofu, the founder and former director of IARC, has a lot of information on the subject. IARC was founded when global warming became the talk of the day, with the help of Al Gore and Senator Stevens.
Thanks for the link, I'm checking it out. Like this quote though, from the aforementioned professor:

Quote:
People who are concerned about protecting the earth might also turn their attention to this question - Why has so little concrete effort been made to reduce the release of CO2, compared to such a great outcry and hysteria about global warming?

Old 10-23-2008, 12:37 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Bill Gates probably has extremely high IQ coupled with common sense and creativity.

I'm in graduate school now and ugh, I'm not sure why I'm doing it except for it looks good to have a masters and hopefully people will respect me more in a career stand point.

Quote:
I believe Bill Gates dropped-out of college, and did very well after. Intellect may be a good thing but more than just intellect is needed to make tit through life.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Thanks for the link, I'm checking it out. Like this quote though, from the aforementioned professor:
Yes, that one is a good one. The guy is real good, and his articles are very interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections