Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Our name has become mud throughout the world and especially in Europe. We are a laughing stock- even to our Canadian neighbors.

The rest of the world clearly recognizes that change is needed- not only to help us, but to ultimately help them. They think of Bush as an ignorant bully who started a war by lying not only to all Americans but also to our allies throughout the world.

The Iraq War has affected countries other than our own- all based upon a lie from the Bush administration.

Europeans tend to be a peaceable people for the most part. They have seen McCain sing about bombing Iran. They have news over there that is completely unfiltered and they know what kind of man he is. And they do not respect him.

I work for a company that is headquartered in Europe. And they all hope that Barack Obama wins this election.
i guess obama is planning on buying world love with american taxpayer money. that is an interesting twist that many americans do not appreciate. check out his global poverty bill and his foreign debt reduction bills!

i suppose for the people who want the rest of the world to love us no american taxpayer price is too big to pay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
you know what the difference between the united states and europe? in europe, the middle class pay half their paycheck in taxes and get a ton of services. in the US, the middle class pays half their paycheck in taxes and gets nothing.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,123,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Our name has become mud throughout the world and especially in Europe. We are a laughing stock- even to our Canadian neighbors.

The rest of the world clearly recognizes that change is needed- not only to help us, but to ultimately help them. They think of Bush as an ignorant bully who started a war by lying not only to all Americans but also to our allies throughout the world.

The Iraq War has affected countries other than our own- all based upon a lie from the Bush administration.

Europeans tend to be a peaceable people for the most part. They have seen McCain sing about bombing Iran. They have news over there that is completely unfiltered and they know what kind of man he is. And they do not respect him.

I work for a company that is headquartered in Europe. And they all hope that Barack Obama wins this election.
They sure do. But don't you think they want him to win for THEIR best interests?

I just hope and pray to God nobody is voting for Obama because of how Europe feels about him.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 AM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
McCain is a yes man. He only does what others tell him to do. He says what you would like to hear. He flip flops to fit his need for your vote. He is NOT a leader by any standards. He has no idea what to do if he was elected. He caters to anyone who wants something. Congress, lobbyists and others will tell him how to run the country. If you think it was bad under Bushka, wait until you see McCain as the president.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 AM

68,342 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Will they make us sit in a booster seat?

What else can we do to be more popular?

A President who doesn't act like an arrogant twit and displays some sign of intelligence would be a good start.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 AM

but ron paul wasn't nominated. neither choice we have been given fits into your category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A President who doesn't act like an arrogant twit and displays some sign of intelligence would be a good start.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,521,170 times
Hmmmm... Let me think, the last time I cared about what Europes opinion of us and our election was uhhhh... NEVER!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I thought our ancestors came here because they didn't want to be over there. Do you think our ancestors would care who the Europeans thought we should elect as our President? Uh...no.
Our ancestors are dead and that was a long long time ago. Uhhh, the world is different now (gawd, it feels ridiculous to be having to tell someone this!).

Old 10-24-2008, 07:04 AM

you are right. the world is much worse. now we have to get a permit to blow our noses, and pay fines if we don't have a permit. what a world we live in. we get tickets by mail now. guilty without a fair trial. what an age we live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Our ancestors are dead and that was a long long time ago. Uhhh, the world is different now (gawd, it feels ridiculous to be having to tell someone this!).

Old 10-24-2008, 07:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Hmmmm... Let me think, the last time I cared about what Europes opinion of us and our election was uhhhh... NEVER!
Ya, until you want some allies to help fight a war, or your city was hit by planes and contributions from ALL OVER THE WORLD poured in.
Forgot to add: WANT TO BORROW MONEY.

This attitude by repubs that the U.S. does not need to care what the rest of the world thinks is just stupid. There isn't a better word but some runners up would be:

Short-sighted

Backwards

Ignorant

Isolationist

Stupid

Arrogant

Blind

Anti-Peace

Pro-war

Stupid

Unsophisticated

Narrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections