Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
ALMOST - but not quite. An impossible task.
LOL...That is true.I stumbled across a "Bushisms" site the other night and LMAO until the reality sank in that this stupid S.O.B. has been in running the show for nearly 8 years.That stopped the laughter for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 07:45 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn142/Revbigdaddy/idiot.jpg (broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
ALMOST - but not quite. An impossible task.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:59 AM

873 posts, read 1,589,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
She is clueless! I have been watching her interviews for sometime now. I enourage everyone to watch her on clips on Youtube. Charles gibson and Katie Couric interviews are great. Oh, and before I forget, check out the one by cnn or cnbc where you can see Russia from Canada. LOL, LOL

This is more like a compilation. But also search for each of the complete interviews too.

YouTube - Sarah Mania! Sarah Palin's Greatest Hits

It's scary that she could someday be our president if something were to happen to him as president.

It's hilarious when she uses words like "maverick" over and over. It's like when kids learn a new word and they use it every chance they get.
Great link! I think that's why they've decided she can't interview anymore. She makes a total fool of herself and of McCain. He carried more weight before Palin. He's lost all credibility with her.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:28 AM

1,401 posts, read 3,775,936 times
A great mom??? I'm sorry, I just can't respect any woman who thinks its okay for her 17 year old daughter to be pregnant. Its NOT okay. She is pro sex education in schools, but can't teach her own kid to ask her boyfriend to use a condom if she wants to be sexually active?

She really does make Dumbya look like member of Mensa.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
She will have to wait a lot longer than 2016 to rehabilitate herself politically. That's simply too soon for her to return to the national scene. Too many memories.

BTW, fruit fly research is basic biology. When my DD was a college sophomore, she did some fruit fly research. It's how biologists learn. But then, Sarah knew that, right?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:07 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Default A Little Common Sense Please.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I like her new "look." It won't help however.

Okay, she is talking about spending more money for special needs children by cutting wasteful government spending. One way to cut spending is to limit earmarks for pet projects, something McCain has always fought against. However, it's kind of ironic, since Alaska has been the biggest abuser of earmarks.

Anyway, since this scientific study may prove very beneficial to children with autism, she again put her foot in her mouth. At least she wears very expensive shoes!

Think Progress » Memo To Palin: Fruit Fly Research Has Led To Advances In Understanding Autism

Tonight I was watching Rachel Maddow and one guest was a Senator from Alaska. Rachel made a comment after he spoke that all the people from Alaska she's had on her show speak very articulately! (nobody says betcha!)

I followed your link and read the material. I also checked out another source. Maybe I missed something because I'm not seeing where the research being funded is any different than any other research projects seeking funding that make similar claims. I guess I would be pretty surprised if a researcher who was looking for funding came out and said the work I want you to pay for may, or may not, have any benefits for anyone but I still want some money! On the other hand, if the same researcher said that the research he or she wanted you to fund will almost certainly cure Lupus (a disease I personally have), their augments for funding will stand a better chance of being realized. If noting else, It will have the effect of silencing critics of pork barrel spending because nobody wants to be on the other end of a witch hunt or be accused of blocking critical research. But from what I've seen, it is always critical life saving research these people want to spend my tax dollars on. If you could provide me with any other information about this research that makes it different from so many others making similar claims, that would be greatly appreciated.

"Methotrexate (MTX), a popular cancer-fighting drug also used to treat psoriasis, ectopic pregnancies, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus, lasts a long time in the body and causes birth defects in children from women who have it in their systems. The study of the drug's effect on fruit flies has allowed Queen's researchers including graduate student Joslynn Affleck to identify the genes on which the drug acts.
"We hope that through this model system we can provide insight into mammalian birth defects, which may be expected to increase in frequency in the future, due to the recent elevated use of MTX," says Affleck."

Fruit Fly Research Set To Revolutionize Study Of Birth Defects

Old 10-25-2008, 01:27 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Would somebody please tell me what she is talking about:
YouTube - Palin hits fruit fly research but it has helped autism
Basically what she's always saying..."I'm a complete nitwit that doesn't belong here but will energize the even stupider Republican/talk-radio base, so that's why Mr.Mavericky picked me...So watch as I try to B.S. my way through this thing"

Old 10-25-2008, 01:32 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
LOL...That is true.I stumbled across a "Bushisms" site the other night and LMAO until the reality sank in that this stupid S.O.B. has been in running the show for nearly 8 years.That stopped the laughter for me.
That is true. Bush speaking and the Bushisms went from funny-to-scary-to-downright pity.

I'm actually finding myself feeling sorry for the guy. To have to live with being a failure on the level he has been...You have to think at some point he didn't really mean the harm he's done...I think the creeps behind the curtain really knew what they were doing and didn't have a concious about it...The Dick Cheneys, Rumsfelds, Wolfowitzs, Frums, Armitages...
Bush was just a useful idiot for them, and at some point, even as dumb as he appears to be, I think it's going to hit him what damage he has done to the country and world!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,842,651 times
Here's a translation of Palin's words.

The audio is important- not the visual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cvotwO0Kwo

Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
She will have to wait a lot longer than 2016 to rehabilitate herself politically. That's simply too soon for her to return to the national scene. Too many memories.

BTW, fruit fly research is basic biology. When my DD was a college sophomore, she did some fruit fly research. It's how biologists learn. But then, Sarah knew that, right?
Ooooh, you betcha she thinks fruit flies are nothing but icky icky bugs and even though they can survive a nukeyular reaction, well that just goes to show ya that fruit flies are nothing but a reminder of Satan and they have been ever since the time the dinosaurs walked with man. Dontcha know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections