Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 03:40 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,672,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
That is true. Bush speaking and the Bushisms went from funny-to-scary-to-downright pity.

I'm actually finding myself feeling sorry for the guy. To have to live with being a failure on the level he has been...You have to think at some point he didn't really mean the harm he's done...I think the creeps behind the curtain really knew what they were doing and didn't have a concious about it...The Dick Cheneys, Rumsfelds, Wolfowitzs, Frums, Armitages...
Bush was just a useful idiot for them, and at some point, even as dumb as he appears to be, I think it's going to hit him what damage he has done to the country and world!
I do wonder what the dynamics really were in his administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 03:41 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,064,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Would somebody please tell me what she is talking about:
YouTube - Palin hits fruit fly research but it has helped autism

I am dumber than a brick but I am going to try and BS my way through this speech in the hope that those who are listening are as dumb as I am (a good bet I might add).

More on that dumb fruit fly research and studies on birth defects:

Fruit Fly Research Set To Revolutionize Study Of Birth Defects

Old 10-25-2008, 05:44 PM

517 posts, read 1,807,383 times
Please listen to all these links:

YouTube - Jack Cafferty slams Sarah Palin!

YouTube - CNN: Palin Has Never Seen Russia From Alaska

YouTube - CNN Laughs It Up Over Sarah Palin Interview

They are so worth your time. Please comment.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:01 PM

873 posts, read 1,589,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
Ya know, I'm just willing to lay odds that Katie Couric isn't gonna vote for Palin.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:41 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
ya know, i'm just willing to lay odds that katie couric isn't gonna vote for palin.
rotflmao!

Old 10-25-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
Ya know, I'm just willing to lay odds that Katie Couric isn't gonna vote for Palin.
Would have to agree with you on that one. Same for McAfferty (spelling?) and Charles Gibson. hahah

Old 10-25-2008, 06:49 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
That is true. Bush speaking and the Bushisms went from funny-to-scary-to-downright pity.

I'm actually finding myself feeling sorry for the guy. To have to live with being a failure on the level he has been...You have to think at some point he didn't really mean the harm he's done...I think the creeps behind the curtain really knew what they were doing and didn't have a concious about it...The Dick Cheneys, Rumsfelds, Wolfowitzs, Frums, Armitages...
Bush was just a useful idiot for them, and at some point, even as dumb as he appears to be, I think it's going to hit him what damage he has done to the country and world!
I actually kind of agree with you.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:50 PM

That is sad- he'll have to live with the fact that so many people dislike him and think he did nothing for our country. hmmm . interesting

Old 10-26-2008, 05:49 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
That is sad- he'll have to live with the fact that so many people dislike him and think he did nothing for our country. hmmm . interesting
Well, maybe Sarah can have him as a regular guest when she gets a job on The View. Then he can vent his spleen and enjoy citicizing President Obama's every move. And if that gets old, they can talk about fruit flies... or how dinosaurs used to walk with humans...

Old 10-26-2008, 05:59 AM

48,174 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Her level of sophistication could have led her to deny funding to Dr. Saulk because he was only interested in curing diseases in white rats....and she wanted a polio cure for people.

Sarah Palin is selectively anti-science. She ridicules research that uses fruit flies to study human disease....altho this is indisputably valuable and productive research...but she sought and accepted earmark funds to study the behavior of King Crabs.

She doesnt understand the fruit fly is one of the preferred laboratory specimens because of its very short life and the ability to do multi-generational studies in a compact amount of time. Her throwing in Paris France seems to harken back to the Freedom Fries controversy.....someone needs to remind her that McCain has rehabilitated France now...its Spain and those other latin American countries he doesnt trust
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections