Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 02:26 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,241 times

Advertisements

This is a summary of what has happened legally regarding Obama's eligibility:

Electoral College Grass-roots Movement
Pennyslvania Case (Now in the Supreme Court ALIVE)
New Jersey Case - Leo Donofrio (Now in the Supreme Court ALIVE)
Ohio Case (DEAD)
Hawaii Case (ALIVE)
Washington Case (DEAD)
Virigina Case (DEAD)
Connecticut Case
California Case - Joan Corbett (ALIVE)
California Case - Alan Keyes and Electors (ALIVE)
California Case - David Archbold (Did not transpire)
Georgia Case (ALIVE)
North Carolina Case (ALIVE)
New York Case (Did not transpire)
New York Case - Christopher Strunk (ALIVE)
Texas Case (ALIVE)

Unconfirmed Cases

Patriot Brigade Case (Did not transpire)

Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 PM

234 posts, read 294,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
It's been tried dozens of times but the very same people who say they are done with this thread keep on returning.....including you and I.
O no, Ill still read it. But I won't debate them. And this is all I’m asking. Stop debating them because by debating them you are giving legitimacy to their claims and making them sound important and worth debating

Old 11-29-2008, 02:47 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Sanrene -

There is a simple way to confirm some of this - and it does not involve me at all!

On Monday, you should call Columbia University and Harvard Law School.

Talk to their admissions offices. Ask them how long they keep a copy of students' applications for admissions.

Failing that, go to the two colleges' websites, get the archive/library contact information and call or send them an email and ask them the same question. Not for the records themselves, but for the general practice.

While you are at it, ask about how one might access the records of a person to whom you are not related - and see if it is different for Obama than for any other student they have had in the last 30 years.

Or, if you prefer, talk to Yale and see if you can get George W. Bush's application or to Harvard Business School.

Do the same with the Illinois Bar Association application - I have no idea if they keep those or not. Certainly the volume is far less than for the colleges. (Don't forget to call Arkansas for Bill Clinton's Bar Association application, too, to see if the result is the same for both men.)

Sanrene, you claim to be only interested in the truth.

The truth is a) these records are not publicly available, b) have not been "sealed" or "locked down" or anything like it, and c) you can confirm this yourself rather than relying on any other posters or news sources.

Please - do the research yourself and report back to us what you find.

I would offer to do it, but you would not trust me. I will trust you to report back honestly what you are told (as I would not trust Kooter). OTOH, if you choose not to do this but persist in echoing Kooter's lies, then we will know that you are not, in fact, interested in truth.

Worse yet, by far - If you do not do this, you will know that you are not interested in the truth.
I have already posted here the link to the University of Pittsburg and their record keeping policy. No one is going to have application records for a number of reasons including privacy and record storage space and the staff needed to maintain and most importantly federal law.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
But if we keep posting we are bumping the thread to the top of the page, if we stop posting sanrene/kooter will be arguing with himself!
The advantage is it expsoses them at their fringe worse and limits their credibility in other threads. This has been happening for months and it is working.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:52 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
"Late" means simply a birth certificate issued by Hawaii that was not issued shortly after birth, e.g. born at home, etc. Thousands of people without Hawaiian birth certificates applied and received them. If you were really born in Kenya, but wanted to show you were born in the U.S. all that was required was an affidavit from a parent or grandparent that the birth took place in Hawaii...and BINGO - a Hawaii birth certificate!
WRONG....."The Certificate of Hawaiian Birth program was established in 1911, during the territorial era, to register a person BORN in Hawaii who was one year old or older and whose birth had not been previously registered in Hawaii. The Certificate of Hawaiian Birth Program was terminated in 1972, during the statehood era."

Hawai‘i State Department of Health

Old 11-29-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
JPS, I commend you for trying to reason with some people.

But I think it's time for you to accept the fact that you can't fix stupid.
Forrest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does

Old 11-29-2008, 03:01 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,638,916 times
Quote:
"Late" means simply a birth certificate issued by Hawaii that was not issued shortly after birth, e.g. born at home, etc.
1) Got proof? I'm looking for an example in the other direction.

2) Granting for the sake of the discussion that the two forms are the same, they would still have one key difference that you are ignoring - the date of registration. In the most commonly shown COLB from Hawaii other than Obama's - DeCosta's - there are 13 days between birth and filing with the Registrar. Obama's is 4 days.

3) This is a Delayed Birth Certificate, from Arkansas - and what I expect to find an equivalent of from Hawaii: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....ertificate.jpg
And another from Nebraska:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....ertificate.jpg

Quote:
Thousands of people without Hawaiian birth certificates applied and received them.
So you keep saying. I haven't found one yet. Nor have you.

And repetition still doesn't make it so.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
JPS, I commend you for trying to reason with some people.

But I think it's time for you to accept the fact that you can't fix stupid.
I have hopes for Sanrene.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
The Leo C. Donofrio lawsuit is the one that has the best case against Obama, which will be reviewed by the Supreme Court.
That's odd.

Donofrio disagrees with you.

Okay, I take it back. It's not odd.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
I have hopes for Sanrene.
What are you Mother Teresa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections