Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,955,101 times

Advertisements

There is a reason this article came out less than a week before election day. It also doesn't ring true with me... All too conveniently packaged and without depth. I smell a rat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 04:45 PM

25,845 posts, read 20,781,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
There is a reason this article came out less than a week before election day. It also doesn't ring true with me... All too conveniently packaged and without depth. I smell a rat.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:01 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,650,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I'm not sure that paranoia and vitriol are particularly useful responses at this point in time.

I respect Wendy Button's decision. I happen to disagree with it and think that it ignores Senator McCain's history and positions, though she would insist that she disagrees. I also would bet that had Senator Clinton won, she would have been horrified by the stances taken and ads run by the McCain campaign.

But, for all that, she is following her heart in this, which I am sure changes the tone of her writing.

She has done good work for the Dems in the past - you can read her on Huffingtonpost, if so inclined.

I wish her well in the future, I hope she does not look back on either the decision to Vote McCain or to declare it with regret, later. And I hope she returns to the fold, having learned lessons that are less painful, but very informative.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:02 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,303,225 times
Interesting timing.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:03 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,955,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Interesting timing.
Yep.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,290,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Interesting timing.
No, not really, anyone who thinks it through can probably understand she stayed around as long as there was a check, and now that the election is here, the check is gone and she can go where she wants..

Old 10-29-2008, 05:08 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,022,586 times
A job opening? Hey, that's good news these days. And if there's an opening for a speech writer, I'll apply. I've been writing my own speeches for 40 years, and I'm not bad if I do say so myself. Most of all--I'm not bothered by the things that sent her packing, especially her comments about female candidates being attacked. I'm sorry, but that happens in politics. I'm not about to give someone a pass just becuase she has ovaries. And I don't think anyone else should, either.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:14 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,122,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
hey wendy, don't switch candidates because of issues! Good riddance. If you look at see what she's written in the past at huffpo (wonder what they are saying now?) ... You'll see that she is playing right into the "hysterical woman" stereotype.
lol

Old 10-29-2008, 05:27 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,835,138 times
I'm sure that Obama is hurting for speechwriters. I'm sure it was good riddance on the campaign's part. Obama probably didn't treat her like John Edwards did. He probably expected her to hand in good work product and the other speech writers were tapdancing around her. Boo hoo ... wonder if McCain will hire her. Doubt it.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:27 PM

27,223 posts, read 46,900,430 times
Wow, I'm glad you posted this article and I read with a lot amazing.....and I also understand every word she is writing and she can write very well.

Although the empty suit of hot air hope and horrible change is not my choice I noticed that his speeches were very good written, unfortunately with bad things for the economy in there but that is't the fault of the writer.

She is very good and I know she will get an even better job and most important she will be respected by Rep.

Most of us saw how even the Dem. woman on the view behaved horrible towards Cindy and John McCain..you might not agree with them but to be so disrespectful, that is horrible...and I guess the ratings will plunge....they only time the went up was if Obama or McCain came and that will not happen that often, so unless they have another weird thing on their show, the show will drop in the ratings and they deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections