Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

So Long, Democrats - The Daily Beast

Quote:
The party I believed in wouldn’t look down on working people under any circumstance. And Joe the Plumber is right. This is the absolutely worst time to raise taxes on anyone: the rich, the middle class, the poor, small businesses and corporations.
Nice comdemnation of her former party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 06:53 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,163,511 times
Quote:
Before I cast my vote, I will correct my party affiliation and change it to No Party or Independent. Then, in the spirit of election 2008, I’ll get a manicure, pedicure, and my hair done. Might as well look pretty when I am unemployed in a city swimming with “D’s.”

Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Obviously, there was nothing to aid Obama with since he wrote his own speeches. McCain however, has the same delivery of an Undertaker, and needs all the help he can get.

Why would McCain even ACCEPT Obama's speechwriter if he DIDN'T respect Obama speeches? Seems to be an endorsement of Obama.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 10-29-2008 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-29-2008, 07:11 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Nice comdemnation of her former party.

Republicans Jumping Ship 66 and growing.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:11 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
There's already a thread on this dumb story, post a reliable source please.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Wow, I'm glad you posted this article and I read with a lot amazing.....and I also understand every word she is writing and she can write very well.

Although the empty suit of hot air hope and horrible change is not my choice I noticed that his speeches were very good written, unfortunately with bad things for the economy in there but that is't the fault of the writer.

She is very good and I know she will get an even better job and most important she will be respected by Rep.

Most of us saw how even the Dem. woman on the view behaved horrible towards Cindy and John McCain..you might not agree with them but to be so disrespectful, that is horrible...and I guess the ratings will plunge....they only time the went up was if Obama or McCain came and that will not happen that often, so unless they have another weird thing on their show, the show will drop in the ratings and they deserve it.
Where????...Romper Room was cancelled years ago.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:47 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
A speechwriter for Obama, Edwards, and Clinton on why she’s voting McCain.

Not only has this party belittled working people in this campaign, it has also been part of tearing down two female candidates.
If it's true and she's gone, then good for her...No time for calling each other "diva" and "wackjob" or going "rougue" and effectively dessimating a campaign by backstabbing each other in the Obama campaign. I'm sure she can find a job with the McCain campaign. Plenty of spots for traitors over there.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:48 PM

172 posts, read 486,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
A speechwriter for Obama, Edwards, and Clinton on why she’s voting McCain. Since I started writing speeches more than ten years ago, I have always believed in the Democratic Party. Not anymore. Not after the election of 2008. This transformation has been swift and complete and since I’m a woman writing in the election of 2008, “very emotional.”

I say "Dont let the door hit you on the backside, and say hello to lieberman for me!"

Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
A speechwriter for Obama, Edwards, and Clinton on why she’s voting McCain. Since I started writing speeches more than ten years ago, I have always believed in the Democratic Party. Not anymore. Not after the election of 2008. This transformation has been swift and complete and since I’m a woman writing in the election of 2008, “very emotional.”

A right wing blog???

Old 10-29-2008, 10:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Why would McCain even ACCEPT Obama's speechwriter if he DIDN'T respect Obama speeches? Seems to be an endorsement of Obama.
She's voting for McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections